• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

EazyB

Banned
Edit: I think both Omlet and Voltron live in Cali. I approve of both of these gentlemen providing me with impressions of the latest build. I'd consider making the trip if I wasn't going to be just starting my research position then
and I didn't piss off the majority of Bungie. haha

ManCannon said:
Damn.. I just grabbed a Jackal by the hair/spines on the back of it's head, yanked it back and drove a knife through it's throat...

Screenshots are fun.

That is all.
I'll buy 10 copies of Reach if the skirmishers make this noise when I assassinate them with the IWHDYD skull enabled. If you need someone to do the VO work for it I can hop on a bus a be there in 30.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
ManCannon said:
Hey do any HaloGaf regulars live in the Los Angeles area? If so, PM me. Note that you may or may not get a response, don't sweat it and please don't harass me. :D

I could probably make it down. PM sent.

Alienshogun said:
Question, I realize I'm new here so I'm prepared for a bashing.

I noticed there is a groups list in my profile information. Is there a Halo group I could join? I play with some guys from IGN including Stephen087 and Joey (don't know if any of you know them) but I would also like to get some games in with a few of you gents.

I haven't played much and am pretty much garbage right now, but I intend to fix that before reach.

Thanks.

Let the noob bashing commence.
awesomeness, I used to play with Joey a ton during the h2 days. He's still on my friends list, but I never see him online since I moved out east. Best custom games evar.

ManCannon said:
Damn.. I just grabbed a Jackal by the hair/spines on the back of it's head, yanked it back and drove a knife through it's throat...

Screenshots are fun.

That is all.
Curse you!
ManCannon said:
Hey do any HaloGaf regulars live in the Los Angeles area? If so, PM me. Note that you may or may not get a response, don't sweat it and please don't harass me. :D
Why can't you come to North Carolina?
GhaleonEB said:
I enjoy fighting the Flood in all three games, though in particular in Halo 1 and 2 as they facilitate some wicked three way battles.
I love the Flood in three-way battles. It's why I love Two Betrayals so much. The ending battle is so good.
EazyB said:
I think they've fully admitted that they knew Cortana was a bad level. Can't remember everything they said that went down beforehand making the level so poor but there were reasons.

I don't know why but Bungie's campaigns always have a drop in quality somewhere near the end. IMO you can stop playing each game's campaign after the following levels:
Halo CE - AotCR
Halo 2 - At the main menu
Halo 3 - Covenant
ODST - NMPD HQ

I hope Reach breaks the trend. As far as flood, I wanna see them back in Reach. I thought they were really improved in Halo 3 (as they were headshottable) and mindless hordes can be fun if done right - see L4D and Serious Sam. Doing quick runs of Floodgate are a blast.
Wrong. Really, really wrong. 343 Guilty Spark is an amazing level, and so is Two Betrayals. The Maw is worth it for the opening cutscene alone.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
electricpirate said:
awesomeness, I used to play with Joey a ton during the h2 days. He's still on my friends list, but I never see him online since I moved out east. Best custom games evar.

Care if I shoot you a friend request? I'm in the midwest.

Joey has been on the last few days pretty regularly.

Alienshogun said:
Care if I shoot you a friend request? I'm in the midwest.

Joey has been on the last few days pretty regularly.
Yea absolutely, I wont be online much in the next couple months, but I plan to be much more regular once reacch hits.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
electricpirate said:
Yea absolutely, I wont be online much in the next couple months, but I plan to be much more regular once reacch hits.

Understandable, I've been playing games I missed out on and I'll be out of town for a week or more soon so yeah.

zumphry

Banned
bobs99 ... said:
Also Zayne, im the underdog! (or am I :p) To be fair he claims he was excellent at Halo 2, so if hes the semi pro he claims to be im going to be ridiculed. I know its not true though. but your right, im being a coward with the bets, to be fair I bet on something small and it just escalated.

I AM NOT ZEOUTERLIMITS AND I'M SURE HE WOULDN'T WANT TO BE ME EITHER.

I hope you lose now. Jerk.

:p

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Self Induced said:
I think Nutter is in the market for one.

He can have it. Slightly used of course. Not suitable for under 18's and will occasionally glow in the dark under the right conditions. Will exchange for a return plane ticket, taxi fares and hotel costs to California from Ireland with E3 and Microsoft conference access.

Bargain.

bobs99 ... said:
So HaloGaf, ive been challenged to a Halo match...

Reading this reminds me of a classic story from the good ole days...In high school a bunch of kids from one clique a class below us challenges myself and a couple of my friends in Halo 2. So that day after school, we all got on Live, only one of my friends got online. So it was me and my buddy against four or five underclassmen on Turf. We destroyed them like 50-12 or some ridiculous number like that in the first game and several of them left after the first game without saying a word.

So the next day in school I'm walking down the hall and I walk by the group of kids who we played and overheard one of them saying "Man, ToyMachine (Substituted for my real name) is garbage without the sniper!":lol Was pretty funny. I'm 23 now. Those were the days.

JohnIIVII

Dax01 said:
Curse you!
Why can't you come to North Carolina?
...or Virginia? :(

Also, with the confirmation of lower class Covenant Assassinations, I expect to be able to snap grunt necks ala The Babysitter. :D I will also accept pulling off their facemasks and watching them suffocate.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
EazyB said:
Edit: I think both Omlet and Voltron live in Cali. I approve of both of these gentlemen providing me with impressions of the latest build. I'd consider making the trip if I wasn't going to be just starting my research position then
and I didn't piss off the majority of Bungie. haha

I'll buy 10 copies of Reach if the skirmishers make this noise when I assassinate them with the IWHDYD skull enabled. If you need someone to do the VO work for it I can hop on a bus a be there in 30.

I think Omlet lives pretty close to LA.

Or in San Francisco, I forget :p

30 mins from LA wink wink

EazyB

Banned
LAUGHTREY said:
I think Omlet lives pretty close to LA.
I talked to Omlet and he said the only thing that would motivate him to make the 30 minute drive would be to hang out with Cliffy B and getting the chance to chainsaw more people in Gears 3.

Kibbles

Ssparks said:
I don't think so, maybe is crazytown where Dani lives but I'm pretty sure they will be covering the MS keynote, fo sho.
Nah. Apparently Spike TV has Microsoft exclusively for TV.

Voltron64

ManCannon said:
Wait, wat?? PM sent.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Kibbles said:
Nah. Apparently Spike TV has Microsoft exclusively for TV.

Oh ok. I don't care where it is, as long as I can watch it on my TV. Lets just hope there aren't any commercials during the Reach live demo :lol

edit: Also in OT news. My sister has been in the hospital for the past week with some pregnancy issues. My niece Emma was born tonight by C-Section. 10 weeks pre-mature but both her and her mother are just fine. Thank god.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
EazyB said:
I talked to Omlet and he said the only thing that would motivate him to make the 30 minute drive would be to hang out with Cliffy B and getting the chance to chainsaw more people in Gears 3.

:D

If E3 was pushed back by two weeks I would definitely make the 6hr drive down to LA for some Halo: Reach goodness
and Gears of War 3 <3.

EazyB

Banned
Good to hear Tash. Once the little guy is out in the wild you should put some sticks in his hand and start his Halo training.

Domino Theory said:
:D

If E3 was pushed back by two weeks I would definitely make the 6hr drive down to LA for some Halo: Reach goodness
and Gears of War 3 <3.
You're letting two weeks stand in your way between E3 Reach goodness? Some Halo fan you are.

feel

Congrats Tashi, even if it's the first time I see you mentioning this, it's good to hear that everything turned out ok.

Tashi0106 said:
edit: Also in OT news. My sister has been in the hospital for the past week with some pregnancy issues. My niece Emma was born tonight by C-Section. 10 weeks pre-mature but both her and her mother are just fine. Thank god.
Great to hear!
Uncle Tashi? Congrats to your family and especially your sister.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Thanks guys. And yea, my other neice, her big sister, is about 2 and half. I figure she'll be an MLG Pro in about another year. :lol

Blueblur1

Congratulations, Tashi. I'm glad that everything turned out okay. My 4 year old niece is just starting to play 2D sidescrollers herself. :)

Magni

Nice Tashi =)

I'll be there when you guys do an event in France Brian, but I can't justify the Paris-Los Angeles flight during my finals..

Gui_PT

MagniHarvald said:
Nice Tashi =)

I'll be there when you guys do an event in France Brian, but I can't justify the Paris-Los Angeles flight during my finals..

They're coming to Portugal next. It's confirmed. Sorry =\

Awesome news Tashi.

My 11 year old nephew doesn't play Halo :( He plays COD and BC2... on a pc!

So did Brian just want a place to stay for the duration of E3? :p

It's cool to see Brian maybe possibly doing something at E3, I remember at the 2001 E3, Bungie got a bunch of terrible pizza, a hotel banquet room and set up one of the first Halo lans outside of bungie, on blood gulch of course, just for the fans.

It's hard to imagine them doing anything remotely similar anymore, since the event would immediately be bum rushed by media, and the legion of fans would be far, far too large.

Dani said:
He can have it. Slightly used of course. Not suitable for under 18's and will occasionally glow in the dark under the right conditions. Will exchange for a return plane ticket, taxi fares and hotel costs to California from Ireland with E3 and Microsoft conference access.

Bargain.
I lol'd

Top Bottom