• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Bsigg12

Solid map design with Abandon.

So now we have map reveals every Tuesday and Thursday, a bulletin each Wednesday (typically) and finally Forward Unto Dawn on Fridays.

The next 5 weeks are going to be brutal waiting for the game.

They have not announced many. There are fewer game types to have to build in, so it sounds like we might get playlist devoted to them (Regicide for FFA, Flood, CTF, etc.) rather than mixed bags. And going that route when you have 6-7 game types won't get too messy, even with few that cover different team sizes.

We'll see. I'm guessing not too many more than a dozen.

Free For All
Team Slayer
Big Team Battle
Multi-Team
Double Team
Team Snipers
SWAT
CTF
Oddball
Flood
Grifball (I think Frankie said no, but if Flood is in, im thinking grifball is in too)

Then competitive playlists, with ranks.

IDK, I think keeping Flood (as well as other action sack like gametypes) as Double XP weekends would have been better, gives people something social to play on the weekends, and an incentive to play (i dont like super jackpots)

On a semi-unrelated note, I hope we get a city themed map like terminal or turf. Would be cool. I do like Abandoned though, all of the maps look pretty good so far

senador

Banned
Im betting on something like this:

Infinity Slayer
Infinity BTB
Infinity FFA/Regicide
Capture the Flag
Dominion
Oddball

Classic Slayer
Classic BTB

Flood

Thar sounds pretty great. I'd actually prefer CTF and Oddball be bundled together though so I don't have to keep switching playlists. What about stuff like SWAT and Team Snipers?

With robster craws, yes.

There's no force in the universe that can keep me from doing it. Hate it.

Oh shit, is it a mass genocide of your people?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Free For All
Team Slayer
Big Team Battle
Multi-Team
Double Team
Team Snipers
SWAT
CTF
Oddball
Flood
Grifball (I think Frankie said no, but if Flood is in, im thinking grifball is in too)

IDK, I think keeping Flood (as well as other action sack like gametypes) as Double XP weekends would have been better, gives people something social to play on the weekends, and an incentive to play (i dont like super jackpots)

On a semi-unrelated note, I hope we get a city themed map like terminal or turf. Would be cool. I do like Abandoned though, all of the maps look pretty good so far

I don't think Multi-Team, Double Team, and Snipers will be playlists right off the bat.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Gonna wait and see what's the deal with the new map. Love the look of it. Looks kinda large for a 4v4 but we'll see. It seems like there just a ton of cool jumps and ledges to discover which I really like to see.

GhaleonEB

Free For All
Team Slayer
Big Team Battle
Multi-Team
Double Team
Team Snipers
SWAT
CTF
Oddball
Flood

On a semi-unrelated note, I hope we get a city themed map like terminal or turf. Would be cool
Flood is going to be way, way too popular to make a weekend playlist. I'd expect one playlist devoted to each major mode, with community or niche game types like Grifball on rotation. Double team, SWAT, Snipers...probably not all at launch, or as fixed playlists.

I wonder if the new FFA playlist will just be Regicide; it would make sense since it's basically their new take on FFA in Halo, ala the CTF refresh.

I still see ~ a dozen playlists at launch, perhaps a touch more. They're not going to spread things too thin.

senador

Banned
Flood is going to be way, way too popular to make a weekend playlist. I'd expect one playlist devoted to each major mode, with community or niche game types like Grifball on rotation. Double team, SWAT, Snipers...probably not all at launch, or as fixed playlists.

I wonder if the new FFA playlist will just be Regicide; it would make sense since it's basically their new take on FFA in Halo, ala the CTF refresh.

I still see ~ a dozen playlists at launch, perhaps a touch more. They're not going to spread things too thin.

Really? Don't think there will be a Infinity FFA?

Um... why?
The changes to Griffball alone are hint enough that Assault is not in. KOTH seems unlikely at this point, mainly because 343 has a brand new objective gametype with Dominion and a fresh coat of paint on CTF. This would seem enough to satisfy the relatively small core of people who played Team Objective in Reach, but only time will tell for sure.

Really? Don't think there will be a Infinity FFA?
Regicide IS Infinity FFA for all intents and purposes.

Thar sounds pretty great. I'd actually prefer CTF and Oddball be bundled together though so I don't have to keep switching playlists. What about stuff like SWAT and Team Snipers?

Oh yeah, swat and snipers...Hm..

I'm pretty much positive Assault and King of the Hill are gone now.

:(

There is no way a mode like assault didn't make the cut, I honestly just can't see that happening. It may be different now where everyone just has to hold x in the enemy base to plant charges or something. I still want a Dominion mode where you have to plant charges in the enemy base which reverts it back to unfortified.

Anyways, maybe it will be this:

-Infinity
Infinity Slayer
Infinity BTB
Infinity FFA/Regicide/KOTH
Capture the Flag
Dominion
Oddball
Assault/Bomb replacement

-Classic/Barebones
Classic Slayer
Classic BTB

-Specialized/Community
Flood
Team Rifles (Swat and Snipers)

Talents

Banned
Oh yeah, swat and snipers...Hm..

There is no way a mode like assault didn't make the cut, I honestly just can't see that happening. It may be different now where everyone just has to hold x in the enemy base to plant charges or something. I still want a Dominion mode where you have to plant charges in the enemy base which reverts it back to unfortified.

Anyways, maybe it will be this:

Infinity Slayer
Infinity BTB
Infinity FFA/Regicide/KOTH
Capture the Flag
Dominion
Oddball
Assault/Bomb replacement

Classic Slayer
Classic BTB

Flood
Team Rifles (Swat and Snipers)

No Classic FFA? :(
If there are no ranks, then I'd like to see a 1v1 playlist.

MrBig

The changes to Griffball alone are hint enough that Assault is not in. KOTH seems unlikely at this point, mainly because 343 has a brand new objective gametype with Dominion and a fresh coat of paint on CTF. This would seem enough to satisfy the relatively small core of people who played Team Objective in Reach, but only time will tell for sure.

The game has the assets these modes would need, if it's not in and the community yells at 343 enough they can be made in megalo just like all the other launch gametypes are.

Striker

So be it. I'd prefer they focused on a narrower range of gametypes for a better-designed set of maps that suit those gametypes.

I'd also prefer they didn't make CTF awful, but what are you gonna do.
There's not even a lot of gametypes to narrow down - for basic games it's CTF and Oddball for teams. And quite frankly, Oddball isn't a gametype that's really well balanced for most maps. It's best set on small, tight maps - think Warlock or Midship. Instead it's going to be spread around in maps larger than desired. Assault, Plots, and King would be fine if they did proper changes (waypoints on a bomb carrier would basically kill the gametype, might as well make it instant arm to nuke it to space).

Paradicia

Where will the mammoth fit into multiplayer? Or is it spartan ops only?I was hoping for a sandtrap-esque map with it included. Would be awesome!

gs_h4mammoth.png

Fracas

#fuckonami
If only someone from 343 was here and could comment on this :D

=(
Lol you know as well as I do that Frank/David/Kiki aren't going to comment on that.
Please take the bait.
Um... why?
With all these gametypes, you think they'd have mentioned "oh hey, king of the hill and assault are here too". I also don't think they're in, as most of the gametypes mentioned have their own playlist. We've been told many times that there aren't going to be a plethora of playlists like in Reach; throw in an Assault and KOTH playlist to the ones already confirmed, and there'd be way too many.

I really hope there's a snipers playlist on release - you can't bucket it with swat as those 2 modes are so different.

I hope the new ordnance drop system doesn't make the sniper too rare in matchmaking

Infinity:
Free-for-All (Slayer, Regicide)
Team Slayer
Capture the Flag
Oddball
Dominion

Classic:
Free-for-All
Team Slayer
Team SWAT
Big Team Battle

Community:
Flood
Grifball

feel

Yes! Someone else freaks out and clenches to zoom when shotgunning people. :D
That happens to me a lot too. Also happens to me while meleeing, jumping, shooting the BR in CQC, while strolling around enjoying the scenery, getting into a vehicle....

If only someone from 343 was here and could comment on this :D

=(
I'd settle for as little as a Theater mode 1.0 (aka Halo 3's) confirmation.

Maybe they wanted to reduce the number of modes so they could go the COD route and have each mode be its own playlist. That wouldnt bode well for 1 flag if thats the case. Its hard to justify not having KOTH.

Yeah, screw the argument over CoD or whatever, the Fishsticks control scheme is my last hope to stop spazscoping.
That's the one with zoom on the trigger, right? May have to try that, got used to it playing Crysis.

The game has the assets these modes would need, if it's not in and the community yells at 343 enough they can be made in megalo just like all the other launch gametypes are.
True enough. I'm pretty excited to see what kinds of dials and knobs are on the gametype settings for us.

Aggrotek

Lol you know as well as I do that Frank/David/Kiki aren't going to comment on that.
Please take the bait.

With all these gametypes, you think they'd have mentioned "oh hey, king of the hill and assault are here too". I also don't think they're in, as most of the gametypes mentioned have their own playlist. We've been told many times that there aren't going to be a plethora of playlists like in Reach; throw in an Assault and KOTH playlist to the ones already confirmed, and there'd be way too many.

I'm assuming there is going to be an objective playlist. There is no way they cut 2 of the quintessential halo gametypes.

Top Bottom