• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vire

HEY GUYS SCREW A GOOD UI WERE JUST GONNA FILL IN HALF SCREEN WITH FOUR (4, 1, 2, 3 ,4 FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) BUTTONS AND THE OTHER HALF WITH THE PLAYERS IN THE GAME. WTF THAT SHIT FITS INTO ABOUT A QUATER OF THE SCREEN. SIGH 343 thats just terrible

I'm with you to certain extent on the Forge stuff, but yeah... settle down.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
HEY GUYS SCREW A GOOD UI WERE JUST GONNA FILL IN HALF SCREEN WITH FOUR (4, 1, 2, 3 ,4 FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) BUTTONS AND THE OTHER HALF WITH THE PLAYERS IN THE GAME. WTF THAT SHIT FITS INTO ABOUT A QUATER OF THE SCREEN. SIGH 343 thats just terrible

LMAO. Priceless doz1z.

Overdoziz

Banned
Hey 343, if you wanna impress people Forge at least show off something that's impressive. This is just Reah Forge with better lighting and a shittier Forge World. WHAT THE FUCXK HAPPENED>

zap

Good point ruined by rage and caps :p

Honestly though, I am not a fan of the UI. :(

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
The bar on the left never moves, even when he fires the plasma cannon or does barrel-rolls and loops. I assume it's just for boost, like Reach.

The "100" on the right never changes. Vehicle health? Fuel rod ammo?

-------
PRE-RELEASE NEOGAF POST
Not Representative of Final Confirmedness

I'm believe the vehicle UI wasn't finalized until after the E3 build was locked, so I'm pretty sure what you saw today wasn't completely functional.

those buttons are for your friendly neighborhood kinect

I'm believe the vehicle UI wasn't finalized until after the E3 build was locked, so I'm pretty sure what you saw today wasn't completely functional.

Ha, that would explain it then.

Hey 343, if you wanna impress people Forge at least show off something that's impressive. This is just Reah Forge with better lighting and a shittier Forge World. WHAT THE FUCXK HAPPENED>

I actually agree with this, while some of it was impressive, it did look VERY Reachy.

But Frank said that the UI in the Forge demo was definitely 100% final gold locked... Or was it the opposite of that? I can't remember so I'll just assume the worst-case scenario.

:p Thanks.

I haven't been paying attention. Thread moves too fast. Have a life, etc. What is he talking about?

Thermite

EXPECTING ANYTHING GREAT AFTER FORERUNNER VISION AND ITEMS THAT GET DELIVERED TO YOU AFTER YOU GET KILLS, 2012

1338343828159xdkk2.gif

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
But Frank said that the UI in the Forge demo was definitely 100% final gold locked... Or was it the opposite of that? I can't remember so I'll just assume the worst-case scenario.

:p

Ah, I thought you were talking about stuff from the MP gameplay. The Forge demo was on a different build so, yeah, Frank is correct.

Homeboyd

Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen of 343; I do not agree with some of the choices you've recently revealed from Halo 4's Forge. I especially do not favor the similar-to-Reach color scheme you've chosen to use with this particular Forge environment. I would very much appreciate an explanation for this decision, if and when you have a moment. I believe your intention was to leave me in a state of shock and awe after seeing these new features, but I must share with you my level of dissention with these aforementioned repeated offenses. Have you recently partaken in a psychiatric evaluation? If so, I would like to review and discuss the findings with you as I believe something is amiss. Pardon?
FIX'T!

I actually agree with this, while some of it was impressive, it did look VERY Reachy.

I think alot of it was down to the green map with the bloodgulch base. I think you can only evolve forge so much before it has to have a serious upgrade. Honestly with the work 343 are putting into campaign, spartan ops and multiplayer Im surprised we even got a update to reach forge which at a purely functional level was already pretty amazing.

While i was not blown away by forge 3.0 the additions particularly dynamic lighting, magnetism and duplication are very welcome. Would I of preferred terrain editing? sure. However I was under no illusion something like that was going to become a reality its a monumental task and given what 343i is doing its almost beyond expectations.

We still have no idea about the other 2 Forge Environments id bet one of them is very vibrant and colourful something set aboard a covenant ship would be perfect but requiem as a location has a huge list f possibly locations if its even half as diverse as a halo ring.

I'm content but not blown away, ultimately Forge and Theater are just fluff if the Campaign and Multiplayer are up to par then I'm a happy bunny

Akai__

I can't link YouTube videos here on my phone, but how about you copy this "why you heff to be mad" and paste it YouTube search. :p

You are a little bit overreacting Overdoziz. Things are not even final. I learned to not rage about games anymore. You should try it, too.

I have to watch everything tommorow, so I don't know if it is that bad.

Even though I've been kinda negative on some things today (particularly the UI), I'm overall happy with what I've seen today. Longbow looked awesoooome.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Have we gotten any confirmation that the menu UI is final? I know Reach stayed the same as in Beta, but IIRC Halo 3 was quite different. Today has probably been some of the best news since before E3 even, but man I cannot imagine anyone enjoying that UI. Perhaps someone who has never played a Halo game.

ElRenoRaven

The bad UI and Reach Forge convinced you? Good for you I guess.

No the gameplay did. I liked what I saw forge wise too other then all grey again. But the additions they added have gone a long long ways towards making it better. Also UI isn't the greatest yea but it's not the worst I've seen either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom