• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Bungieware said:
notsureifserious.jpg

I don't see why it is would be impossible in the Halo universe. Slipspace allows for travel faster than lightspeed, so technically 'our' laws of physics don't apply in slipspace.

No realism in my Halo please.

Feindflug

GhaleonEB said:
Next week, a lot more campaign coverage including video.

Normally I should be happy about this but now I'm thinking that avoiding everything/going into media blackout till the game hits at 14/9 isn't going to be easy at all.

I have a strong feeling that Reach is going to blow us away in all aspects...the love and care that oozes from everything we've seen from Reach is making me more and more confident that Reach will be an amazing game.

Bungie = <3

I will be on with my bro and a friend of mine in an hour or two... probably doing MM for a bit but if I manage to bore my 2 then sure I'll be up for customs :p

Lazslo

Schmitty said:
Who is playing customs tonight?
I will be hosting some good custom fun tonight. Send a message or friend request to 'Laszio'. Customs start at 10pm Est/7pm Pst. Everyone is welcome to join if there's room- last week filled up pretty fast. All DLC is usually a good idea to own since we do like 60% of games on Sandbox. Can't wait to snipe Dax in the face while his needlers fail miserably :D

Some examples of the games why play are:
4v4: Muli-Flag Pit BR 10 sec return with 90% Damage, 110% Movement
6v6: 1 Flag Longshore BR with Needler Secondary with 90% Damage, 110% Movement, Radar On.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Time travel wouldn't be new to Halo universe.
04-cool.gif

Mik2121

Do you guys mind if I join you? There's a problem though, I'm in Japan so I might make some lag. If things get ugly I'll just leave, though.

If I can, I will add you, Lazslo. Ok?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Lazslo said:
I will be hosting some good custom fun tonight. Send a message or friend request to 'Laszio'. Customs start at 10pm Est/7pm Pst. Everyone is welcome to join if there's room- last week filled up pretty fast. All DLC is usually a good idea to own since we do like 60% of games on Sandbox. Can't wait to snipe Dax in the face while his needlers fail miserably :D

You and your god damned aimbot.

Lazslo

Mik2121 said:
Do you guys mind if I join you? There's a problem though, I'm in Japan so I might make some lag. If things get ugly I'll just leave, though.

If I can, I will add you, Lazslo. Ok?
Your more then welcome to Join- we play with a bunch of UK drunks and the connection usually holds up. Just make sure you send to the right gt- 'Laszio'. I'm going to download a bunch of different maps soon so we'll have a good variety tonight.
Tashi you should totally play, maybe even stream it- I haven't played with you in a while mang, looking forward to getting donged on

Mik2121

Lazslo said:
Your more then welcome to Join- we play with a bunch of UK drunks and the connection usually holds up. Just make sure you send to the right gt- 'Laszio'. I'm going to download a bunch of different maps soon so we'll have a good variety tonight.
Tashi you should totally play, maybe even stream it- I haven't played with you in a while mang, looking forward to getting donged on
Added!. How many hours until 10pm Est/7pm Pst?

Mik2121

Deputy Moonman said:
6 hours from this post :) minus 15 minutes
Yeah, just found some site that tells you the EST time and whatnot. It's 5am here, that means the game will be at around 11am.. and I have not slept yet! Dang :p But I didn't plan on sleeping today (to fix my sleeping hours), so I'll most likely join.

Circle T

Took a break from PS to eat lunch. Shogun, is this more of what you were originally looking for, (no texture, simple color)? Again, not that it matters since you've already ordered the parts. I'm just wanting to get it right before I quit working on it...

331zoy8.png

Also, did anyone have any thoughts on my other HaloGAF logo? Good, bad, changes to make?

2d9r9qw.png

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
WJD said:
Euro-customs should make a comeback come September 14th.

Nah. Give Reach a week or two. Let folks play Firefight or Campaign or whatever their plans are. Obviously there will be plenty of folks partying up and whatnot.

I dunno. Guess we'll see.

One thing is for certain. Normal Customs and Euro Customs for Reach should not run on the same day and right after each other like in the past. I can't handle ten plus hours of Halo every week and being tied down. We should separate them maybe or something. Makes it more fair or whatever.

I may have other commitments.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Circle T said:
Took a break from PS to eat lunch. Shogun, is this more of what you were originally looking for, (no texture, simple color)? Again, not that it matters since you've already ordered the parts. I'm just wanting to get it right before I quit working on it...

331zoy8.png

Also, did anyone have any thoughts on my other HaloGAF logo? Good, bad, changes to make?

2d9r9qw.png

For the HaloGAF logo, it's excellent, all you need to do (IMO) is have the arm that Bungie has for grabbing the lightening bolt grab the NeoGAF logo. :p

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Circle T said:

331zoy8.png

2d9r9qw.png

Yeah, that's good and exactly what I was originally looking for, but I actually liked the texture on the neogaf symbol you added earlier, just not the ONI symbol. It's simple with a little bit of "oomph." That's why I used it for the A40 tags.

I know that sounds weird, but I liked it.

I really liked the HaloGAF text logo you did though.

Gui_PT

Dani said:
And take a guess why I couldn't be arsed doing that again. =P

Yeah, even though it was fun, it was exhausting.

And yeah, if we ever get EuroCustoms going again, we should have it on another day.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
big ander said:
I'd be up for some Halo tonight. Still don't have a mic though. :( Should be getting my Tritton's soon.

Did the mic on your trittons break or did you just decide to upgrade?

Domino Theory said:
For the HaloGAF logo, it's excellent, all you need to do (IMO) is have the arm that Bungie has for grabbing the lightening bolt grab the NeoGAF logo. :p

I think that may be adding too much.

Sometimes less is more.

JaggedSac

Anybody got the links to all of Bungie's RSS feeds? I cannot find them on their site.

Also, a question for Bungie, any chance you guys are going to start exposing a public web service for consuming game statistics? Or is there one currently available that I do not know about?

Circle T

Alienshogun said:
Yeah, that's good and exactly what I was originally looking for...
Yea, my bad. But hey, if you like what you're getting, that's all that matters.

Domino Theory said:
Alienshogun said:
I think that may be adding too much.

Sometimes less is more.
Yea, I kind of think that might clutter it up a bit. That was actually one of my initial thoughts. I wanted to have that hand holding the bolts in front, or behind the GAF logo. But, I just couldn't get that to work without looking sort of awkward. The 7th Column thing was the next best idea I could come up with.

Captain Blood said:
Is there a reason a HaloGAF logo is being made or is it just for fun?
Juices did one a couple pages back, and wanted someone to tweak/fix/improve it. This one is just my take on the idea.

And yea, the ONI one was just something Shogun wanted for his new headset. I enjoy dicking around in PS, so I took on the challenge.

big ander

Alienshogun said:
Did the mic on your trittons break or did you just decide to upgrade?
Since I bought my 360, I've had around 12 mics. All of them were either standard wireless or standard wired, except for the limited edition Halo 3 one, which my dog chewed up. :'( I think the tally of them being broken is:
Chewed up by ravenous piles of fur - 5
Stepped on by brothers/friends of brothers/friends/random neighbors/cleaning lady - 6
Broken in a fit of rage at again going -10 on Sandtrap - 1
But now that I'm off to college, I can upgrade and not have to worry about people breaking them. Can't wait to have a GOOD mic.
But really I miss that LE H3 wireless mic so much :((((

Mik2121

JaggedSac said:
Also, a question for Bungie, any chance you guys are going to start exposing a public web service for consuming game statistics? Or is there one currently available that I do not know about?
Uhm? You mean, like, other than Bungie.net's stats?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
big ander said:
Since I bought my 360, I've had around 12 mics. All of them were either standard wireless or standard wired, except for the limited edition Halo 3 one, which my dog chewed up. :'( I think the tally of them being broken is:
Chewed up by ravenous piles of fur - 5
Stepped on by brothers/friends of brothers/friends/random neighbors/cleaning lady - 6
Broken in a fit of rage at again going -10 on Sandtrap - 1
But now that I'm off to college, I can upgrade and not have to worry about people breaking them. Can't wait to have a GOOD mic.
But really I miss that LE H3 wireless mic so much :((((

Well you are in for a treat if you got the Tritton AX Pros, I loved them, but I recently sold them to get some Astros.

I think you are really going to enjoy them, they have awesome bass, and really good spatial awareness.

I'm up for some customs tonight. I haven't played with HaloGAF yet, but I don't have a mic as my wireless one seems to think it's a second controller.....? I tried mulitple fixes, anyone have any idea? And we all know how quickly the wired ones break.

Louis Wu

JaggedSac said:
Anybody got the links to all of Bungie's RSS feeds? I cannot find them on their site.
Do they have more than a news feed?

(In the old days, we built our own, by scraping; Achronos frowns on that now. I think there might be more coming out when Reach goes live... mostly related to stats. Nothing that I know of now, though.)

JaggedSac

Louis Wu said:
Do they have more than a news feed?

(In the old days, we built our own, by scraping; Achronos frowns on that now. I think there might be more coming out when Reach goes live... mostly related to stats. Nothing that I know of now, though.)

Ok, thats what I thought. Although, I seem to remember an xml feed that had player stats in it.

Mik2121 said:
Oh.. my bad.

(I still don't know what you mean. A web service? like.. what, for example?)

edit - Ah, you mean like http://www.ihalostats.net/ but to check from a computer too?

A web service is an Http API that clients can make requests to for data or other such things. For example, if Bungie provided such as thing, I could make a request with XML that contained something along the lines of give me the last 10 matches played by JaggedSac. That way, a client could wrap up the stats consumption however they wanted to, such as an application on a phone.

Lazslo

If anyone has any specific maps they want to play in customs, link me up and I'll have it downloaded for tonight. I'm trying to get some good maps on my HD, I'll probably still go back to H3 every once in awhile once Reach comes out.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Lazslo said:
If anyone has any specific maps they want to play in customs, link me up and I'll have it downloaded for tonight. I'm trying to get some good maps on my HD, I'll probably still go back to H3 every once in awhile once Reach comes out.

You don't trust my map selections? =P

Mik2121

JaggedSac said:
A web service is an Http API that clients can make requests to for data or other such things. For example, if Bungie provided such as thing, I could make a request with XML that contained something along the lines of give me the last 10 matches played by JaggedSac. That way, a client could wrap up the stats consumption however they wanted to, such as an application on a phone.
Oh, I got it. Thanks for the explanation!. I guess it's something slightly similar to how iHaloStats works, right? Too bad that one is ugly as hell, it makes me not want to even touch it.

Lazslo

Dani said:
You don't trust my map selections? =P
Nah, just trying to get some decent maps on my Hdizzle. I deleted everything H3-related once I got that good ol' Mythic disc. Get ready Dani, are your power weapon skills up to par today?

Top Bottom