• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Fotos

So the only actual new vehicle is the Mantis? Mammoth is really just an Elephant 2.0, nothing special.

Man, how fucking disappointing. I was expecting forerunner vehicles, or at least a new covie vehicle.

The Hornet, Falcon, Chopper and either the Spectre (loved it!) or the Prowler better make a comeback!

Falcon is already confirmed I want the Hornet and the Spectre:)

So the only actual new vehicle is the Mantis? Mammoth is really just an Elephant 2.0, nothing special.

Man, how fucking disappointing. I was expecting forerunner vehicles, or at least a new covie vehicle.

The Hornet, Falcon, Chopper and either the Spectre (loved it!) or the Prowler better make a comeback!

dear god, your that desperate.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

fraid so. seems the prometheans can teleport in as they please - as has been mentioned several times in interviews. would be kind of silly to have vehicles too with that tech...

Fuchsdh

I just wish they'd bring back the Hornet as a more futuristic looking craft. I hated that the Falcon felt like decades old tech compared to what the UNSC was apparently using before, during and after.

Edit: Give me the Halo Wars Hawks. Definitely one of the best designs for an air vessel from the entire series.

Yea i'm really hoping that there are more vehicles. The chopper should totally come back. And I wonder if the Mammoth will be playable in multiplayer. The maps that they've shown off don't look big enough for it. Hopefully one of the remaining maps has it.

dear god, your that desperate.

I am, actually. I hated the Prowler with a passion, but any vehicle with multiple passengers than isn't a frickin' hog variant is A-OK in my book.

Yea i'm really hoping that there are more vehicles. The chopper should totally come back. And I wonder if the Mammoth will be playable in multiplayer. The maps that they've shown off don't look big enough for it. Hopefully one of the remaining maps has it.

Sandtrap Remake as DLC. Beli343.

DeadNames

Banned
From the bulletin:

Obviously the unveiling at E3 was an extreme high, but what about the lows?

Could you expound on that anyone from 343? Moments of uncertainty? Deadlines? Doubt?

I'd say the GI reveal...

Those were bad times indeed.

"Forerunner vision"

Fuchsdh

I'd say the GI reveal...

"Forerunner vision"

I've got a chart somewhere I started making of HaloGAF's reactions to stuff over time. It's a *really* zig-zagged line. I should post that sometime soon.

As much as I'd like new maps, I really hope Sandtrap finds its way into the game at some point.

If we got a desert/open expanse, you could make one in Forge easily enough. Soft kill barriers aren't as fun as turrets but they're basically as effective.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'd say the GI reveal...

"Forerunner vision"

I wouldn't be that surprised. I remember a huge backlash when the details surfaced, as I was part of it.

Several trade shows later, I've gone from "rip halo" to "well, at least campaign looks awesome" to "screw it, going to wait until I try it" to "put campaign right in my veins pls".

Vire

lol he was the creative director... well good then the game would have been worse if he stayed...

*Shrug*

Hard to say, but Josh Holmes seems to really "get" it.

The interview he had with Game Informer where he talked about what defines Halo, was pretty impressive.

DeadNames

Banned
I wouldn't be that surprised. I remember a huge backlash when the details surfaced, as I was part of it.

Several trade shows later, I've gone from "rip halo" to "well, at least campaign looks awesome" to "screw it, going to wait until I try it" to "put campaign right in my veins pls".

I've gone from "I'm out" to "Maybe I'll just play classic playlists, but campaign looks AMAZING!" to "I can see why they put in the changes..." to "Halo 4 can potentially be my new favorite Halo- from MP to Forge to Campaign".

nillapuddin

After listening to the Podcast, Im really glad they got a shift in direction, once "Chris Sandbox-Guy" got there it really seems like things started going up
(pre-Chris Halo 4 sounds pretty shitty)

GhaleonEB

Good lord, so much content. And Waypoint is actually working! Will update OP in a bit. I won't be able to soak up most of the goodies until tomorrow.

m23

So I guess the campaign walkthrough will be the first mission of the game? I'm still not sure if I want to watch it though. It's going to be 7 am over here, but I have to wake up anyway for work.

Obviously the unveiling at E3 was an extreme high, but what about the lows?
I'd have to imagine some friction with the whole idea of a progression system that provided more than simply visual customization.

And in any organization of that size filled with Halo fans, everybody's going to be purist about something, and thats before dealing with fan/forum/press reactions.

You can see some of that I think in that latest Fankie interview where when COD was brought up he didn't deck the interviewer in the face.

In my mind all of this is absolutely factual.

And Waypoint is actually working!
Megaton right there.

Fuchsdh

I've gone from "I'm out" to "Maybe I'll just play classic playlists, but campaign looks AMAZING!" to "I can see why they put in the changes..." to "Halo 4 can potentially be my new favorite Halo- from MP to Forge to Campaign".

And I've stayed at "this is cool, but why couldn't their artists leave well enough alone."

5 second shield recharge? Well, that's faster then Reach at least, if slower then 1/2/3

Nice to hear Shielding doesn't change the amount of time needed to recharge the shields

Dun worry, we put mechs on your Valhalla while you were away.
So, the new game mode involves mechs I take it?

Halo going the Battlefield 2042 route? Say yes and I know at least one person who will melt into goo with gaming bliss. He's the other half of our NULL and VOID Halo duo.

malfcn

They said it will be a while before they can officially talk about it for marketing reasons, but unofficially, the second disk as an MP install disk is probably what it is.

So is the Disc 2 all versions or just LE? They aren't doing the fans or themselves any favors by waiting.

Korosenai

Don't know if this was talked about yet or not, but I don't think we'll get any word on ranks for multiplayer (if there are any) until October 13th

"Saturday, October 13, 4:00 pm -5:00 pm

Halo 4: The Master Chief Returns and Multiplayer goes to Infinity

On November 6th, the Master Chief will return after 5 years lost in space to find a dangerous new Halo universe and tons of surprises in Halo 4. Get an up-to-the-minute status report on this new beginning for Halo and the exciting plans for the competitive multiplayer of War Games and the revolutionary continued storytelling and adventure of Spartan Ops, the brand new game mode that will continue the story of Halo 4 for months after you finish Master Chief’s campaign."

Fuchsdh

You unlock Mk 6 by completing Legendary using only AR.

I get that was a joke, but it would be a great achievement. After all Chief basically beat Halo 3 entirely using an AR, if you look at the cutscenes.*

*Why'd Bungie stop using player weapons in cutscenes, like they did in Halo 2?

JackHerer

Lots of nice information today. Promethean weapons vid was cool but I wish it was longer. The UNSC weapons video is still the best one.

Just finished the Sparkast. The lead sanbox designer was pretty interesting to listen to. Sounds like a lot of thought was put into developing the sandbox particularly in how lethal the weapons are and how the AAs were tuned. I wont know whether I approve of all/most of the design decision until I have the game and have played it for a while but it sounds promising at least as far as weapon mechanics go.

Can't wait to get a good look at what they've done with Valhalla/Ragnarok. The mech is definitely worrying. I can't really see how that will work well in MP.

It's always when I'm in the middle of work when reveals happen! And I can't view them until I get home from work.

By the way, what's this about the ground textures on Ragnarok? All I'm seeing is blur from off-screen pics.

So, I still say Ragnarok should have been a little more varied visually from Valhalla:

x3J95.jpg
Imagine that with more snow, during a sunset on a glacial lake while snowing a bit. ='(

Don't know if this was talked about yet or not, but I don't think we'll get any word on ranks for multiplayer (if there are any) until October 13th

On November 6th, the Master Chief will return after 5 years lost in space to find a dangerous new Halo universe and tons of surprises in Halo 4. Get an up-to-the-minute status report on this new beginning for Halo and the exciting plans for the competitive multiplayer of War Games and the revolutionary continued storytelling and adventure of Spartan Ops, the brand new game mode that will continue the story of Halo 4 for months after you finish Master Chief’s campaign."

Cool stuff.

So, we have a mission play through by Frankie in like six hours or so, possibly a new FUD preview Friday and Valhalla/Mountain Dew reveal October 1st in the near future... anything else? It really seems Halo 4's marketing has begun, now they need to crank out the posters, commercials, trailers and other goodies.

senador

Banned
Ragnarok:

Jeremy (Franchise Writer) said:
This weapon is no friggin’ joke. Last week, we were playing Regicide on an unannounced map, which is a large symmetrical map that fans will unquestionably dig – evergreen, plenty hilly, and Forerunnerlicious. Generally speaking, you don’t play Regicide on maps this large, but we were doing it, and it was AWESOME.

DeadNames

Banned

Oh shit.

Didn't notice that.

Everyone ready for Arena 2.0?

m23

I'm hoping for some live action ads besides the FUD series, those always seem to get me hyped. Or even something like the theatrical trailer for Halo 2.

And you might be reading too much into that War Games blurb. What is War Games if not competitive multiplayer? Could be anything, it's such a vague, all-encomposing statement.

I get that was a joke, but it would be a great achievement. After all Chief basically beat Halo 3 entirely using an AR, if you look at the cutscenes.*
*Why'd Bungie stop using player weapons in cutscenes, like they did in Halo 2?
Holy shit you're right ahaha *Except in "Cortana" when he was holding a Shotgun. ;)

Edit: The Mantis Fire Power within the campaign pics looked OP for War Games. It destroyed a phantom with a barrage of rockets...

Vire

Interesting talk about the armor abilities in the podcast.

Thank god they removed the teleport one. That would have been ridiculously over powered.

I'm still not crazy about the Health Regen one based on their description though.

Top Bottom