• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

lybertyboy said:
I apologize in advance for the audio. There were technical issues outside of our control.

We're working to get fixed audio from the Con. That could take a little while so in the meantime we're uploading to YouTube for you all.
It seems to only be a problem with Frankie. :lol

I'm know I'm going to do a terrible job with liveblogging the PAX panels, but there were so many details that could've been picked up by the G4 journalist.

Greg Bear is going to be a pain to quote. :^)

FyreWulff said:
Score Attack quits do not count against the quit ban.

Maybe if you share your gamertag then I can figure out if you're being unfairly punished.

Speaking of score attack I never got an answer to my why is sniper attack so rare question.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
FyreWulff said:
I hope I can get to PAX.

And then burn a question imitating a 10 year old asking why there's no BR in Halo: CEA
Hah, do it. That would be hilarious. Pretend you don't know it's a remake and accuse them of recycled environments and lazy writing.

Ramirez

FyreWulff said:
I hope I can get to PAX.

And then burn a question imitating a 10 year old asking why there's no BR in Halo: CEA

StoneColdHAHAHA.gif

wwm0nkey

Hitmonchan107 said:
Duncan's selling a Friday and a Sunday pass for face value.

And there's still the 20 3-day passes being given away by Halo Waypoint.
hmmmm, I might just be willing to take that pass if that means only sitting out Saturday and a flight there is pretty cheap compared to what I payed for to go to E3.

Sai-kun

Banned
All of us: "oh oh oh oh oh"

Devo: "don't jinx it!"

All of us: "...."

Waiting for Zeouterlimits to start the game

All of us: "Yaaayy!"

The SDCC HaloUniverse Part 1 is online? Can't wait to watch it tomorrow. Other question I'm going to be online in 1hour and 45minutes. If anyone is online, I hope you will invite me :)

Woorloog

Banned
Devolution said:
CTF on ABridged isn't tedious at all.

=/
Ah, Abridged. One of the... umm, two custom maps (Trident being the other one) in BTB that are all right.
Wouldn't care about the game mode if i'd get to play it for a change. (While wishing that i'd get Abridged. When playing, i'd hope it'd be just Slayer in case it would be something else.)

Hey You

Jack Scofield said:
Yeah, which is why being penalized for quitting out of a one-player playlist is ridiculous. One of those "don't quit" warnings popped-up in the middle of a Score Attack session, and I just had to see what would happen if I quit the match. Surely Bungie isn't stupid enough to punish players who quit what is ostensibly a single-player experience.

Sure enough, "you have been temporarily banned from matchmaking." Really? Really?

Dunno what to tell you, it happened.
You don't penalized for quitting out of Score Attack games..

Woorloog

Banned
Hey You said:
You don't penalized for quitting out of Score Attack games..
Yes, you get. I've gotten that "you've quit too many games" just by quitting Score Attack (while trying to get a match i like)

Devolution said:

=/

One of the Community Cartographers criteria was "Tedium". The first time I played that map was in GAFCustoms and within 10 seconds everyone in the game said "this is stupid and boring, there is no way this makes it into regular MM". From the beginning you know the end.

Woorloog said:
Ah, Abridged. One of the... umm, two custom maps (Trident being the other one) in BTB that are all right.
Wouldn't care about the game mode if i'd get to play it for a change. (While wishing that i'd get Abridged. When playing, i'd hope it'd be just Slayer in case it would be something else.)

All right? Just got forced to play a neutral bomb on it too. So bad.

Hey You

Woorloog said:
Yes, you get. I've gotten that "you've quit too many games" just by quitting Score Attack (while trying to get a match i like)
No you don't. I've never gotten that message from Score Attack games, its possible that the message is popping up from previous days that you must have quit from other playlists.

I'm trying to dig up a quote by an employee on BNet.

FyreWulff

Bregmann Roche said:
One of the Community Cartographers criteria was "Tedium".

I don't recall that directive in the Community Cartographers guidelines post.

*checks CC forum*

Oh there it is! It's right under "Each map must feature at least a single killball as part of the map layout" and "Map must contain secret weapon cache of Pro Pipes and Rocket Launchers for use by Urk".

Wait.

*cleans monitor*

Oh, they wanted Medium maps, not Tedium maps.

Shit, sorry about that.

Sai-kun

Banned
FyreWulff said:

*checks CC forum*

Oh there it is! It's right under "Each map must feature at least a single killball as part of the map layout" and "Map must contain secret weapon cache of Pro Pipes and Rocket Launchers for use by Urk".

Wait.

*cleans monitor*

Shit, sorry about that.

what is even this post

FyreWulff said:

*checks CC forum*

Wait.

*cleans monitor*

Shit, sorry about that.
Did you have to fight back with even more sarcasm?

Nutter

Devolution said:

=/
Why are you playing BTB?

I have yet to see a community map that is above average.

Zeouterlimits said:
Remember folks; he does this because he loves annoying people on the internets.

FyreWulff

Zeouterlimits said:

... that post wasn't supposed to be taken seriously.

I'll remember to use [joke] [/joke] tags next time.

Abridged isn't even a CC map. It's a Forgetacular map.

FyreWulff said:

*checks CC forum*

Wait.

*cleans monitor*

Shit, sorry about that.
I smiled. It looked like this: :^)

FyreWulff

Speaking of which, if I make it to PAX, I'll be bringing my hard drive so the Halo Freeplay Enforcer (Zeke) can use community maps (CC, and all finished ones I've seen on GAF and HBO and PA) on the LAN. Which also means we'll have access to the new gametypes aswell.

Unfortunately do to the offline lock for films in Reach I can't save the films and upload them like I did for previous Halo 3 Halo Freeplays, I'll have to wait until I get a good direct capture solution and record them that way.

FyreWulff said:
Speaking of which, if I make it to PAX, I'll be bringing my hard drive so the Halo Freeplay Enforcer (Zeke) can use community maps (CC, and all finished ones I've seen on GAF and HBO and PA) on the LAN. Which also means we'll have access to the new gametypes aswell.

Unfortunately do to the offline lock for films in Reach I can't save the films and upload them like I did for previous Halo 3 Halo Freeplays, I'll have to wait until I get a good direct capture solution and record them that way.

You would openly subject people to forged community maps?

FyreWulff

Steelyuhas said:
You would openly subject people to forged community maps?

If you want to only play on disc maps, the poorly run Halo tournament is where you should be going. Freeplay has always been off the beaten path for gametypes.

Every PAX I go to, I help manage the gametypes and maps for the Enforcer in charge. He's made gametypes that were headshots only, AR/Brute Shot start on Snowbound, Snipers + Lasers with different score bonuses, etc, normal games in between.

Only maps that hold up in 4 player can be used though. I'd definitely be making special PAX versions where I unceremoniously object-reduce (don't need to care too much since it'd be a variant used for "one night only") until the framerate becomes stable for 4 player.

Top Bottom