• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

I enjoyed Gandhi as a player in H2, but his commentary is weak at best. Half the time during his broadcasts, he wasn't up-to-date on either maps, players, gametypes, strats, etc.

Don't even get me started on people who insist on saying "aimer" to describe the reticule.

His Halo Council shows were honestly more enjoyable than his MLG commentary, mostly because he wasn't censoring himself every other word.

nillapuddin

I thought there was the possibility of that spawn not being used at all. There could be locations on the map. Only 6 weapons so 2 spawns will contain nothing. I could be wrong though.

Regardless, you won't always be albe to just walk outside and get shotgun and camp your base. The maps will change.

that would be perfectly okay with me, and I meant to reflect that in my post.

I shouldnt have said "every time"

Aslong as there is an even distribution of strongside and neutral weapons locations I wouldnt mind if they were bare occasionally

Is Spartan Ops going to require XBL Gold? I'd rather not pay for more xbl, and my current sub expires in october.

Im going to go on a not so far out limb and say, Yes.

Kibbles

Gamerfuel..in USA?

prototype? description says it got scrapped

edit: dew xp? (top left)
59jZm.png

Called it. (Not that it wasn't obvious)

Akai__

OT, but abosuletly hilarious: I was browsing through YouTube lately and I found some really good troll'ers. Maybe some of you already know them, but I didn't. I will explain, what they are doing in one or two sentence/s.

1. This guy is trolling glitch-users or cheaters in CoD (and their moms). Some of his Xbox's got banned and he wants to handcuff himself on the Xbox 360 booth on PAX until they unbanned him. To those who are attending PAX, look out for him :)
2. This guy is trolling hookers and people on chatroullete. Absolutely hilarious stuff.
3. This one trolls guys, by pretending to be a girl. He is not using a voice changer, it's his voice. The reaction, of the guy/s which are getting trolled is fabulous.

---

Back to Halo: Does somebody know, if there is going to be a live stream from PAX or will it be like SDCC? I don't know, if somebody already asked this, but it would be good to know this.

AllGoodInMyHood

Neo Member
sorry that i'll go a bit off from the bounds, but just wanted to say hello to everyone. been reading you guys a lot and laughing hard from time to time - big 5 for chilled community!

going back to H4, anyone knows will it be possible to disable sprint in custom games?

ps. Forerunner Saga movie would be a real ball crusher

u4iX

HaloGAF used to be better than that too, before the MLG forums started leaking.

They seriously ruin all the fun of the game. Part of being a Spartan super-soldier is overcoming insurmountable odds, and to me that's what Halo multiplayer has always been about.

Like in Halo 2, the first Halo game with mutliplayer, you started with a gun like the SMG because it was up to you to figure out a way to defeat the stronger opponents who had guns like Battered Rifles and Rocket Launchers.

That's what being a Spartan is all about. Strong starting weapons and timed weapons just takes away from that.

I want to feel like a Spartan when I play, not a game like Quake where it's up to my skills to make sure I'm better than my opponent and not random gameplay elements.

MrBig

Yes. Definitely. Confirmed in a bulletin. I would link to it but I can't find a damn thing on that waypoint site.

That's disappointing. Was hoping to play some local co-op and solo. XBL doesn't exactly offer anything I care about beyond that requirement to justify spending any more money on it.

Might have to just buy a 1 month or something after the season ends and play them all at once :/

JackHerer

They seriously ruin all the fun of the game. Part of being a Spartan super-soldier is overcoming insurmountable odds, and to me that's what Halo multiplayer has always been about.

Like in Halo 2, the first Halo game with mutliplayer, you started with a gun like the SMG because it was up to you to figure out a way to defeat the stronger opponents who had guns like Battered Rifles and Rocket Launchers.

That's what being a Spartan is all about. Strong starting weapons and timed weapons just takes away from that.

I want to feel like a Spartan when I play, not a game like Quake where it's up to my skills to make sure I'm better than my opponent and not random gameplay elements.

Wat. LOL. ;)

I love them battered rifles they taste damn good.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Tu96t.gif

kXlrb.jpg

Beckx

Yes. Definitely. Confirmed in a bulletin. I would link to it but I can't find a damn thing on that waypoint site.

Wait, what?

Dammit. I was really looking forward to play the Ops episodes with my son in local co-op. But not spending on a Live account for him just for that. Bleh.

I know I'm a fraction of the player base but decisions like this are so gamer unfriendly. Like with Reach - he'd love to have Jun's helmet but credit earning for Silver is absolutely painful (somehow we managed to trip the "take the profile online" thing).

Wait, what?

Dammit. I was really looking forward to play the Ops episodes with my son in local co-op. But not spending on a Live account for him just for that. Bleh.

I know I'm a fraction of the player base but decisions like this are so gamer unfriendly. Like with Reach - he'd love to have Jun's helmet but credit earning for Silver is absolutely painful (somehow we managed to trip the "take the profile online" thing).

Do you have a Gold for yourself? Surely as long as you can sign in on yours, you can play local coop?

nillapuddin

Doesn't it have something to do with having to download the episodes from online?

yeah pretty much.

"Online multiplayer and Spartan Ops gameplay requires Xbox LIVE Gold Membership (sold separately). Minimum 8GB USB flash drive or Xbox 360 hard drive required for “Halo Infinity Multiplayer.” For an optimal experience, play with an Xbox 360 hard drive. (For Xbox 360 4GB, Arcade and Core consoles, Xbox 360 hard drive is sold separately)."

- press site

I do, yes. So hopefully that will work and we can at least play with him as a guest rather than his own tag.

yeah dude you should have no problem, hook him up as a guest and you should be good to go

First time I see that concept art.

I tought that ODST was like "Hug me MC" but both ODST were holding MC and later I noticed his superior is holding a gun in case of MC goes violent.
There aren't enough people in the picture to keep MC from killing that officer, he doesn't need a gun.

*adjusts fake nerd glasses*

Fuchsdh

First time I see that concept art.

I tought that ODST was like "Hug me MC" but both ODST were holding MC and later I noticed his superior is holding a gun in case of MC goes violent.

Where'd you find that?

Is it supposed to be CE/FoR art? (only thing that particularly makes sense with the wounded Spartan.)

Beckx

I don't see a wounded Spartan in that picture. The only ones I see are being restrained, not given medical attention. Is there one I may have missed?

The one with the giant chunk missing out of his head (the head that I'm guessing used to be inside the helmet Chief is holding). (The guy's body is on the left, held by other soldiers.)

Whole thing has a "it's your fault he's dead" vibe to it.

Why the hell did I laugh so hard at this?? Maybe cuz I'm flying..

Anyway, something cool I picked up after listening to this - Awakening

Halo Concept Art titled Awakening:

And another side note, I was hoping we got this caliber of drama in Reach:

They were released leading up to Reach's release I thought though.. Either way, Halo concept art then :b

I always loved those bits of art, especially the second one.. I would love to know what the context of it was, clearly MC is pissed that the other Spartan is dead and is being restrained..but what is it for?

I always loved those bits of art, especially the second one.. I would love to know what the context of it was, clearly MC is pissed that the other Spartan is dead and is being restrained..but what is it for?

That's the thing, I don't think it was ever confirmed that the Spartan in those concept arts was MC, but rather a generic Spartan they were planning Reach for. It's all a clouded memory at this point anyway..

OT but I found this funny, a friend posted it on Facebook lol
555584_10100459804909232_594414140_n.jpg

Why didn't I ever think of this? hahah

Shadders

Eh, no matter how good you happen to be at this, it still won't look or function like the DMR. The DMR is a bullpup design, meaning the magazine is behind the trigger. That Nerf gun clearly has the magazine in front of the trigger. It has a very significant effect on the appearance and function of a weapon.

I've thought about this. You can buy alternate ammo clips that are smaller or larger, the smaller one fits flush with the shaft of the gun. The hilt has a slot for you to store a spare clip, allowing it to appear as though it's loading at the back.

Top Bottom