• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
DancingJesus said:
So I guess they sacrifice themselves to save the Pillar of Autumn from Reach?

I am thinking they hold off a Covenant onslaught just long enough for the Pillar to leave, they are left behind to die in a losing fight as the planet is glassed. What I really want is a failed Warthog Run, you driving the chief to the pillar, it flips you tell him to go on while you provide cover fire for him. :D

feel

I agree with you all, this is really cool and exactly what I wanted the story to be about

Alienshogun said:
Oh,
hey I said that a few weeks back and some people said I was completely off base for thinking/calling that.
you might want to spoiler that in case people remember what you said back then

Pappasman

Letters said:
So Brian confirms (story)
that noble team's heroics will make the escape of John possible.

I already assumed this, but that's still awesome.
I want to see the Pillar of Autumn escaping reach.

Arnie

Spoiler is something I think many of us have expected all along so it's not Earth shattering.

Really hyped for Gamescon tomorrow, especially because it means for once I can wake up, have some breakfast and fill myself up with sweet gaming goodness. The industry should always run on this time schedule.

Blueblur1

I really hope there's a shot of the Chief and the PoA if that's how it plays out. At least a tease of him in redesigned Mark V armor.
:D

GhaleonEB

I didn't see it mentioned, sorry if it was - Ferrex talks Forge.

Most notable to me, since it hints at the custom game options:

(FTZ) Speaking of objectives, it was mentioned in the Vidoc that a Warthog can be made into a hill for KotH. Can any vehicle become a hill, like a Scorpion or Falcon? Can you talk about how assigning the hog to be a hill works, ie do we set a special object on top of it or is it one of the options you have while editing it?

(TG) Any vehicle (and most any object in general) can be set up to be a hill or similar objective Area. To do so, you would simply give it the Game Type Label that corresponds to KOTH Hills (“koth_hill”, if my memory serves me… you select it from a spinner, though, so you won’t have to remember), and then set the shape and size of the area.​
Oh boy.
Blueblur1 said:
I really hope there's a shot of the Chief and the PoA if that's how it plays out. At least a tease of him in redesigned Mark V armor.
I'm hoping for an homage to the shot of the PoA flying away from Reach, being chased, from the Halo 2 opening cinematic.

feel

Blueblur1 said:
fuck yes

and fuck yes VVV

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Blueblur1 said:

I think we will definitely get that. I really really want it to end with a Warthog Run though, driving the Chief to the PoA would be epic!

feel

Not a Jellyfish said:
I think we will definitely get that. I really really want it to end with a Warthog Run though, driving the Chief to the PoA would be epic!
Ok, wow, the ideas are getting too awesome stop it guys... :lol

edit-

<--- yay, the penis shaped name/tag/flag figure is finally gone.

edit2-

DAMMIT!! it's back..

Blueblur1

MrBig said:
I can hardly resist highlighting those
Just a lot of speculation on our part. No big real spoilers besides the one from the previous page which in my opinion was minor. Still, I wouldn't recommend highlighting them if you want a completely fresh experience.

Letters said:
Ok, wow, the ideas are getting too awesome stop it guys... :lol
Yeah, I read that and laughed as well. No way that will happen.

Sibylus

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
I'm hoping for an homage to the shot of the PoA flying away from Reach, being chased, from the Halo 2 opening cinematic.
Likewise, such a shot has been on my mind ever since Reach was first announced. I really hope the Pillar of Autumn's flight ends up in the game.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
For posterity.

Alienshogun said:
Might not run into the POA so to speak, but you can be damn certain that you will have a direct hand in allowing its escape.

FilthyLies said:
uhhh.... no you can't?

Alienshogun said:
Uhh, why?

There is every reason to tie Noble team to Chief and Halo 1. That would be a damn good way of doing it.

FilthyLies said:
There's no need to connect Reach to the trilogy, and it would have to be a pretty contrived scenario to work in the first place. The Pillar of Autumn leaves before any of the serious ground action anyways- it deploys Spartans to defend the MAC generators, they get overrun, it picks up MC from the Circumference and jumps out of the system. The fighting on the surface of Reach continues for quite a while afterwards, as I remember.

Reach is looking to be a pretty self-contained story, I wouldn't expect many links besides a wink here or there for the fans.

Where is your god now FilthyLies! :lol

2wmm4w5.jpg

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Blueblur1 said:
Just a lot of speculation on our part. No big real spoilers besides the one from the previous page which in my opinion was minor. Still, I wouldn't recommend highlighting them if you want a completely fresh experience.

Yeah, I read that and laughed as well. No way that will happen.

Of course it will not happen but it would be amazing! :lol

zumphry

Banned
Not a Jellyfish said:
I pretty much expected this and was hoping for it, so not a spoiler to me. :D

Yeah, and even though I highlighted it, I can just think to myself that whatever would happen would cause that to happen.

And trying to explain that without spoilering it was hard and I still probably screwed that up.

Gui_PT

CrazedArabMan said:
I want the game to end with the beginning cutscene to Halo 1, totally not spoiler covering that as it is what I want and yeah.

I hope that wish of yours wasn't based on all those spoiler tagged comments above.

If it is, you just spoiled me and everyone else.

Blueblur1

Gui_PT said:
I hope that wish of yours wasn't based on all those spoiler tagged comments above.

That's no spoiler. That's just him being hopeful. Don't worry, Gui!

ElRenoRaven

Yup it was available for me. Course I've ordered release date from them several times before. I've found that sometimes they don't give you the option till after you order. So try ordering it with like 1 day then check back in a day and see if you can adjust the shipping to release date.

If not Amazon also says that it's based off your location so that may be why you can't get release date shipping.

Louis Wu

DancingJesus said:
I'm not getting up at the crack of dawn to watch the MS conference...
You know, there might be other reasons to get up at that hour tomorrow...

Kuroyume said:
Have they said if the S vs E gametype is making it to the final game?
No - urk has specifically said it was just a test mode in the beta, it won't be in the final game.

Gui_PT said:

Please, like Blue said, it's what I hope will happen, not likely, but I think it would be cool to end the game with the start of the first game. Would make me want to play Halo CE then right away. :p

GhaleonEB

Wiggum2007 said:
Spill it!!
6:00 am Pacific time is when stuff has been hitting Bungie.net lately. "The Battle Begins" and Firefight 2.0 trailers both hit then. Since the start of the Microsoft conference/play date/whatever is about then, I'd wager we'll be seeing some Reach goodness in the morning.

Wu probably knows exactly what's up, but he's good people and won't be telling.

Louis Wu said:
You know, there might be other reasons to get up at that hour tomorrow...

No - urk has specifically said it was just a test mode in the beta, it won't be in the final game.

Luckily Ghal explained what you meant there, but thats pretty damn awesome, im going to sleep VERY happy tomorow confirmed. :lol

Also im probably the only person who actually enjoyed Spartans VS Elites from both sides, but I really wished that mode made it into the game.

MrDaravon

Not a Jellyfish said:
I am thinking they hold off a Covenant onslaught just long enough for the Pillar to leave, they are left behind to die in a losing fight as the planet is glassed. What I really want is a failed Warthog Run, you driving the chief to the pillar, it flips you tell him to go on while you provide cover fire for him. :D

This would be amazing and awesome, and for me personally the only way that they could really get away with
doing another last level Warthog run

Alienshogun said:
For posterity.

[/spoiler]

Where is your god now FilthyLies! :lol

2wmm4w5.jpg
Eh, I watched the video and it seemed like a pretty general comment. More just informing those who don't know that
because of the fight at Reach, the Chief makes it to Halo with the POA. It could, very well be something more direct, but not necessarily. Always hard to tell with interviews like that. He did specifically call out Noble Team, but again, who knows

fake edit: new thread the fuck? We can has official thread soon?

Sai

EuropeOG said:
That sucks big super monkey balls.
If I remember correctly, Big Team in Halo 3 started off as 6v6 as well(right?). So maybe as time goes on, and any potential network kinks are ironed out, we'll have 8v8 Invasion in Matchmaking.

PooBone

Letters said:
So Brian confirms (story)
that noble team's heroics will make the escape of John possible.
Seriously guys, Sketch and others have been saying this for months in interviews, that their actions on Reach lead to the events of Halo: CE. He is not saying that Noble team is going to be directly responsible for the Pillar of Autumn's escape.

I guarantee it. This is being blown out of context. Not a spoiler.

Top Bottom