• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

MrDaravon

Diablohead said:
I was very restless last night while trying to sleep, my thoughts were on reach and it was annoying not being able to fall asleep when tired :lol

I keep having similiar problems where I dream about Halo Reach, but it mixes with whatever I was doing/playing that day. A few days ago I finished up Perfect Dark and played some MW2 with my friends. So I dreamed I was playing Halo, but I was trying to use the Farsight to kill people and it wasn't working, and then someone on the other team dropped a turret at the start of the match which was total BULLSHIT because the game just started he can't have 5 kills yet! :lol

ACE 1991 said:
So is there any sort of solid information on the time of release for the beta?

Nothing beyond early to mid-morning. I expect it to be largely broken for at least a few hours like the Halo 3 Beta was though.

Kholdstare

There is something super satisfying about seeing the bubble pop right before someone dies in those Vidocs. It just looks right.

What the hell is Armor Lock anyways? Guy crouches, turns invincible, and everything around him blows up? Why not have an ability where you drop grenades after you die while you are at it?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Son of Godzilla said:
What the hell is Armor Lock anyways? Guy crouches, turns invincible, and everything around him blows up? Why not have an ability where you drop grenades after you die while you are at it?

Everything around the person using Armour Lock blowing up is or is not co-incidentally related to the EMP burst the Armour Lock gives out. =)

kylej

Banned
Popeck said:
So I've been playing Team Doubles with my firend on Halo 3. My god, it is full of boosters. We always got mathed with a team of brigadier and corporal/sergeant with about 50 games and all of them on Team Doubles.

Go into Doubles by yourself. As long as you get good maps it's easy as hell. I tried playing Dubs for the first time in years a few weeks ago and hit 49 last week. It sucks when you get Oddball/King ARs and Flag Epitaph but w/e.

NJ Shlice

-Yeti said:
Haha, that's pretty cool.

I was thinking about making it my desktop, but I think everyone in the household will think I'm weird or something.

Haters gon hate.

20100424-q9ttt3ibx321ybs4n2jkgc8144.png

Hostile Paradox

Neo Member
Ahh the smell of a brand new thread. Well, 50 pages in anyway:lol

I have to wonder what's going to happen with the jetpack and sprinting in flag and bomb games. Because I can only imagine everyone is going to grab the flag and fly away or run for the hills.

Or if they're to make some technicality that the jet-pack only supports the weight of the spartan, his weapons and nothing else, same for running, flag too heavy to run with. I would imagine people doing these things and i cannot determine if it's going to be good or bad.

Has there been any word on how mechanics will be affected due to the armor abilities?

Lkr

I started playing Halo 3 multiplayer again, and DAMN I forgot how shitty the graphics are:lol . I guess that's what happens over 3 years(the game was lacking when it launched anyway) and playing mostly PC games lately. Regardless, the multiplayer is still an awesome time.
if anyone wants to play, add teh 1337 h4x on xbl. i'll be on all day probably

vhfive

Hostile Paradox said:

I have to wonder what's going to happen with the jetpack and sprinting in flag and bomb games. Because I can only imagine everyone is going to grab the flag and fly away or run for the hills.

Or if they're to make some technicality that the jet-pack only supports the weight of the spartan, his weapons and nothing else, same for running, flag too heavy to run with. I would imagine people doing these things and i cannot determine if it's going to be good or bad.

Has there been any word on how mechanics will be affected due to the armor abilities?
It's my understanding that you can't use armor abilities when you have the bomb/flag/core. Also you can no longer flag juggle. :(

Hostile Paradox said:

We were dreamcrushed. Armour abilities dont work when using objective items. 50 pages is insane I think I should avoid this thread till my exams are done because frankly im probably reading more here than I am from textbooks :lol

NJ Shlice what is the Halo Reach guide?

Oozer3993

Hostile Paradox said:

Can't hold an objective item (bomb, skull, flag) while using an Armor Ability. Also, the slower moving speed you have while holding the objective will linger just a tad after dropping it to prevent flag juggling. Though you'll be able to turn it off in custom games.

Hostile Paradox said:

I think it was mentioned in a weekly update that all armour abilities are disabled when carrying game critical items. Also something about not being able to throw flags to move faster, you retain the slower movement speed for a short time after dropping an item.

EDIT: Beaten, on both points.

GhaleonEB

AwesomeSyrup said:
I just wanna say I called it(about Invasion) a while back. :D

http://neogaf.net/forum/showpost.php?p=20542428&postcount=20717
Less than an hour after the youtube video was posted of the MP trailer:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20081169&postcount=15262

broony said:
Yeah you see them blow up a generator during the Elites vs Spartans section.

Could be a Battlefield type gameplay where you destroy points across a map, or could be to drop shields and open up other areas. Either way this is the sort of gametype I think I'd really like.
I think he wins the prize for landing close to the mark so fast. (Though, that was from when we thought the generators were part of Invasion.)

Hostile Paradox

Neo Member
vhfive said:
It's my understanding that you can't use armor abilities when you have the bomb/flag/core. Also you can no longer flag juggle. :(

Oh thank goodness, flag juggling was the bane of my existance... and mega lunges... and BxR... and... and super bouncing... and, on second thought flag juggling wasn't that bad... by comparison :lol

Kapura

Banned
NJ Shlice said:
It's an app I have in the Appstore.
I just wanted to thank you for keeping it updated like a motherfucker. People say "So I heard about this Halo Reach game..." and I just open the app and hand it over.

NJ Shlice

Kapura said:
I just wanted to thank you for keeping it updated like a motherfucker. People say "So I heard about this Halo Reach game..." and I just open the app and hand it over.

haha. It makes it difficult weeks like this since Apple takes 3 days to approve updates. So I released an update on Tuesday, then wednesday all this new info comes out, so its either let the first update go through or cancel it and push a new one out. So I have an update now waiting to be approved but I already have the next one ready. Sucks.

Before the iPad launch they would approve my updates in less than 24hrs.

Magni

I still haven't done most of the FF in ODST, or Deja Vu, or Endure, so if anyone wants to do any of these right now.. :D

SAE Magni, either add me if you don't have me or GAF Halo 3 or EuroHaloGAF, or go through one of those :D

Just played a game where the other team (a couple new account kids) did constant flag juggling even though the flag was at their base. Announcer wouldn't shut-up because of it and it was real annoying. Manged to tie them 2-2 but I'm so glad flag juggling is gone.

feel

Diablohead said:
s_teabag_ava.gif

I will do this to the first player I kill in the beta!
One of my first goals will be to somewhat pull this off with a jetpack

zo9qbd.jpg

Not from so far away of course, cause the jetpack is slow and it won't let me get there before the guy spawns.

Oozer3993

MagniHarvald said:
I still haven't done most of the FF in ODST, or Deja Vu, or Endure, so if anyone wants to do any of these right now.. :D

SAE Magni, either add me if you don't have me or GAF Halo 3 or EuroHaloGAF, or go through one of those :D

I'll hopefully be on in an hour and I'd love to do the FF 200,000 point ones.

wwm0nkey said:
Has anyone brought up that the turret was shown in the beta video yet?

Some one, (Ghaleon maybe?), mentioned it right after the Vidoc dropped, but it's been buried since. It's certainly nice to see support weapons (or at least 1 of them) coming back. I didn't use them often, but I thought they were a nice addition.

Letters said:
One of my first goals will be to somewhat pull this off with a jetpack

ATOMIC TEABAG

Not from so far away of course, cause the jetpack is slow and it won't let me get there before the guy spawns.
I must try this also :lol

NJ Shlice said:
It's an app I have in the Appstore.

Ah fair enough, I thought somehow you were writing a walkthrough guide for it or something :lol

As for the Amazon thing, PLEASE elaborate, I think ill try my luck with them if I can get Legendary for a 3rd of the price.

SpudBud

CrazedArabMan said:
Please elaborate my friend, we are all listening.
I called customer service this morning, they said they couldn't do anything for me. So I e-mailed customer support about the situation. Well a little bit later they e-mailed me back stating because it was a pricing error on their end they would adhere to the price. They asked me to make a new order and send them the info and the result was...

Warning the lmage is kinda large.
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll122/SpudxBud/Proof.png

Loxley

SpudBud said:
I called customer service this morning, they said they couldn't do anything for me. So I e-mailed customer support about the situation. Well a little bit later they e-mailed me back stating because it was a pricing error on their end they would adhere to the price. They asked me to make a new order and send them the info and the result was...

Warning the lmage is kinda large.
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll122/SpudxBud/Proof.png

Fucking nice job :lol

feel

Ok, I was starting to get pissed off after seeing all you guys getting some sweet discounts while all I got was $10 in credit, so I contacted them ONCE AGAIN and finally got them to honor the original $59.99 price!! :lol (plus I got to keep the credit, so I'm getting the legendary edition for 50 bucks... !)

2eksww8.jpg

SpudBud

Letters said:
Ok, I was starting to get pissed off after seeing all you guys getting some sweet discounts while all I got was $10 in credit, so I contacted them ONCE AGAIN and finally got them to honor the original $59.99 price!! :lol (plus I got to keep the credit, so I'm getting the legendary edition for 50 bucks... !)

2eksww8.jpg
*HIGHFIVE*

Magni

Nice :D

I'm glad Amazon were nice, for me, with the nice price for once ($1 in the US = $1 in Europe, well in the UK at least), Reach + shipping UK-FR and Reach LE + shipping UK-FR cost me under $225. Had I gone to the GAME in my street in France, I'd have payed over $90 for one game alone (standard edition/no shipping). Assuming the LE comes out at 150€ (stores haven't listed it yet here..), I'd have had to spend $295. Since I'm splitting the costs with my brother, I still saved 35 dollars :D

Still bummed that I missed on the D2D pricing error last week though.. ArmA II for 5€ for a couple hours..

edit: the Xbox is still on with me in an FF lobby, if anyone doesn't know what to do after having called Amazon :lol

Kibbles

Letters said:

2eksww8.jpg
Oh you... little rascal! :lol

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Letters said:

2eksww8.jpg

I can't stop laughing at that jpg. :lol

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Where exactly are you sending these emails at? I'm at the "Help" section of Amazon.com sending an email about this whole thing and they just email me back with the obligatory "we screwed on the price, we canceled your order, sorry, that's it."

:(

ahh you guys suck! that day when amazon did the deal i decided to take a shower and eat. during my absence the deal was up, an then taken down.. :(

Top Bottom