• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Striker

Haha he's right though. I think everyone will agree (I just made a post about how no one would agree on anything lol) that Halo 3's sniper is more challenging to use than the Reach one, but the very nature of the snipers gametype is to hide, try to poke your head out and get some headshots. A ton of movement is not a part of the snipers gametype.

I've never played a sniper match in CE, 2, 3, or Reach that had a great deal of movement.
It was fine in 2 because of no radar. Turning radar on for it in 3 caused it to become a turtle-fest. That and I remember so much of Valhalla or High Ground Snipes is people hiding behind rocks or crates, and while they can shoot you, you can't even see them because they're sucked in to the geometry. The best part was if you did barely see them, you will shoot and see blood squirt out, but apparently it never did any damage to them because of the piss poor hit detection.

It also changed from Halo 2 to Halo 3 because of not being able to start with 2 snipers. I wanted to play snipers and not shotty snipes or Snipers with a pistol.

They eventually put in the cov sniper, but it still wasn't the same.

True the fact H3 had terrible netcode so you had to wait when you were on their head for a bit to actually get a headshot instead of a bloodshot unless you were host. Low framerate which made it take ages to get the reticule on their head did make Snipers in H3 seem harder too.

Haha he's right though. I think everyone will agree (I just made a post about how no one would agree on anything lol) that Halo 3's sniper is more challenging to use than the Reach one, but the very nature of the snipers gametype is to hide, try to poke your head out and get some headshots. A ton of movement is not a part of the snipers gametype.

I've never played a sniper match in CE, 2, 3, or Reach that had a great deal of movement.

My experience must be very out of the norm then. Sure theres a lot of holding back at times (which could happen in any playlist), but you never see people literally stand behind a wall like they can in Halo Reach.

All im saying is, Reach sniping is pretty boring, I personally think its the worst sniping in the series, the fact that people are contesting whether Halo 3 snipes is more fun is mind boggling to me, not because I disagree, I dont want to even get into that. Its mind boggling because if you dont like Reach snipes or Halo 3 snipes, then surely you agree with me in that I hope 343 tries something different next time round, rather than sticks with what Reach has set up?

Then play with Bobs99 ...?

I hate you :p

No really though, come play with me, we should have a Gaf Snipers custom some time! I just want more people here to play Halo 3. :p

Hey guys,

I have a code for the Halo: Combat Evolved: Anniversary Soundtrack. I got it via the vinyl version. And I think I have $10 coupon for Amazon.com. Something that doesn't be worth for me as a European.

I just want to look if you guys are interested in them.

Sai-kun

Banned
nvm!

Random off topic question, just because I was looking at the new Halo book on Amazon. If I pre-order it to get delivered to my TouchPad, and I entered a gift card *BEFORE* the purchase (separately, on my account profile or whatever), will it take the 12.99 or whatever amount out of my gift card? Or will I get charged for it? I was looking at the transaction page after I finished ordering it, and it still shows my credit card on there, even though I have more than enough to pay for the book with the gift card I entered.

True the fact H3 had terrible netcode so you had to wait when you were on their head for a bit to actually get a headshot instead of a bloodshot unless you were host. Low framerate which made it take ages to get the reticule on their head did make Snipers in H3 seem harder too.

Is that the correct term or are you coining it now, either way new to me and i like it, I get alot of bloodshot's for whatever reason (euro host)

Karl2177

Hey guys,

I have a code for the Halo: Combat Evolved: Anniversary Soundtrack. I got it via the vinyl version. And I think I have $10 coupon for Amazon.com. Something that doesn't be worth for me as a European.

I just want to look if you guys are interested in them.

I'd be interested in the soundtrack.

Nah.

Everyone who subscribes my youtube channel... crap. doesn't work, my channel was closed years ago. Everyone who likes my facebook fan page... Doesn't work either. Ehm.

Joke aside, I'll collect everyone who is interested in the Soundtrack and pick someone randomly. I think that it's okay? Everyone should have the opportunity to get it. So Deadline will be 12am (PST)/8am (GMT).

Homeboyd

Nah.

Everyone who subscribes my youtube channel... crap. doesn't work, my channel was closed years ago. Everyone who likes my facebook fan page... Doesn't work either. Ehm.

Joke aside, I'll collect everyone who is interested in the Soundtrack and pick someone randomly. I think that it's okay? Everyone should have the opportunity to get it. So Deadline will be 12am (PST)/8am (GMT).
Oh ok sounds good. But if it comes down to me and him as the only 2 (although highly unlikely).. he's got it.

Also,

272909002.gif

Edit: Why my gif no work (Here's the link: http://gifs.gifbin.com/272909002.gif)

My experience must be very out of the norm then. Sure theres a lot of holding back at times (which could happen in any playlist), but you never see people literally stand behind a wall like they can in Halo Reach.

All im saying is, Reach sniping is pretty boring, I personally think its the worst sniping in the series, the fact that people are contesting whether Halo 3 snipes is more fun is mind boggling to me, not because I disagree, I dont want to even get into that. Its mind boggling because if you dont like Reach snipes or Halo 3 snipes, then surely you agree with me in that I hope 343 tries something different next time round, rather than sticks with what Reach has set up?

They should only be concerned with how the sniper works and is balanced in the weapon sandbox. The snipers gametype is a fringe/niche gametype, that only uses the one weapon. If there are some other things outside of the weapon that they could do to make the gametype/playlist more fun than thats great, but the weapon itself should only be balanced to be used in the entire sandbox.

Top Bottom