• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
What are you smoking today?

You needlessly and childishly brought up Slightly Live. That is what I am saying. PM a mod if his spoilers bother you. You said I should just flag the Youtube visoes right? So pm a mod here about spoilers. By your logic, shouldn't Frankie be out there getting people banned for linking to spoilers?

I'm purely calling people like you out for needlessly dragging up other issues. In this case, you clearly have some grudge for reading spoilers that Slightly Live didn't cover up.
This was never about Slightly, though I must say this: "Yet someone else pops in and reposts the entire thing. Have to say, publicly pirating material right under the franchise director's nose is pretty fucking bold, even for Neogaf." Is overselling the issue.

Next, I never said you should flag the videos, I said Frankie or anyone at 343/MS should if they want it gone.

The only reason I brought that up(comments towards Slightly) was because I wanted to engage myself in the conversation. Could I/should I have been more tactful? Yes and for that I apologize, but it just seemed so opportune. Anyway, I'll move on.

Off-topic:

I'm totally buying these two camo marshmallow shooters. :) Totally awesome for $15. This should be in H5 for customs.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/g1gd-marshmallow-shooters-eugene-or?c=dnb&p=1

cloned_image9867-0_grid_6.jpg

For LEOSTCopyrightGate2012: I think 343 should chat with Davidge if they have any issue with him uploading all the tracks. Ripping sounds isn't just limited to youtube by any means. How do you think Tridyrium got all those anyway?

Who wants to come for a ride on my magical unicorn*?

Oh and Poland.. you're welcome :]

And as for the stats discussion.. Stats are misleading ;]

*Warthog

Thanks, I guess.
And I'd be up for more Halo if it were any day but Saturday. Today is meant for college football. I can only afford to post on commercial breaks o_O

Also, stats aren't necessarily misleading. Win/loss is, because of how many times you get teamed with crappy BKs that lose the game for you. If you want a determinant of individual skill, look at individual stats, k/d and BPR.

So im heading to Eurogamer tomorrow and apparently its very much sit the hell down, get on with the game and get the hell out.

To the point where they dont even let you make load-outs pre match.

So I had a look online and think I will go with these:

Loadout 1:
Primary: BR
Secondary: DMR
Grenade: Frag
Tactical Package: Firepower (2 primary weapons)
Support Upgrade: Dexterity
Armour Ability: Thrust

Loadout 2:
Primary: Lightrifle
Secondary: Boltshot
Grenade: Pulse Grenade
Tactical Package: Requisition (Re-roll ordnance)
Support Upgrade: Drop Recon. (See what ordnance is coming in advance.)
Armour Ability: Promethean Vision.

Loadout 3:
Primary: Carbine
Secondary: Plasma Pistol
Grenade: Plasma
Tactical Package: Resupply (Grenades)
Support Upgrade: Awareness (Radar in scope.)
Armour Ability: Auto Sentry

Loadout 4:
Primary: Whatever I like the most.
Secondary: Pistol
Grenade: Whatever I like the most.
Tactical Package: Whatever I like the most.
Support Upgrade: Ordnance priority (ordance choice) or sensor (increased radar range)
Armour Ability: Hardlight shield

Seems to be a nice cross section through the sandbox - am I missing anything good?

Knowing me as soon as I get there I will forget what I planned to use and just use anything - but im intenting to try each of these one game each.

heckfu

Banned
Loadout 1:
Primary: BR
Secondary: DMR
Grenade: Frag
Tactical Package: Firepower (2 primary weapons)
Support Upgrade: Dexterity
Armour Ability: Thrust

That is exactly what I rolled with every game on Exile except frag was plasma since it's more anti-vehicle effective.

Talents

Banned
So im heading to Eurogamer tomorrow and apparently its very much sit the hell down, get on with the game and get the hell out.

To the point where they dont even let you make load-outs pre match.

So I had a look online and think I will go with these:

Seems to be a nice cross section through the sandbox - am I missing anything good?

Knowing me as soon as I get there I will forget what I planned to use and just use anything - but im intenting to try each of these one game each.

Is there a guide/manual or something online that says what each Support package does? Can't find any...

JUST VOTE THEN

HALO.BUNGIE.ORG - JUST MATCH THE LETTERS

(Brings up a good question, though; this is open to any country, but I'm guessing we're talking NTSC Xboxes. What happens in PAL countries?)
They explode.

(No. If the winner is instead an European, he has to buy an adapter for the Xbox 360 to link it with his local electricity network and he can only play Region Free PAL games or has to import them from the US.)

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Is there ANY way to get the FOTUS armor outside of the console? I mean, I love the console and all, but I'm completely content with my Reach console so the FOTUS armor would be the primary reason I'd want the Halo 4 console so spending $400 for in-game armor isn't the best route to go. :p

Talents

Banned
Is there ANY way to get the FOTUS armor outside of the console? I mean, I love the console and all, but I'm completely content with my Reach console so the FOTUS armor would be the primary reason I'd want the Halo 4 console so spending $400 for in-game armor isn't the best route to go. :p

Aren't you able to buy the code off ebay or something when the game comes out?

m23

Wow.
Getting shit on by Gaffers last night in customs had its benefits.
I just went +18 and +19 in consecutive games.
I don't think I've ever done that before. Ever.

Your welcome, you went from -13 to +19, congrats.
Don't mention my -11 please.

I always keep a few spare rockets in my invisible back pocket for when people least expect it, just in case. :lol

"Where the fuck is he getting Rockets from? I thought weapons didn't spawn on this map?"

"Oh hey, purple rocket guy out of nowhere"

"What the fuck, he's got rockets again?!"

They spawn bottom mid, noobs

I see.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

I really wanted to get it as well, but my console is new enough already and I don't think they're be another way to get it aside from buying off someone, Microsoft has been good with this kind of thing unfortunately.

buy halo wars with that dolla boi

Big Ang approves of this message.

..and your avatar

See if you know anyone buying it so you can do the two-for-one sharing trick :]

Do we know how the custom loadouts are going to work when you first play the game?

Pop

Halo 4 Free

Read about it, sign up to win, pick HBO as your referral and I might have a second LE console to give away. :)

I like this. Done.

Just to briefly mention killcams, I see no problem with them. It's a good addition, all you get to see is how you got killed. Death screens show where your opponent is heading, how is this worse.

DesertFox

Yeah it would be really sweet to get another console. I'm figuring in my new place I'll need one in the living room and the bedroom.

Does anyone else have it set up like this and if so, it is a hassle?

Where the hell have you been lately?

When I go from downstairs 360 to upstairs 360, i just take the harddrive off the downstairs one and connect it to the upstairs one. Boots up like its the exact same console.

Could probably be done more seamlessly with cloud storage.

Sai-kun

Banned
Yeah it would be really sweet to get another console. I'm figuring in my new place I'll need one in the living room and the bedroom.

Does anyone else have it set up like this and if so, it is a hassle?

Where the hell have you been lately?

Only if pulling out the hard drive is a hassle to you. I have my 360 in my room and my roommate's 360 in the living room and we just swap hard drives and have separate sets of controllers. It works fine :)

nillapuddin

As an infamously pegged Camo Sniper, I approve of Kill Cams

Especially to balance camo sniping, but for snipers everywhere, I have a power weapon, so what if they know where I am, I have the upper hand, shame on me if I cant snipe a buncha players running at me

p.s.
I still think jetpacking out of the level is WAY worse than using av-cam inside the playing field

Pop

As an infamously pegged Camo Sniper, I approve of Kill Cams

Especially to balance camo sniping, but for snipers everywhere, I have a power weapon, so what if they know where I am, I have the upper hand, shame on me if I cant snipe a buncha players running at me

p.s.
I still think jetpacking out of the level is WAY worse than using av-cam inside the playing field

I would say the only negative thing about killcams is sniper placement. Other then that it's a great feature. You get to watch yourself get killed by the AR rusher, so what.

If this is the case then maybe I can use personal ordnances to bait people into assassinations. Just another tool in my toolbox towards humiliation. I love the concept of assassinations. Official and earned T-Bagging. Now complete with killcams and final killcams. ;) No matter how good the other team is doing, they still feel like an idiot when they know I'm around them and I still pull off the assassination. So satisfying... :)

Those are some damn solid points. The "feel" of the cadence is definitely a hard thing to measure with hard facts, but I get what you're saying. "Chain" teamshotting, or a person going from being shot by one person to being shot by another person around the corner, is definitely something I didn't consider. I definitely agree that 4sk definitely benefits that better than 5sk does. And shield/health awareness is definitely important too as 5sk means just another interval to muck up a reading and be less accurate. Labeling a player as 1sk or 2sk is definitely preferred over labeling someone as 1sk, 2sk, OR 3sk as well as keeping track of it and accurately labeling is better under the 4sk.

And only briefly bringing back in the math; under a 4sk between 1 person involved and 3 people involved you get a total of 2.5 seconds shaved off your kill time, while under 5sk you would have 3 seconds saved off your kill with 3 people. So while you don't get as much shaved from 2 people in 5sk you still get more time shaved when you add that 3rd person. And you still get a reward for adding that second player it is just .5 seconds less of a reward (from 3 secs in 5sk to 2.5 secs in 4sk).

And I'm definitely curious as to what their particular reasoning is behind taking the 5sk route. Not for argument, but FOR SCIENCE/theorycrafting. :)

Seeing the official reasoning would be great, I feel as though we got REALLY close in the Podcast but the discussion seemed to fragment away.

Is there a guide/manual or something online that says what each Support package does? Can't find any...

I used this from Shadders site:

http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/09/halo-4-loadouts-detailed-weapons-armour.html#more

I would say the only negative thing about killcams is sniper placement. Other then that it's a great feature. You get to watch yourself get killed by the AR rusher, so what.

The problem is that now you can't rotate the camera when you're dead and tell your teammates what's going on.

Getting on Reach if anyone wants to play.

nillapuddin

You have a power weapon and (likely) a good position

also.. if the kill cam is first person, that doesnt necessarily give away your position exactly

edit: think of being in 10x zoom, it would be difficult to extrapolate the location

Beckx

Any opinions on the new hard tension analog stick for the MLG pro circuit controller? Looking to be a bit less all over the place when aiming without sacrificing turning speed.

Also: if anyone's in the market for a controller, Amazon is selling a used - like new Pro Circuit controller for $70 (1 left) and the standard MS wireless controller for $37.

Pop

The problem is that now you can't rotate the camera when you're dead and tell your teammates what's going on.

Getting on Reach if anyone wants to play.

Killcams just might be in Infinity playlists only.

Can't see where your opponent is going, time to use better communication.

Top Bottom