• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
•They initially started with the BR and DMR being 4 shot weapons, and but they were ultimately toned down along with the rest of the sandbox across the board to match the traditional pace of past games.

lol...

•ALL weapons no longer get knocked out of scope when you're shot at. Instead, your camera 'flinches' while in scope, and this depends on the weapon you are using. The stability mod just controls how bad your camera shakes while you're being shot at.

And lol...

As for Mechs, bring 'em on. They do suit Halo just fine. Someone needs to find that film clip where a spartan got gigantised in Reach on The Cage/Uncaged.

Vahalla? Why? Don't Containment, Waterworks, Relic and Terminal exist in 343s eyes?

"Flood" don't even look like Flood.

Enough with the campaign spoilers 343. Amazing moments are just as spoiler as Story moments. Could never unsee Scarab fights in Halo 3 :(

lol...

And lol...

As for Mechs, bring 'em on. They do suit Halo just fine. Someone needs to find that film clip where a spartan got gigantised in Reach on The Cage/Uncaged.

Vahalla? Why? Don't Containment, Waterworks, Relic and Terminal exist in 343s eyes?

"Flood" don't even look like Flood.

Enough with the campaign spoilers 343. Amazing moments are just as spoiler as Story moments. Could never unsee Scarab fights in Halo 3 :(

calm down Junior. Its gonna be ok.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Turning 22 on november 25th.

Funny to think i joined bnet two days after turning 14, two days after getting Halo 2 for my birthday....

Good times.

nillapuddin

lol I'm just wondering

i hope i dont sound too creepy :(

not a creepster thing, its just that age discrimination on the younger age of the spectrum can go south quickly, besides, the ancients get enough of it on the top end ;)

im very interested in the ages though, I bet the median is 24

DeadNames

Banned
lol caring about membership titles.

Why don't we go post on bnet so I can laugh at you with my Mythic?

Those is fightin' words!

not a creepster thing, its just that age discrimination on the younger age of the spectrum can go south quickly, besides, the ancients get enough of it on the top end ;)

im very interested in the ages though, I bet the median is 24

I'm sure I'd be the one receiving the discrimination :p

PNut

Banned
So much new info today! Biggest news of the day for me is that halo.xbox.com is working like a normal website (Holy shit!) and Valhalla is the remake.

Edit- I didn't see any word on Arena v2 in bulletin. There's still plenty of time left I guess?

Great news today. I'll second whoever said "343 spoiled us today". So much good info. That Zunecast was top shelf, but can we maybe get a Kickstarter going for an Ellis laptop that works?

Pop

Didn't Talents say he was 16 earlier, if I recall right. Well it isn't me seeing as I just turned 24 this year.

Speaking of ranks, I believe it could work great if it was something like Starcraft 2.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just watched the Promethean Weaponry trailer direct feed version. Headphones turned up. Fucking unreal. Oh god I can't wait to play this fuckin game. That trailer is so well done. Glad they went back to Nemesis, song is amazing.

senador

Banned
I did the age thing once here and got the average. I'll have to dig it up. It was before most of you newer people were here though, you children would probably pull it way down. :p

Edit: Average age was 24 out of 55 people. I don't know the timeframe but it was pre-Franklin brothers.

Omni

So much bitching about Halo 4 on Bungie,net... (Including comments about how improved lighting in Forge ruins it............................)

DeadNames

Banned
Didn't Talents say he was 16 earlier, if I recall right. Well it isn't me seeing as I just turned 24 this year.

Speaking of ranks, I believe it could work great if it was something like Starcraft 2.

I wanna say NFP7 (or however you spell his name lol) said he's in tenth grade...

Let's just say I'm among the lower tier of gaf :p

Tashi

I remember when Dax was the baby of the group. Ah, memories.

I think that was Skee's remix of Revival.

I asked Jess but it did sound like there were 2 songs. It changes during the Bolt Shot charge up. The 2nd half is Nemesis, like in the UNSC Weaponry video.

Tawpgun

Thought I was among the youngest (20 in December) but apparently GAF lets 13 year olds in nowadays. Could have sworn it was 18+ when I registered.

SlimeyHands

Neo Member

This isn't said nearly enough, Starcraft 2's system in my eyes is something divine.

Tashi

You're right. The first half is definitely Revival though.

Is that the one? I'm not too keen on anything other than Nemesis. Revival remix sounded badass though.

When I start up my weekly montages again for Halo 4, every week's song is going to be Nemesis lol

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
So much bitching about Halo 4 on Bungie,net... (Including comments about how improved lighting in Forge ruins it............................)

I'm dying. I keep saying 'no no, don't quote that. Leave it alone'
then something completely mindfuck is posted and i'm like

276253_papel-de-parede-meme-jackie-chan_1280x1024-150x150.jpg

Homeboyd

Thought I was among the youngest (20 in December) but apparently GAF lets 13 year olds in nowadays. Could have sworn it was 18+ when I registered.
Depends when you started playing Halo.

:) Kidding... I can't imagine the stupid shit I would've been posting at that age if I was on here. Hell I still post like an asshat a lot of the time. Good on the youngins not showing their age.

Fotos

Awesome man, congrats. :)

Just be sure not to combine his/her Christmas presents with their Birthday presents lol. My parents thought it was clever until I got smart enough to know it was all just a cheap trick!

Good thing I was born on December 14th. I was supposed to be born on Christmas day. Its just the perfect amount of days to get two sets of gifts

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Wait until you get to college. You will get neither Christmas nor birthday presents.

Being in college is all the gift you need.

I'm 32 (in December) and finishing college up right now. It's a shame I didn't experience this when I was younger.

Camping on top of Auto Turret will be fun.

I'm gonna use the sentry AA on dominion while camping with a sniper rifle right next to a base turret.

Who's with me?

Fuchsdh

yeah, it doesnt sound that gravemindy

but itd be cool if there was a floody voice for zombie callouts

Indubitably.

I really like the Forerunner sounds a lot more than the Covenant ones. Partly it's because the Covenant weapons don't sound much like their forebears, and partly because the Forerunner ones really do feel much less like treated real guns and more like something invented from nothing. Boltshot sounds slightly too wet, though, and repeaters just dont sound forerunnery at all. Wish there were more beam effects and sounds to go with previous Halos, and to further differentiate them.

EDIT: That pic of the rifle reminds me of my single biggest issue with the revamped Forerunner look. The less shiny, more matte finish to the metals starts feeling a bit too much like human default gunmetal grey. Most of the human weapons don't look that way, ironically, but the Forerunners using a "generic" finish that we have today feels off.

</bitchfest over>

Top Bottom