• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Naw, the man's a genius

IdBVY.png

Did you know that George Lucas' original idea for Temple of Doom was for it to take place in a haunted castle?

The reason why KotCS turned out badly because Spielberg didn't care and ran with whatever George thought of.

Gui_PT

Did you know that George Lucas' original idea for Temple of Doom was for it to take place in a haunted castle?

The reason why KotCS turned out badly because Spielberg didn't care and ran with whatever George thought of.

Yes I did know that. It's amazing to realize the shitty George movies are the ones he got away with whatever he wanted to do.

The good ones just consisted of other people telling him that his ideas were crap and needed to be changed.

According to Red Letter Media's review, his original idea for Indiana Jones involved aliens and an alien sidekick for Indy. But I can't take anything in those reviews seriously, so I'm not sure if that's true(considering this last Indy movie, it's true).

wwm0nkey

Bungies new game sounds like a POE with MMO elements. Kind of like ChromeHounds.

We know a few things about the game.

1) Its online focused (the leaker used term MMO but we know thats not true)
2) There are many sides in the game (which you probably have to choose one of)
3) A world that is always there with you (probably tacking and keeping updated on the war)
4) O Brave New Vidoc showed us that bungies new tools can create maps easily which would be good for a game that would have a ChromeHounds like online mode.

So I am saying the new game is going to be a POE which is close enough to a MMO, just with less people at once.

wwm0nkey

Did I miss A leak?

The original Destiny leak from a contractor outed the code name and name of the game which we now know are accurate. Its safe to assume the fired contractor was right when he said MMO but I dont think he meant MMO in the traditional sense.

Computron

qrNdo.jpg

Still inoperable 48 hours later *sigh*

I think at this point an FNG must have tripped over the power cable and they're waiting for a PSU to be shipped in :lol

Last time they updated Live systems (for the new dashboard update a few years back) they permanently knocked out the voice chat in H2V. Do Beacons and other new features work with old Windows Live games or are they causing more problems?

ElRenoRaven

Last time they updated Live systems (for the new dashboard update a few years back) they permanently knocked out the voice chat in H2V. Do Beacons and other new features work with old Windows Live games or are they causing more problems?

No they didn't. It was up to each game to update. With Hired Gun long gone Microsoft never updated it to use the new codec. You can still voice chat but only with other Halo 2 vista players. That's last I read anyway. I'll double check to see if they changed that.

Computron

What? You mean in-game or party chat? Last time I was on, you could not hear anyone in-game, only in private/party chat. Shadowrun players also had problems talking across systems (PC to XBOX)

FyreWulff

What? You mean in-game or party chat? Last time I was on, you could not hear anyone in-game, only in private/party chat. Shadowrun players also had problems talking across systems (PC to XBOX)

From what I remember it's the other way around. When they went to the new codec/party system, private chat broke for GFWL <-> XBOX.

They've yet to ever update GFWL to support party chat. Glad my Live subscription money is going towards paying for free UFC showings!

wwm0nkey

From what I remember it's the other way around. When they went to the new codec/party system, private chat broke for GFWL <-> XBOX.

They've yet to ever update GFWL to support party chat. Glad my Live subscription money is going towards paying for free UFC showings!

I think we actually have to wait for XBL on Windows 8 before we get party chat on PC. GFWL is pretty much dead and they are relaunching it with Windows 8.

I will if you want me to, for starters, the star wars 3d thing is pretty awesome. Why are people complaining, Star Wars in IMAX? Yes please.

Hooray for paying $12+ to see a movie you know is bad with a gimmick that doesn't add anything!

I think Lucas is trolling me because it comes out on my birthday. What a gut punch.

All the prequel movies are all great, 2 is the weakest.

Star wars talk? Star wars talk.

Knights of the old republic 1 tells one of the best star wars stories ever created much better than the movies. The force unleashed 1-2 are vastly unappreciated in terms of story.
Republic Commando Universe tells a story that should of been a much larger focus in the movies that of the regular troopers.

The movies while nice are nothing compared to some of the EU works, The prequel trilogy gets alot of shit from "fans" who are either following the loudest voices or heavily influenced by a case of rose tinted glasses, The original trilogy while good is a bit thin in terms of actual story development and in my opinion surrounded in too much hype caused by the older generations.

Of the prequel movies, 1 is the most memorable, 3 the most forgettable and 2 the most uneventful.

Im 21 and iv never seen any of them in the cinema for various reasons. Iv watched all of them multiple times and honestly the story told is nothing special. The EU makes star wars for me .

Star wars talk? Star wars talk.

Knights of the old republic 1 tells one of the best star wars stories ever created much better than the movies. The force unleashed 1-2 are vastly unappreciated in terms of story.
Republic Commando Universe tells a story that should of been a much larger focus in the movies that of the regular troopers.

The movies while nice are nothing compared to some of the EU works, The prequel trilogy gets alot of shit from "fans" who are either following the loudest voices or heavily influenced by a case of rose tinted glasses, The original trilogy while good is a bit thin in terms of actual story development and in my opinion surrounded in too much hype caused by the older generations.

Of the prequel movies, 1 is the most memorable, 3 the most forgettable and 2 the most uneventful.

Im 21 and iv never seen any of them in the cinema for various reasons. Iv watched all of them multiple times and honestly the story told is nothing special. The EU makes star wars for me .

I saw all three original movies in my local movie theater in a row, before episode one came out.

How many people can say that :p.

3 is the best prequel in my opinion.

Tunavi

Banned
How much do you charge to get across this bridge, obvious troll?
haha

prequels are soooo laughably bad. Actually The only SW movie that still holds up today is Empire Strikes Back. From a plot perspective, that movie was done really well.
wasn't even written or directed by Lucas LOL

Top Bottom