• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

ReachBanner.jpg

Bungie has revealed a new campaign trailer for Halo: Reach called "The Battle Begins". Check it out at the links below.

Be warned, there may be slight spoilers contained in the trailer such as locations, and vague turn of events.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=Reach_Campaign_Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92Bbw-KHajs

The Battle Begins September 14th.

Sill4

Fucking amazing for anyone who's a fan of Halo.

Bungie has outdone themselves.

I want to know how the fuck they
brought down a Covenant Cruiser?

bungietweets said:
@geoffkeighley GameTrailers is sayin' our hot new trailer is CG? Thanks for the compliment, but nope...that's all in engine!

Sweet.

Edit: I was merely reiterating WJD's point >.>

Beaten :(

Kibbles

szaromir said:
In-engine but prerendered like the VGA trailer.
Pretty sure it's all realtime since whatever spartan you make in MP is how your spartan will look in the Campaign cutscenes.

szaromir

Banned
Kibbles said:
Pretty sure it's all realtime since whatever spartan you make in MP is how your spartan will look in the Campaign cutscenes.
In the game it'll be realtime. However, this trailer is prerendered. I hope it's not to cover framerate issues.

Sill4

Also
it looks like the covenant are digging something up, likely a forerunner relic. Hopefully we get some sentinels for 3 way battles, and maybe even a monitor. Or flood.

It's been speculated before, but this is pretty much confirmation. Unless of course, I'm just blinded by the awesome and over hyped.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wow. I would never actually associate cutting-edge visuals with a Halo game this gen, but that looked fairly nice.

I only play Halo because it has OTT insanely realistic graphics :lol :lol :lol

On a serious note, both the music and the storyline are enough to send my hype over any reasonable limit. It will be a fantastic campaign for sure.

Sill4

Opus Angelorum said:
I would liked to have seen some actual game-play (outside of the space battle).
There is plenty of firefight gameplay all over the other Halo thread. We've only had a small amount of campaign, and that's likely all we will get. Prove me wrong Bungie!

Kibbles

Opus Angelorum said:
I would liked to have seen some actual game-play (outside of the space battle).
I think we might get some clips when the Campaign embargo expires first week of August.

God damn, I love it. The locations on Reach just look so interesting. Reach has that distinct Halo color pallet, and it's taken to the next level in Reach. Everything just LOOKS interesting. Like they said in that one ViDoc, it makes you want to see and explore the world, like that feeling we felt in Halo: CE.

Top Bottom