• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars 2 Announced, Q4 2016, Creative Assembly (300+ emp Sega studio), Win10/XB1

Nzyme32

As long as the scope of the game isn't compromised too heavily to accommodate controllers, I'm interested in seeing what Creative Assembly do.

Careful, the fanboys are biting.

What are you trying to accomplish in this thread? Honest question.

First you come in saying the game sucks compared to PC RTS, and now you are targeting and calling fans of the franchise fanboys, when no one was a dick to you.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Akai__

First you come in saying the game sucks compared to PC RTS, and now you are targeting and calling fans of the franchise fanboys, when no one was a dick to you.

Seems like classic PC Master Race trolling. Don't bother.

Lingitiz

Not sure what the issue is here. It's fine to show trepidation for controller based RTS games, but there's people in here telling you that they enjoyed Halo Wars for what it was even with the simplified approach.

No need to call people who liked that fanboys.

Yes because comments like this being disputed is only due to fanboys.

Nto saying it's not possible, but everytime an RTS has made it to consoles, it's been a lackluster affair, and a game that proves to be boring on PC - simply because it's all been dumbed down for gamepads.

Battle for Middle Earth 2 and C&C3 were both games that played very well on PC (hell, BFME1 was more console suited than the sequel - 2 was more complex) and worked fine on console too. I don't remember either of those games being dumbed down for controllers.

Omega

Banned

Not sure what the issue is here. It's fine to show trepidation for controller based RTS games, but there's people in here telling you that they enjoyed Halo Wars for what it was even with the simplified approach.

No need to call people who liked that fanboys.

Kinthalis is the SpeedyBlueDude of PC.

just ignore it. we're not all like him

TimmiT

Hey guys, remember the last time Creative Assembly tried to make a cross platform RTS?

20290310125_97c6f5f220_b.jpg

That was made by Creative Assembly's Australian branche, which closed down after making the (underrated) Castle of Illusion remake.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Who asks for this???

Me.

Very nice announcement indeed.

The first Halo Wars was ignored as it aimed a rather clever use of the IP at a demographic that frankly don't buy RTS games. Getting the game on PC as well as Xbox for the sequel makes lots of sense, as does the studio.

Looking forward to this.

leeh

Never really put that much time into the first but I love RTS' and I can't wait to play this one. Love playing RTS online.

Harlock

They should do PC/MAC only. With all the moba stuff, the world needs a good new RTS, but will not reach that if is build to work with console joystick.

So excited for this. Good to see a console RTS again as well. There were some that showed promise last gen. Will be playing this on console and PC.

GavinGT

Banned
They should do PC/MAC only. With all the moba stuff, the world needs a good new RTS, but will not reach that if is build to work with console joystick.

The whole allure of Halo Wars is that's it's a slimmed-down RTS. Small armies, fewer unit types, simplified base building, and less focus on micro is what made the first game so enjoyable. They don't need to turn it into every other PC RTS. There's still plenty of strategy, but my friends and I can jump into Halo Wars once every 6 months and not feel like we've been left in the dust.

SparkTR

If rumors are to be believed, Dawn of War 3 is coming. That'll be likely what you're after.

No idea I thought the first one was pretty average.

I was. The first game was pretty fun and sokid for a console rts. I'm not saying it was the best in comparison to the big guns on PC but it was a good time. Now it is on a more powerful system and on pc and xbox one so even better.

They have to keep the game simple like the first one. That was mostly why I liked it so much. I hope having kbm support doesn't mean overly complicated controls.

It has to work with a controller

Top Bottom