• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
ncsuDuncan said:
Awesome stuff. Video has me even more pumped for both Glasslands and Primordium.

Recorded an awesome 40 minute chat with Karen Traviss earlier this morning that actually talks about some of the characters in the book for the first time. Very interesting stuff, and that should be hitting your earholes soon.

We're going to get our hands on the Title Update at Halo Fest. Has that been specifically mentioned before? I figured we might, but I don't remember 343 coming out and saying it before this panel.

Zeouterlimits said:
Yeah, all the BTB matches were dire. Dem gametypes.

It's so bad I'd really rather play anything else. Most maps you either spawn in sniper fire or way out in the open and get splattered. If you're actually trying it takes a lifetime to get the other side if you're not killed on the way there. Then you just encounter a bunch of people camping base anyway.

Fuckin' trident kept spawning me on the damn bomb platform. Sniped. Ad infinitum.

wwm0nkey

Hitmonchan107 said:
We're going to get hands-on with the Title Update at Halo Fest. Has that been specifically mentioned before? I figured we might, but I don't remember 343 coming out and saying it before this panel.
I think it was mentioned a bit before or that might have just been all of us assuming.

Good to hear that those of you going will be able to try it out.

I love drunk hypah <3. That is such an awesome guy. I don't know any person, who doesn't love drunk hypah <3. He is so annoying but so funny too. :)

FyreWulff

Hitmonchan107 said:
We're going to get our hands on the Title Update at Halo Fest. Has that been specifically mentioned before? I figured we might, but I don't remember 343 coming out and saying it before this panel.

One would assume that also means at least one of the new-old maps is going to be playable too. Hopefully more than one, once you played Assembly for the 50th time at PAX08 there wasn't much reason to come back to the Bungie booth :p

ElRenoRaven

lybertyboy said:
So, that's actually part three. YouTube decided to skip the order they rendered them out.

Yea. Youtube is stupid like that. This reminds me. I know we don't say it enough around here and some of us ok me are very hard on your guys but you guys and gals at 343 really do kick ass. I'm very glad you're continuing to engage the community that Bungie built with Halo. So for being the awesome people all of you are I thank you.

That said I'm back to minecraft till part 2 is up. lol

Dug

Banned
Hypertrooper said:
I love drunk hypah <3. That is such an awesome guy. I don't know any person, who doesn't love drunk hypah <3. He is so annoying but so funny too. :)
I've never experienced drunk Hyper. Am I missing out?

Well that was a fun 4.5 hours of Halo in which we saw some of the best and absolute worst bits in Reach MP.

Good god is BTB bad in its current state.

Kuroyume

Banned
What's the most important thing Halo 4 should not do? Bloom or slow player movement? Bloom is terrible but playing Classic the other day reminded me of how much better Reach could be if you didn't move like a snail. I guess also not having armor abilities helped because people couldn't just armor lock or evade from me. Need to play some more classic games.

Kibbles

lybertyboy said:
Hanging out the passengers side of his best friends Warthog...
ncsuDuncan said:
Are they playing in Premium Battle?

Because then it would be "DLC - No Scrubs".
lol nice.

Played some Team Classic earlier today, felt good. I hope Halo 4's default speed is similar. Everyone on the other team quit my last game except one guy, which allowed me to get the 3 assassinations, because he wasn't playing. :p Then he quit.

This may be my first time posting in here even though there have been 5 OTs :p
Anyway, my sides were splitting lol

Classic Slayer on Noble Creek
At 4:18

Gvb7x.jpg

At the end

jLaog.jpg

I camped my ass off for the last 30 seconds lol

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Kibbles said:
Protip: WMV files render as they upload on youtube.

Yeah, pretty much the same thing with h.264. I was saying render when what I meant was finish out the upload queue.

Dug

Banned
Hydranockz said:
Woah that's amazing. Rockin' the Gaf tag too I see :p
I rocked it from some time, but with my gamertag it would be wrong to change from N64. ( I still wonder why you couldn't use it in 3 but you could in Reach.)

Zeouterlimits said:

The cycle continues.

Yes, yes it is very bad. It's been bad since day one. It is still bad. Vehicle combat is awful (mongoose, ghost, warthog) or broken (banshee, scorpion). Maps are either boring, unbalanced, nonsensical or all of the above. I've said this before: I feel sorry for people who loved BTB in Halo 3 who are now stuck with BTB in Reach. If you've given up on Reach's MP please come back for Halo 4. The playerbase needs you.

Edit: Is it just a coincidence that at this moment the Waypoint Youtube channel has 117 videos?

GhaleonEB

Zeouterlimits said:
Well that was a fun 4.5 hours of Halo in which we saw some of the best and absolute worst bits in Reach MP.

It's the best it's been since Reach came out, but it could still use a lot of attention. Most of the time, "none of the above" is the best option - for both voting rounds. I think BTB's maximum potential is capped pretty low given the vehicles and maps, but could be improved further.

Kibbles

lybertyboy said:
Yeah, pretty much the same thing with h.264. I was saying render when what I meant was finish out the upload queue.
Oh, I see. I thought it was just stuck in rendering/processing/whatever.

I fucking hate the grenad... I meant nukes in the game. Everytime I don't get killed by weapon, it is always a fu**ing grenade. Grenades must be nerfed...

kylej

Banned
Matched up against the same horrendous laggy Canadians twice in a row.

Prefer good connection on. Holy cow this game is a turd. Frankie save us.

TrounceX

Hypertrooper said:
I fucking hate the grenad... I meant nukes in the game. Everytime I don't get killed by weapon, it is always a fu**ing grenade. Grenades must be nerfed...

No the grenades in Reach are the best.

I'm that guy who gets the most lucky random grenade kills every game. It's so nice.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Hitmonchan107 said:

I had always guessed that for some time. TU playable on some of the CEA maps.

WIN.

edit: Pretty sure the panel parts being mixed up is on purpose:

part 3
part 4
upload part 3 again for extra win

Top Bottom