• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Off Screen Images

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
GhaleonEB said:
I'm still dubious that the pics are legit, though the weapon designs sure look spot-on with Bungie's art style. But it's been confirmed many times by Bungie that Reach is using a new engine. I'm not sure how to draw any conclusions about visual fidelity from (if real) pre-alpha off-screen blurry pics, though.
Well, Frankie is online yet he hasn't come in here to call bullshit on them yet, so the prospects are looking good.

Xdrive05

10c5607da8871356667f2daf9e1931e4.jpg

FrankT

pswii60 said:
Screen #4 looks lovely.

e8k12a.jpg

Tom Morello.

Exactly my thoughts. I can't wait until we get the first trailer (I'm thinking VGA's) and first real screens (Game Informer Dec issue I 'm thinking as well).

2z6gm5g.jpg

Love this menu as well.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
inner-G said:
That's quite a reach.

badum-psh

BattleMonkey said:
Not sure why some are assuming its the same engine from such low quality blurry pics. Most of the weapon models look completely redone or much better from the previous games so far.

I agree. How can anyone tell if it's the old engine or not? The shots are blurry as fuck.

Orlics

I AM SOMEWHAT DISAPPOINTED. THE STORY OF THE FALL OF REACH REACH WOULD BENEFIT FROM A MORE COMPREHENSIVE GRAPHICAL OVERHAUL. ALTHOUGH PERHAPS THESE ARE BUT PLACEHOLDER MODELS AND TEXTURES. KEEP IN MIND THAT WE ALSO DON'T KNOW IF THE ANIMATIONS REMAIN THE SAME.

RBH

BattleMonkey said:
Not sure why some are assuming its the same engine from such low quality blurry pics. Most of the weapon models look completely redone or much better from the previous games so far.

Have to see better pics and footage. Think people are assuming it's same engine based on it basically looking like a Halo game. I doubt Bungie would deviate much from it's established look.

Course lot of it looks like placeholder.... hopefully.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Gameplay details added.

This is what the HUD looks like. In the bottom left, you can see your squadmates health and names.
Right above the radar shows what perks you are carrying. When I played there were 3 perks-sprinting, cloaking, and halogram.
The sprinting makes you run when you hold LB,
cloaking makes you invisible (when you cloak your radar jams and you can't really hear anything around you).
The hologram creates a hologram of yourself, so enemies will shoot at both.

Orlics said:
I AM SOMEWHAT DISAPPOINTED. THE STORY OF THE FALL OF REACH REACH WOULD BENEFIT FROM A MORE COMPREHENSIVE GRAPHICAL OVERHAUL. ALTHOUGH PERHAPS THESE ARE BUT PLACEHOLDER MODELS AND TEXTURES. KEEP IN MIND THAT WE ALSO DON'T KNOW IF THE ANIMATIONS REMAIN THE SAME.
PERHAPS THE FINAL VERSION WILL BE LESS BLURRY TOO, I REALLY HOPE SO. I'M THINKING MAYBE THEY'LL REMOVE THAT SAMSUNG PART OF THE HUD TOO. IT'S A BIT INTRUSIVE.

Heads will roll.

Looks beautiful...but looks like Halo 3.5? The gameplay doesn't look to be much different from Halo 3 but it's hard to say.

Psychotext said:
PERHAPS THE FINAL VERSION WILL BE LESS BLURRY TOO, I REALLY HOPE SO. I'M THINKING MAYBE THEY'LL REMOVE THAT SAMSUNG PART OF THE HUD TOO. IT'S A BIT INTRUSIVE.

Wishful thinking.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
sooo excited. needler rifle is awesome.

shame about this leak, i'm sure we'll hear bitching about the quality of these (pre?) alpha screens

S1kkZ

Dark FaZe said:
Heads will roll.

Looks beautiful...but looks like Halo 3.5? The gameplay doesn't look to be much different from Halo 3 but it's hard to say.

wow! you can see this all from these blurry cellphone camera pics?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Psychotext said:

TOM MORELLO

Dabanton

Orlics said:

All caps. :lol

Dark FaZe said:
Heads will roll.

It is hard to say and yet,you have already concluded that the gameplay isn't much different. :lol

GhaleonEB

Nirolak said:
Well, Frankie is online yet he hasn't come in here to call bullshit on them yet, so the prospects are looking good.
I also don't read into Bungie/Microsoft's relative silence on leaks, given both the policy and past precedent.

That said, those pics look more and more legit the more I scrutinize them. So I'll tentatively get excited. Really digging the weaponry, and intrigued by the title screen option. Looks like it could be "Adventures", or "Activities". Not sure. But a mode that hasn't been at the top-level menu before.

Jtyettis said:
Sounds like the evolution of equipment, rather than perks.

minx

I love how people are saying the gameplay doesn't look any different just by looking at screens :lol IT LOOKS LIKE A FPS for fuck sake! :lol

four-two

Banned
Ok, i'm honest, i hate Halo franchise, same time a was expecting something from this game... but this screen...

Bungie was suppose to work Reach on a new engine or something like that?

Orlics

GhaleonEB said:
I also don't read into Bungie/Microsoft's relative silence on leaks, given both the policy and past precedent.

That said, those pics look more and more legit the more I scrutinize them. So I'll tentatively get excited. Really digging the weaponry, and intrigued by the title screen option. Looks like it could be "Adventures", or "Activities". Not sure. But a mode that hasn't been at the top-level menu before.

It's pretty clearly Activities.

Anyway, are there any Fall of Reach story buffs who want to analyze what seems to be going on in each shot? I don't remember much from that book except the Keyes Loop. That was badass.

Dabanton

This thread needs a Bungie employee to calm the waters

Their probably trying to narrow down who leaked these pics if their real that is...:lol

OMG Aero

Well this is a bit disappointing, I was expecting something all new but it just looks like Halo 3 with better graphics.

Orlics

"Activities" could be Natal stuff.

"You ever wonder what the bottom of a Spartan-II's shoe looks like?"

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Orlics said:

Rule of the Internet #39: CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL
Rule of the Internet #40: EVEN WITH CRUISE CONTROL YOU STILL HAVE TO STEER

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I am pretty sure this is alpha, but if Halo Reach is not an incremental step in visual quality from Halo 3, I know I will die a little. I am not asking for KZ2 or U2 graphics, I could do just fine with Halo 3 level of detail as long as it has at least some AA and better AF.

Oozer3993

Dani said:
Gameplay details added.

Dammit, keep your Call of Doodies out of ma Halos.

I find it a little odd that most of the screens appear to have no mention of phase or build numbers. The Halo 3 leaks all had BETA or ALPHA build prominently displayed along with a specific build number IIRC. Only the screen linked to the "perks" appears to have anything like that (the green text in the lower left corner).

Top Bottom