• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

Schmitty said:
Did you make that Prisoner level Cuban?
I wish i had made it.

I'll be contacting the creator to ask for an update to some of the geometry on the top floor.

Then I'll tweak the classic H1 spawns and weapon placement a bit so that it plays better for H3 and GAF.

But next up on my List of the HaloGAF Customs "Halo 3 Goodbye Tour" Remakes Hunt is this Halo 1 PC beauty:
chirontl34a4f9.jpg

I really hope it's even possible, since I think it might be over the limit on how many teleporters can be placed in an H3 Custom Map Variant.

You'll love it but you might never want to see a teleporter ever again once it's through with you. :lol

feel

Fun customs guys. The guys on my team, thanks for not getting mad at my awful halo skills nowadays, specially Juices, who I betrayed many times by accident...

I loved those guys we met in BTB, they were so loud and offensive in the pregame lobby, calling out all of us individually, mocking our gamertags, and we all kept our cool, then the game started and we delivered a good old trashing on their asses... :D

OuterWorldVoice said:
First game I am top scorer, second game I am bottom scorer. A perfect demo of my consistency.
Making me the victim of your kills almost exclusively was kind of douchey...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Juices, always the straight shooter lol.

And BTW, how do you check how many posts a person has per thread? I always fucking forget lol.

big ander

Cuban Legend said:
Yea especially the wiggers that came out on that Longshore Team Slayer game in Big Team Social...

They were talking to much smack for no reason in the pregame lobby, I was about to mute them all but it was too entertaining for me. All I remember was hearing them clamoring in proximity chat every time one of them died. Then when the dust cleared...
http://i25.tinypic.com/e9uamw.png[img][/url]
...they blamed it on lag and GAF had a laugh.

[Shoutout to everyone who joined in on at least one game with us on Customs Tonight!]
Dani for hosting, Lazslo for hosting, you both had some great Maps/Gametypes. And Special Thanks to Lazslo for letting me host with PL after he left @ about 11:30EST till we all departed @ about 1:30EST. I tested the GAF waters with a remake of Hang 'Em High and Prisoner! Glad everyone liked the Prisoner remake, I'll be tweaking it for GAFs weapon spawn tastes even better next time. Definitely gonna miss Halo 3 now after such a great GAF Customs session.

We weaned down to about 8 people, we hopped into MM Social Big Team. Shoutout to GAF "After Hours" Customs!

For sure, that was a laggy game that last one.. I couldn't hear Starlit and I was riding around with squidhands on a Gauss the whole time. Was so laggy that 5 of the other team quit out.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah. We all have Wal-mart connections. Or worse-than-wal-mart connections. I couldn't really follow it without a headset :lol

@tashi, look at the right of the topic title when you're at the main forum page, click the replies number.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
Juices, always the straight shooter lol.

And BTW, how do you check how many posts a person has per thread? I always fucking forget lol.
Click the replies button when viewing the forum.
7QwNY.jpg

edit: beaten, with a stick

I dunno if you mean my blatant disrespect towards Dax (Hes really the worst of HaloGAF) or my stats.

Seriously my BR was terrible tonight though, I was having some real problems posting decent games. I think some of these new dudes are decent, arnie and reborn were hitting good numbers every game I think.

AwesomeSyrup said:
Guaranteed worst footage of Reach we will see until release. :lol

Remember, this is GameTrailers.com , they will show some huge ammount of campaign info before the game comes out.

How do i know this? Because this is GT.com, they have to spoil everygame before it comes out. Just check out the mass effect specials they had and just about every single game review.

OuterWorldVoice said:
First game I am top scorer, second game I am bottom scorer. A perfect demo of my consistency.
Pleasure to die by your hand, sir. :D

Circle T said:
Came home from dinner tonight, and had another idea for a HaloGAF logo. Again, this isn't the greatest thing ever, I'm certainly not a PS expert. But, I think it turned out OK. Any thoughts??

sltlcg.png
Wow, that's awesome.

Letters said:
Fun customs guys. The guys on my team, thanks for not getting mad at my awful halo skills nowadays, specially Juices, who I betrayed many times by accident...

I loved those guys we met in BTB, they were so loud and offensive in the pregame lobby, calling out all of us individually, mocking our gamertags, and we all kept our cool, then the game started and we delivered a good old trashing on their asses... :D

Making me the victim of your kills almost exclusively was kind of douchey...
Those guys were ridiculous. Loved the 'wal-mart connections' bit. :lol

My best "performance" of the evening (that was a pretty solid remake of Prisoner). Had a blast again.

EazyB

Banned
Solid evening of Halo, 20 games played. Miller, nice playin with ya, easily the most kick-ass Bungie employee.

Happy 21st, Self, you inebriated mother fucker.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
squidhands said:
My best "performance" of the evening (that was a pretty solid remake of Prisoner). Had a blast again.
Hah, not bad. I can't wait to play with you all next week (if all goes well with my Xbox getting). I've actually gotten a lot better at Halo in the past few years. I seem to be a lot more focused, collected, and strategic. Feels good to dominate sometimes. :D

We'll see how I do against you guys, tho. :lol

minx

EazyB said:
Solid evening of Halo, 20 games played. Miller, nice playin with ya, easily the most kick-ass Bungie employee.

Happy 21st, Self, you inebriated mother fucker.

Wait wait wait..... you stayed in and played Halo on your 21st birthday?

minx88 said:
Wait wait wait..... you stayed in and played Halo on your 21st birthday?
4minx88.gif

Happy 21'st Eazy Self Induced, Eazy you still better get crackin' on planning a berbercreek for Reach in Forge World!

EazyB

Banned
Woah woah woah. It's not my birthday, it's Self Induced's birthday.

As far as I know, he played some Halo, hopped off to drink with his buds, purged the toxins, then hopped back on to sabotage our games by drunkenly running the flag to the wrong base.

Thanks anyways guys :lol

Ramirez

Those dudes had to be playing with their feet. How do you continually come back to the same guy and just let him dong on you 2-3 times in the span of 10-15 seconds? :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
EazyB said:
Woah woah woah. It's not my birthday, it's Self Induced's birthday.

As far as I know, he played some Halo, hopped off to drink with his buds, purged the toxins, then hopped back on to sabotage our games by drunkenly running the flag to the wrong base.

Thanks anyways guys :lol

:lol :lol You said "Self" I thought you were referring to yourself hahahahahhaah

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SELF INDUCED!!!!!!

GrimReaperCounting.jpg

hahahahahahaha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlYkIJVguCU#t=1m41s

Whoops, fixed my above post. :lol

squidhands said:
ù_u I'm the first kill in that Triple Kill. Nice shooting!

I agree, it's just about the only remake that is good out there on B.net for Prisoner, out of two I found. People need to learn to tag their stuff, I'm sure I've missed out on plenty maps due to taggin issues.

Nutter

Ramirez said:
Those dudes had to be playing with their feet. How do you continually come back to the same guy and just let him dong on you 2-3 times in the span of 10-15 seconds? :lol
By being a bunch of BK's?

Mik2121

Cuban Legend said:
I wish i had made it.

I'll be contacting the creator to ask for an update to some of the geometry on the top floor.

Then I'll tweak the classic H1 spawns and weapon placement a bit so that it plays better for H3 and GAF.

But next up on my List of the HaloGAF Customs "Halo 3 Goodbye Tour" Remakes Hunt is this beauty:
http://www.abload.de/img/chirontl34a4f9.jpg[img]
I really hope it's even possible, since I think it might be over the limit on how many teleporters can be placed in an H3 Custom Map Variant.

You'll love it but you might never want to see a teleporter ever again once it's through with you. :lol[/QUOTE]
Yeah... I think people will probably hate you for making such map :lol It will feel like that map that's like you walk on the wall, ceilings and shit, so trippy..

Yeah I just checked, a 100% replica of Chiron TL34 is not possible in Halo 3. The map would require 30 Teleporters, you can only place about less than half than many in Forge, without budget glitching.

ㅎ_ㅎ

Fix it for Reach, Bungle!

Mik2121

We will need to make a ForgeGAF or HaloGAF ForgeWorld thread with all the maps made by gaffers, with the bests being played during the weekends' customs! :)

Gui_PT

Wish I had joined you guys for customs, but I need my beauty sleep. And I mean, need it.

Sounds like it was fun. Was there a Blueblur Defense Force this week?

Edit: The defense force was created by stormtrooper in valhalla while blueblur was away. We'd protect him while vhfive would take on the other team on his own. I think we still one that match btw :lol

Hey Hydraknockz thanks for the invite, sorry I couldnt make it, I was literally about to call it a night as you sent the invite.

Ill be there next week for sure, ive been avoiding Gaf in fear of spoilers, but its shocking just how much info I miss out on without being here.

No worries bobs, it filled to the brim mighty quick near the start anyway. I was having fucking awesome games until juices showed up :lol So many encounters squandered on my part but man it was a laugh. It was 2:30am ish when I finished up so I said fuck it, and tried to get a few splatters on a mongoose, got a few. Cheers for the games guys.

Can't wait to Reach this shit up :p

wwm0nkey said:

I can't believe Reach is right around the corner. I cannot freaking wait. Bungie spent the perfect amount of time keeping us in the dark and then revealing stuff. Just enough time to get my hype level maxed out before release, while also not feeling like I'm waiting for eternity.

Lakitu

st5fu
WJD said:
Reach comes out next month.

Wow. I am excite.

Does anybody know the exact date when the embargo lifts for the campaign stuff to be revealed? The journalists who played 2 and a half missions.

Lakitu said:
Wow. I am excite.

Does anybody know the exact date when the embargo lifts for the campaign stuff to be revealed? The journalists who played 2 and a half missions.
I believe it's this Tuesday...

Lakitu

st5fu
Hydranockz said:

Oh shit. Thanks.

The updates this last month have been great, achievements, Forge / Forge Worlds, new maps unveiled, Firefight, E3 2010 campaign gameplay, space combat... so good.

S1kkZ

Hydranockz said:
nice. still dont know if i should watch the sp footage...
and bungie: i still want a vidoc about marty and the soundtrack/voice recording sessions.

S1kkZ said:
nice. still dont know if i should watch the sp footage...
and bungie: i still want a vidoc about marty and the soundtrack/voice recording sessions.
Yes, I agree with this.
You listening, Bungie? :p

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
EazyB said:
pictures removed]

Holy crap dude, that's looking awesome.

Tashi0106 said:
Thanks guys <3

edit: wow, shogun is destroying everyone! :p

Call me Shogun, DESTROYER OF FORUMS!

Seriously though, glad it isn't as big of a deal to everyone as it was being portrayed.

Regardless, school begins in 23 days and I have an 18 credit hour semester, so while I'll still post often it should be cut back by the semester alone. :lol

Deadly Cyclone said:
Anyone up for some ODST vidmaster achievements later on? I am ready for a 2 hour firefight match. :D
Argh, I need to get Endure but I can't really play for too long today as I have to go out for dinner.
If you still haven't got it tomorrow...

Mik2121

I don't think I wanna see any campaign stuff at all.. I want more forgeworld info, to know how much of our 'dreams' will we be able to make in this game!. But I guess I'm alone on this :lol

Hydranockz said:

:( I guess im going to have to hide under a rock from Tuesday onwards then. :lol

Also out of interest, anyone here from the UK and used Amazon First Class postage? They say that my delivery estimate is the 15th of September, but are they just covering theyre asses and giving me a worst case scenario date or are they only going to ship the game on the 14th?

If theyre literally not going to ship the game till the 14th I doubt I will get it for the 15th even with first class?

Cuban Legend said:
I wish i had made it.

But next up on my List of the HaloGAF Customs "Halo 3 Goodbye Tour" Remakes Hunt is this Halo 1 PC beauty:
chirontl34a4f9.jpg

You'll love it but you might never want to see a teleporter ever again once it's through with you. :lol

Noooooooooo, you bastard! I've been calling this remake since Reach was announced! It's mine! It's mine and no one elses!

edit: Wait, Halo 3? carry on.

Top Bottom