• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

Natakuu

Banned
I'm kind of worried about what I should do for pre-ordering. I'm guessing I'll pre-order it here before I head back home from college. When it actually releases I should be back in school already..

Flipyap

Kibbles said:
Don't forget the Halo Underwear.
Indeed. Never forget.

210m6ts.jpg

derFeef

bobs99 ... said:
I would avatar quote you, but I prefered the old one :(

Either way its insane that the shop is fully booked, how big is the shop? I may have to get a move on and pre orded just the limited edition at this rate.

Huh, how would Gman fit? I am just rocking Ro to celebrate the new L4D2 dlc ;)

It is one of the most reliable/fast stores here in Austria (gameware.at), never saw something like that happening. It would also "only" cost 119€. But at this point I am thinking of buying an english copy because the german subs are really bad in the Halo games. That might be tough and expensive to get an english Limited and Legendary though.

After playing a bit of Halo 3 last night, I updated my idealized controller layout. Please make it happen, Bungie!

layout_chompy2.png

Melee is back on a button, but at least it's close to the stick. I'll miss aiming during melee but aiming grenades as well as aiming during AA seems more important.

Also, in the past few nights I've noticed a lot of people not quitting out to delevel, but instead just standing there during a match or worse, shooting teammates a few times to drop their shields, then running into the opponent's team without firing a bullet at them.

Guy literally had -20 at the end of the match :( I know there's not much for Bungie to do about it, except maybe giving the rest of the team the option to kick -- though that's obviously got its own problems.

big ander

Natakuu said:
I'm kind of worried about what I should do for pre-ordering. I'm guessing I'll pre-order it here before I head back home from college. When it actually releases I should be back in school already..
I have a similar problem. I don't even know for
sure where I'm going to school, and even then I don't know what I'd do. I might try to reserve at a local gamestop and on amazon. Then I could just cancel one of them.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Iced_Eagle said:
Same here :lol

I was so excited, placed the second order, and then they were like "Oh, actually, just kidding!"

Just wanted to say i covninced amazon to knock my legendary back to $60. It took me 6 e-mails. :lol

And no my e-mails were not threatening or anything bad. Was completely polite and simply told them how 1 amazon employee told me it would be re-honored.

Natakuu

Banned
big ander said:
I have a similar problem. I don't even know for
sure where I'm going to school, and even then I don't know what I'd do. I might try to reserve at a local gamestop and on amazon. Then I could just cancel one of them.
Yeah, it's rather annoying. Especially when I think about the Legendary Edition being limited
supposedly

Doodis

Metalic Sand said:
Just wanted to say i covninced amazon to knock my legendary back to $60. It took me 6 e-mails. :lol

And no my e-mails were not threatening or anything bad. Was completely polite and simply told them how 1 amazon employee told me it would be re-honored.
That's persistence. I think I'll just stay happy with my $99 version. I'd be afraid they'd get sick of me and cancel my existing $99 order. :lol

kylej

Banned
Why the hell would you preorder Halo Reach? You think there's going to be a shortage of them? Every edition will be stacked to the ceiling in Best Buys and Walmarts around the country. You want Halo. Microsoft knows you want Halo. Don't worry about it.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
As far as control scheme goes for the Beta I am just going to start out default and give it some time, see how it feels and if there is anything that is really bothersome I will then mix it up.

Control scheme is one thing that I am not to worried about though because I know there will be something that I will be able to adapt to.

One thing that I am really excited for though is booting the menu up for the first time, getting to hear some epic music and then take a nice hands on look at the UI. :D

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
kylej said:
Why the hell would you preorder Halo Reach? You think there's going to be a shortage of them? Every edition will be stacked to the ceiling in Best Buys and Walmarts around the country. You want Halo. Microsoft knows you want Halo. Don't worry about it.

Completely true but if i can get it on release for $60 im going to try my best to do it!

NJ Shlice

kylej said:

Yeah I find it weird people who preorder so early. I'll preorder the week before it comes out. I can't plan that far ahead.

Kapura

Banned
NJ Shlice said:
Yeah I find it weird people who preorder so early. I'll preorder the week before it comes out. I can't plan that far ahead.
I'll be preordering closer to launch too, but that's partially because I'm going to be moving to WA in August. No way in hell I'm going to miss the midnight opening at a store, though. I want to play the game as soon as I possibly can; I can't be bothered to wait for FedEx or UPS to get it to me.

Gui_PT

Kapura said:
I'll be preordering closer to launch too, but that's partially because I'm going to be moving to WA in August. No way in hell I'm going to miss the midnight opening at a store, though. I want to play the game as soon as I possibly can; I can't be bothered to wait for FedEx or UPS to get it to me.

I'm going to have to wait like 3 days after release for the game to get here

I'll suffer greatly

Could someone do me a huge favor and post all the confirmed controller layouts in a single post? I havent been following for the last few days, so I dont even know how far back to start looking.

Thanks!

Gui_PT

dslgunstar said:
Could someone do me a huge favor and post all the confirmed controller layouts in a single post? I havent been following for the last few days, so I dont even know how far back to start looking.

Thanks!

Just so the post doesn't get huge, here's the BWU

Just scroll down 'til you see it

Roche

dslgunstar said:

Thanks!

You can find 'em along with a good bit of info in the BWU here.

Edit: beaten D:

Blueblur1 said:
Got it for $59.99! <3 Amazon

NPHElmoDance.gif
I feel sorry for them cocking up the listings for 5 minutes now, once others who did the same as you get a sniff of other people getting it for $60 they will jump onto the boat too, I wonder how many did a preorder before it was pulled.

Diablohead said:
I feel sorry for them cocking up the listings for 5 minutes now, once others who did the same as you get a sniff of other people getting it for $60 they will jump onto the boat too, I wonder how many did a preorder before it was pulled.

Somebody is getting fired lol i really feel bad for them.

customs tonight? i'd love to get in on a few games. my fiance is out of town and its time to get craaaazy on a saturday night.
aka nerd the eff out in front the tv and play halo

Magni

Thanks to Sai kun, Lead Base Pain, and Juices, and again to Oozer before for doing some FF200Ks with me, much appreciated =) Feels good to finally play games with HaloGAFers after two years here. Can't wait to play games with you guys during the beta.

I might pop in during customs tonight, depends on whether I'm awake or not (nearing 2:30am here, and I woke up at 6 for a math final this morning :x). When will they start? Near 6 PST / 9 EST ?

Metalic Sand said:

Same! :D

$60 Halo Reach Legendary with one-day shipping FTW. I hope I get it on release day.

Does Amazon only charge when it ships btw?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Iced_Eagle said:

$60 Halo Reach Legendary with one-day shipping FTW. I hope I get it on release day.

Doen't seem to work for me :/ , sent 3 polite emails. Oh well, midnight launch. :D

feel

Kibbles said:
Bungie, please make the energy sword more like this instead of all clear and weird like it is now.

ri909f.gif

Love,
Kibbles.
I agree. It looked great in that trailer.

It's so damn thin now, almost 2d.

sn020l.jpg

24wugxj.jpg

ohj05z.jpg

It's a plasma sword, doesn't really need to make sense in how it provides damage by being all thin and sharp. I want fatty sword back.

Diablohead said:
What the sword is lacking is a GLOW it has almost ZERO bloom from the thing, makes me sad :(
This too. Looks like a plastic toy now.

What the sword is lacking is a GLOW it has almost ZERO bloom from the thing, makes me sad :(

Make it bright please, like the cg elite one.

Iced_Eagle said:

Yep, when they put release date shipping up, you can go to your order and change it without re-ordering.

derFeef

Diablohead said:

It´s too thin, it is lacking the thickness of the one in the trailer.

edit: yeah, Letters said it already.

Dirtbag

derFeef said:
It´s too thin, it is lacking the thickness of the one in the trailer.

edit: yeah, Letters said it already.

I think some bloom would make that sucker look more lethal.
I want some more glow to it. I think it would look really sharp to see it light up low lit areas.

Lunchbox

Banned
Diablohead said:

sword n00bs crying about how it looks. you shouldnt be using it anyways. you should be worried about how the BRs replacement looks like a uncircumcised penis.

make it look prettier bungle.

sexy -

BR.jpg

goober lookin -

haloreach_5.jpg

Ten-Song said:
Know what's great about this gif? The sparks.

PLEASE bungle! sparks when its picked up/switched to and glow! MAKE IT HAPPEN!! Now that the sword has been brought to my attention... it seriously looks so... dumb. like a Hasbro replica or something :lol

feel

And since we're in the mood, what happened to the water?

from
34ql253.jpg

t8vksg.jpg

to
k3alva.jpg

aljbyo.jpg

:(

It still looks ok, but it's disappointing that it doesn't react nicely to objects/players/explosions anymore.

GhaleonEB

I'm not seeing a difference in the water...it looks to me like the angle and the distance explain the decrease in wave reactions. We'll soon enough in person. :D

Are we going to shoot each other in that other Halo game today?

Top Bottom