• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Blueblur1

Great bulletin! I'm very appreciative of all the work 343 has put into the game. It may not be the exact game I wanted but its so very awesome.

Homeboyd

So, there's still some things we know exist in some form or another that we're still waiting on a reveal for:

- 2 new vehicles (unless Mantis is one) Mammoth/Mantis
- 43 more MP maps
- 2 more Forge environments (and additional pieces, color schemes, tools, etc...)
- Groups
- Ranking system (?)
- Detailed progression system breakdown
- Challenge system
- Theater
- Bungie Pro equivalent
- Custom game options
- Spartan Ops customization (beyond difficulties/skulls ?)
- All skulls
- Full medal list
- Disc 2 content (just split content already revealed)

(Additional new game modes like Dominion, revamped CTF, Assault, KOTH, Territories, etc..?)

What else?
Updated. Any others?

Love the Protein weapons trailer!

I wonder if 343 has a large map called "Aurora"? That is abit dark but lights up with Forerunner Structures, a few heavy vehicle battles, and an Aurora within the Skybox Would be awesome :)

DeadNames

Banned

I wonder if 343 has a large map called "Aurora"? That is abit dark but lights up with Forerunner Structures, a few heavy vehicle battles, and an Aurora within the Skybox Would be awesome :)

NO! Enough Forerunner maps. We need some Covy/Sand maps.

Edit: Listening to the sparkast... Teleport?

Thank God that it didn't make it into the final game.

no, covenant map! takes place on the covenant ship Night of the Aurora. re-imagining of midship. ship it!

Vahalla...... That map was a steaming pile of shit in halo 3... (at least in anything that wasn't big team battle or squad battle) Hopefully it plays a lot better in halo 4.

Unfortunately, I feel it will play the same, charge top mid, hold top mid, camp on top mid, proceed to win game.

Vahalla, aka what's map flow?
Calling it a steaming pile of shit is super extreme, but I agree, regardless. I cry at all the praise Valhalla gets. It's a serviceable BTB map, but no where on the level as many of the Halo:CE and Halo2 maps. It think it stands out to a lot of people mainly because many people didn't start playing halo until Halo3, and also because a lot of Halo3's maps weren't that great.
when you can choose to remake waterworks, but you choose to do Valhalla instead, something is wrong.
I'm tired of remakes in general, though. So it doesn't make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things.
On November 6th, the Master Chief will return after 5 years lost in space to find a dangerous new Halo universe and tons of surprises in Halo 4. Get an up-to-the-minute status report on this new beginning for Halo and the exciting plans for the competitive multiplayer of War Games and the revolutionary continued storytelling and adventure of Spartan Ops, the brand new game mode that will continue the story of Halo 4 for months after you finish Master Chief’s campaign.
Hard to be surprised by anything when most of the game has been shown already. I can't imagine how much more lackluster certain parts of Halo:CE would have been had Bungie plastered everything about the game beforehand. 343 Guilty Spark, no surprise there. We've already been shown the Flood...
nb4youcanreadthebooks

For me I give Valhalla praise because of ranked and social objective games, not BTB so much.

Valhalla had a great mix of:

1. Vehicle rushes
2. Stealth flag/bomb runs
3. Map control
4. Good/great use of regens & splaser
5. Flag baiting through man cannon
6. Great for 1 flag or 2 flag variants
7. Worked for objective and slayer
8. Was solid with vehicle play for warthogs, banshees etc
9. Vehicles were countered with splaser, missile pods, pp

Overall I think it was one of the very best objective maps for 4v4, no doubt. I'm happy its the remake we're getting.

Hard to be surprised by anything when most of the game has been shown already. I can't imagine how much more lackluster certain parts of Halo:CE would have been had Bungie plastered everything about the game beforehand. 343 Guilty Spark, no surprise there. We've already been shown the Flood...
nb4youcanreadthebooks
What does the Flood have to do with Halo 4's campaign? If you're talking about the campaign when you say "most of the game has been shown already," how do you know that?

Not to appear rude but that video should be in the Spoilers and Speculation Halo 4 Thread. Monsterfracas will go on a killing frenzy if he gets spoiled lol

Fracas

#fuckonami
Halo 4 First Campaign Mission

No idea if I should be posting this but yeah. It's offscreen footage of the first mission. Obvious spoilers.

I'm not watching it by the way.
Video's private now apparently.
Not to appear rude but that video should be in the Spoilers and Speculation Halo 4 Thread. Monsterfracas will go on a killing frenzy if he gets spoiled lol

Damn skippy!

actually, 1st level stuff doesn't bother me, pretty much everyone in this thread knows what's going down there

edit:^ that's not a spoiler btw

So the only actual new vehicle is the Mantis? Mammoth is really just an Elephant 2.0, nothing special.

Man, how fucking disappointing. I was expecting forerunner vehicles, or at least a new covie vehicle.

The Hornet, Falcon, Chopper and either the Spectre (loved it!) or the Prowler better make a comeback!

Vire

From the bulletin:
We’ve had extreme highs and extreme lows, some of which you’ve witnessed, others of which have happened behind closed doors.

Obviously the unveiling at E3 was an extreme high, but what about the lows?

Could you expound on that anyone from 343? Moments of uncertainty? Deadlines? Doubt?

Top Bottom