• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaDGaMEZ

Neo Member
Fair Enough.

If it's anything a lot of us from the competitive community have talked about ways to ignore cheating which seems to be a big issue. Like Jazzy said why not have ranks similar to Halo 2/3 but have them reset after a short time (1-3 months). With that the accounts hold no merit to sell. Now there is always the issue of standbying and boosting but even that happens now with no rankings, I believe that would fall under a ban-hammer issue. On top of the resetting people have a lot more motivation to get on and play and re-earn their rank. That's just a few idea some of us have thrown around. Glad to hear you guys are listening and are working hard on a system that works for both parties.

Pretty much the only reason I keep playing Arena at the beginning of every season, its to see if I can get back to where I was the season before. Actually this would be a great compromise

Not to mention that Universal Sprint makes some larger maps work OK for smaller teams/no vehicles. Longbow, for example, can be played sans Hogs, no problem at all. Changes the pace but is still compelling. This, in my opinion, which is one of the best opinions ever, makes almost all of the maps fairly convincing TS maps.

Is sprint toggle-able. If someone forged Lockout for instance could they turn sprint off because its going to do serious harm to some of the forge remakes if its always on.

Thing is there will always be cheaters. I'm gonna upload a gameplay to youtube sometime soon of me getting standby-ed in Super Slayer. Who cares about Super Slayer that much? There will always be cheaters.

Its true, there is shitty people in the world, until shitty people stop being shitty people. There is always going to be cheaters in any system. Thats just life. No reason to take something away cause some people are shitty. Just get the banhammer working correctly.

Not to mention that Universal Sprint makes some larger maps work OK for smaller teams/no vehicles. Longbow, for example, can be played sans Hogs, no problem at all. Changes the pace but is still compelling. This, in my opinion, which is one of the best opinions ever, makes almost all of the maps fairly convincing TS maps.

Would you say it's similar to Valhalla in how it'll be used in matchmaking?

Level of hate mail of my maps in matchmaking:

Uncongealed: death threats and hacking attempts
Cragmire: personal insults and "fuck spire"
Downlinked: You have a 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000 chance of getting this map. I've literally never gotten feedback on it. Ever. It's been in matchmaking for almost 7 months now.

Oh man I laughed. Death threats over infection maps. Good stuff.

Right, and I mean, if you can see it like the guy said Frank said you can still brag to your friends "oh I got to such and such in this playlist", I don't care if randoms know my rank or not, I just care that I know it (and get skillful matches which a numbered system helps this as shown by Reach's lack of one[arenawasgarb.gif]) and it's fun to have my buddies know it and compare with them too.

As long as there's a skillful ranking system that gives me something to work toward (not the progression system), I'll be extremely satisfied.

I'm still amazed that people don't know this. A 1-50 is a end user representation of your skill. You are still matched up with trueskill.
-Trueskill matches you for Halo 3 Ranked
-Trueskill matches you for Halo 2 Social
-Trueskill matches you for Reach Arena
-Trueskill matches you for Reach Standard

The difference is how tight the MM restrictions are on trueskill, set on the back end by the developer. You weren't matched up by 1-50 in Halo 3, you were matched up by your "pure" trueskill levels by the matchmaking system, same as H3 social, Reach, and Reach Arena.

That said, I think what Frank said they are looking at sounds like a pretty good idea. You get ranked, it's less exposed to cheating, and they shouldn't have to have a Ranked and Social MM split.

This x10000. That's why I wanted a beta. Although I understand that it just isn't feasible, so it's okay.

Public Betas for the past couple Halo games just lead to the developer nerfing the shit out of most of the weapons, so I'm honestly okay with not having one, other than the selfishness of wanting to play it of course.

Level of hate mail of my maps in matchmaking:

Uncongealed: death threats and hacking attempts
Cragmire: personal insults and "fuck spire"
Downlinked: You have a 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000 chance of getting this map. I've literally never gotten feedback on it. Ever. It's been in matchmaking for almost 7 months now.

Downlinked? Never heard of it.

Its true, there is shitty people in the world, until shitty people stop being shitty people. There is always going to be cheaters in any system. Thats just life. No reason to take something away cause some people are shitty. Just get the banhammer working correctly.
They hear you. That's why they left in the Zealot CTF spawn trap.

while 1-50 has it's flaws, i love it.

• Split Ranked and Social
  • Ranked Shows 1-50 in specific playlist
  • Social shows UNSC rank (recruit, private, etc)
  • 1-50 has seasons, resets every season.
  • Previous season's rank shows in service record as well as current
????
Profit

I'm still amazed that people don't know this. .

Oh, I knew it, I just meant it makes the trueskill narrower, didn't want to assume that's exactly if it does if i'm not 100% correct. :)

while 1-50 has it's flaws, i love it.

• Split Ranked and Social
  • Ranked Shows 1-50 in specific playlist
  • Social shows UNSC rank (recruit, private, etc)
  • 1-50 has seasons, resets every season.
  • Previous season's rank shows in service record as well as current
????
Profit

All the profit for 343

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Do you actually get death threats?

Indeed.

TSr8m.jpg

Do they ever come with reasons? or just. "Hey stinkles imma kill your bitch ass."

Probably goes something like this...

"WHY U TRY TO STEAL COD's AUDIENCE(insert death threat)"
"Y U NO HAVE EDITABLE TERRAIN (insert death threat)"
"WTF, SPRINT IS STANDARD (insert death threat)"
"KAREN's TREATMENT OF HALSEY RUINS CANON (insert death threat)"

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Do they ever come with reasons? or just. "Hey stinkles imma kill your bitch ass."

Here are some real reasons from the last ten years:

1. Any kind of change to game mechanics.
2. Content of Playlists
3. Master Chief's crotch.
4. Unintelligible random crap.
5. Racism.
6. Having Recon/Flaming helmet/Haunted
7. Having more credits
8. Winning games with weapons that aren't BR/DMR
9. Late update
10. Mister Chief*

* This one actually makes sense to me.

MaDGaMEZ

Neo Member
Infection variant of Condemned.

Basically, to get it, you have to get Condemed to show up first. Then it has to be the Downlinked variant, and they have Condemned and Uplink in the rotation.

Man I wish I could play on this so I could get that ever elusive "All Alone" achievement, just need that and "Don't touch that" to finally finish this game up. The one time I had it come up everyone voted None of the Above :(

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

2. Content of Playlists
5. Racism.
7. Having more credits
9. Late update
10. Mister Chief*

The internet has educated me to the point where I believe that this list is most likely accurate.

2. Content of Playlists
5. Racism.
7. Having more credits
9. Late update
10. Mister Chief*

That is my favorite reason.

My mom told me if the dream is worth fighting for, I should fight for it. I will fight.

Hoodies for Hypertrooper Foundation.

FyreWulff

Man I wish I could play on this so I could get that ever elusive "All Alone" achievement, just need that and "Don't touch that" to finally finish this game up. The one time I had it come up everyone voted None of the Above :(

We boosted that achievement with a full party with DLC, it took 3 games and all the voting rounds to even get Condemned as an option.

Yo Fyre and Slightly Live, can you guys hook me up with the times you can play between now and Wednesday. (Fyre, if you could let me know what timezone you are now living in, that'd be sweeet). Krow and I should be available from 6pm-2am GMT every night assuming Krow doesn't feel sickly.

Remember the armour skins and those pre-order exclusives? Fun times.

Infection variant of Condemned.

Basically, to get it, you have to get Condemed to show up first. Then it has to be the Downlinked variant, and they have Condemned and Uplink in the rotation.

Ah, DLC, of course it doesn't exist then.

Just played a game in which I achieved a gold commendation for multiplayer. I still got more game complete and random bonus points than I did for commendations. Perfect investment system Bungie, your performance in the game is of no value at all!

2. Content of Playlists
5. Racism.
7. Having more credits
9. Late update
10. Mister Chief*

Number 3 is serious business. How will he have babies?

Good write up Fyre.

It'd be really nice to have some FXs like Reach's purple so that you can have different daytimes for your map.

Shadows are an awesome addition but that won't keepallFW mapsfrom looking the same.

Edit: did they said something about weather effects in forge?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Yo Fyre and Slightly Live, can you guys hook me up with the times you can play between now and Wednesday. (Fyre, if you could let me know what timezone you are now living in, that'd be sweeet). Krow and I should be available from 6pm-2am GMT every night assuming Krow doesn't feel sickly.

Umm... Wednesday evening. 6pm onwards.

=/

FyreWulff

I'm in Pacific Time now (Vancouver BC Canada). Mid to late day probably? like around noon to 6-7pm, later if there isn't a commitment for working on my project.

You don't need my forgiveness, but if your post was irony or sarcasm you should probably explain that to the thread.

It was an inside joke that I believe maybe 4? gaffers will get (all non-juniors). I had explained that somewhat in the post after, but trust me there is no ill-will to folks.

Seriously though, these green chilis are amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom