• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

ElRenoRaven

Lone Dragon said:
What is wrong with you? The Street Fighter thing is bad enough... LOL

Cause Halogaf will show you the light. You must see the light. We need Hello Kitty Arbiter damn it. These fine gentlemen will show you the light. I'm sure of that.

Ken

PsychoRaven said:
I need a picture of the Hello Kitty thing dressed up as the Arbiter stat. I'm chatting with a friend about the Hello Kitty X Street Fighter stuff and want to show him the potential of a Hello Kitty Arbiter.

d61eece4.png

ElRenoRaven

Lone Dragon said:
That is, at once, horrifying and awesome! LOL

No it isn't horrifying but it is awesome. Embrace the Hello Kitty Arbiter. Let it into your heart. Either that or it might take an Energy Sword to your ass. Your choice.

ElRenoRaven

Tunavi said:
i fucking love you

You aren't alone. Thanks to his kindness I have avatar sized it for Lone's use on Neogaf.

mobj0.png

Edit and there it is. He now has an avatar. MUAHAHAHHA

BTW everyone Lone Dragon. Lone Dragon Halogaf. I told you they wouldn't bite.

Ken

PsychoRaven said:
You aren't alone. Thanks to his kindness I have avatar sized it for my Lone's use on Neogaf.
If I had my Intuos tablet I would have drawn a cleaner version on Photoshop and try to emulate the HK style. Unfortunately I didn't so I had to resort to Adobe Ideas on my iPad lol.

ElRenoRaven

Ken said:
If I had my Intuos tablet I would have drawn a cleaner version on Photoshop and try to emulate the HK style. Unfortunately I didn't so I had to resort to Adobe Ideas on my iPad lol.

Shit dude. You went above and beyond the call of duty just doing that. That was just awesome.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
PsychoRaven said:
Oh you know. We could be on to something here. I could see a whole line of Hello Kitty Halo Avatars.
Hello Gravemind
Hello Johnson
Hello MC's Cod Piece

Tunavi

Banned
Holy shit. 8v8 warthogs only on Hemorrhage, no weapons. best custom game I've played in Reach yet

hitmonchan you really should have stayed

Tunavi said:
Holy shit. 8v8 warthogs only on Hemorrhage, no weapons. best custom game I've played in Reach yet

hitmonchan you really should have stayed
I used to play that in CE all the time.

I couldn't handle custom games anymore. I needed some regular matches.

FyreWulff

Woorloog said:
Figures.
What about weapon/vehicle drop customization, is that possible for Invasion Slayer in general? Just remembered that standard Invasion Slayer doesn't feature Hog variants, Mongoose, Falcon or Revenant.
Invisible unshielded Spartans vs Elites could be possible at least, creating Spartan-IIIs vs Covenant-esque scenarios. Assuming Invasion Slayer offered base trait customization for both teams...

They don't. Either Megalo doesn't support choosing weapons that aren't spawn/trait style weapons or to do so would cost too much script memory.

If only we could convince them to publish answers to that Megalo Q&A..

GhaleonEB

Two thoughts on tonight's games.

I have now seen the dumbest players in my Halo matchmaking experience, ever, in a game of 1-Flag on Breakpoint. I was astounded. They were all on my team, naturally.

The ability for Heretic Elites to fire homing rockets at infantry (that would be me) was a poor design decision. Seeing that spiral of death barrel down is rather frustrating.

Not many good games to be had this evening, alas.

FyreWulff

Heretic Elites are scary in the first place. They use every human weapon perfectly. Watching them use the Grenade Launcher on you is something else.

They should have had a skull that made every Elite in the game a Heretic. Now that's what I'd call Mythic difficulty.

GhaleonEB

FyreWulff said:
Heretic Elites are scary in the first place. They use every human weapon perfectly. Watching them use the Grenade Launcher on you is something else.
I like fighting Heretics, except for the rocket dudes. I a few days ago I saw someone get beaned by two rockets and like, a hazillion grenades at the same time. Dude was disintegrated.

I've learned the hard way not to get caught out in the open when the snipers spawn.

reach_15946205_Full.jpg

But I really dig the look of them. For some reason human weapons and Elites just look badass.

reach_15946220_Full.jpg

Eliteheretics.jpg

They should have had a skull that made every Elite in the game a Heretic. Now that's what I'd call Mythic difficulty.

Brilliant idea, actually. I'd love it.

All of the awful voters came out in droves tonight.

Also Halo 4 should have a new vote if gametypes tie. Since they love to put shitty gametypes on top.

FyreWulff

Yeah, the Elites look badass holding Human weapons.

They also shoot my rockets out of the air in Arcadefight. Dicks.

They can:

1) Home rockets in on you as infantry
2) Pace the DMR 100% Perfectly
3) Can snipe you even while you are evading
4) Detonate the GL on you perfectly

The only weapon I can think of that they suck at is the shotgun. They try to use it as a mid-long weapon, which is probably why Emile tries to use it like that (Spartans just have the Elite AI but with a slowed down decision loop)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
FyreWulff said:

I love Heretics. I'd be so into that.

I just wanted to mention Yes I did the weekly. I played 75 rounds of FF. It was good it was bad and I never ever want to do that shit again.

Recarpo

Just got an email from amazon today that my round 2 bag of swag has shipped. Anybody else get a message or is this old news?

Sibylus

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
At a cost? Ok well here's our disagreement.

It opens up bullshit new routes that break all intended player paths and make getting from point A to point B a straight line opposed to a designed path for the combat to flow... and the cost and risks associated with it are minimal. It acts as a super jump that is really loud. That is NOT enough, not for me, and not for a higher level of play, to balance out how ridiculously easy it is to move around the map with.
The risk: Higher visibility, forgoing a more combat-oriented armor ability, briefly distancing self from ground cover in order to access it, being less useful on primarily horizontal terrain, and severely exposing yourself to air vehicles and the sniper rifle. It's easy to traverse with, but on a decent map the available counters are as hard as they get.

The cost: The jetpack "hopping" is highly dependent on map geometry. The best spaces tend to force Jetpack users to sidetrack or to exhaust the ability over and over again to get to a desirable portion of the map, which breaks up what you describe as "getting from point A to point B [in] a straight line". Such pathing introduces a flow just as genuine as the one encountered solely on foot, and is only as broken as the individual map. This doesn't singularly apply to Halo either, there are other examples of how "bullshit new routes" can form a balanced and integral part of gameplay, with both risk and cost in play.

10529-rocket_jump_large.jpg

Woorloog

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
Apparently lol

Well it has to be someone else on here that owns Halo 2 Vista besides me.
I have it too. Not installed though... Been a year or so since i last played, and never multiplayer (or maybe once?).

ElRenoRaven

wwm0nkey said:
I bet its just Tashi lol

I dunno. Frankie says that and look at his motto. I like Sprinkles!!! or something like that. Now who used the word Sprinkles in reply to a post around here? Huh? Huh? huh Frankie? Or should we call you Mr Dongblain?

Top Bottom