• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars 2 Beta Live on PC (12GB) [Up: And Xbox One]

opricnik

Banned
Still cant get this game to even run decently on a 2GB 960 no matter what I do.

I play on laptop with 840m 2GB in it. Your card alone 2x my card. Change your settings a bit.

Also i uninstalled beta . This mode is so bad i cant even fathom who is this made for. Not certainly for whose new for RTS because all they do select all units with Q and move to capture point and die because of turrets..

I want to experience real RTS experience never played Halo Wars on 360. Sucks that i cant buy Halo Wars 1 separately before launch.

Still will have my eyes on this game but beta is blunder just like TITANFALL 2 beta soured from game.

m23

Less than a month to go, the hype is real!

Can't believe I'm enjoying this mode. When it was revealed I thought wtf is this crap, until I finally played it. My main modes will still be campaign and the regular PvP but I'll definitely jump into this mode every once in a while.

If anyone wants to play sometime today or when the game launches, add me up.

GT is under my profile.

Theorry

Less than a month to go, the hype is real!

Can't believe I'm enjoying this mode. When it was revealed I thought wtf is this crap, until I finally played it. My main modes will still be campaign and the regular PvP but I'll definitely jump into this mode every once in a while.

If anyone wants to play sometime today or when the game launches, add me up.

GT is under my profile.

Weird we cant preload the game yet. Most of the times if a goes gold we can do it. Or they are maybe waiting for the beta to end so avoid confusing with installs.

Werd

The W10 Store Page for Ultimate Edition says it is available to play 6 PM Central on the 16th, so only two and a half weeks. Which pre-loaded on PC several days ago at 26 gb.

I don't think the mode would very work transplanted into HW1, but all the added unit mechanics/micro make the combat stand up for me as the focus of a game type. Not sure how much I'll play it in the full version, but I like having it available. Got to level 17 for the beta, did almost all the daily/weekly challenges.

Also, I didn't notice until the last few days that you could create control groups and queue movement with the "advanced" controls holding the right trigger. Glad those are in the console version.

Theorry

In celebration of the launch of Halo Wars 2, Xbox and 343 Industries have partnered with three famed artists for a limited edition poster series. Each artist uses their unique style to capture the memorable characters of Halo Wars 2.
Read more at http://news.xbox.com/2017/02/02/hal...z-craig-drake-kevin-tong/#JQX3L0fshVkvhtrJ.99

Keep an eye on the Xbox and Halo Twitter channels over the next few weeks leading up to the launch of Halo Wars 2 on Feb. 21 to see if the Halo Wars 2 original art is popping up in your city and to learn how to snag a limited-edition print or full set of all six posters in the series!
Read more at http://news.xbox.com/2017/02/02/hal...z-craig-drake-kevin-tong/#JQX3L0fshVkvhtrJ.99

HW2-Art-Series-Hero-1.jpg

Gabz-Art.jpg

Atriox-Kevin-Tong-for-Xbox-Wire.jpg

Cutter-Kevin-Tong-for-Xbox-Wire.jpg

Craig-Drake-Art.png

Theorry

HALO WARS 2 BLITZ BETA
Wow, it’s hard to believe that ten full days of the Blitz Beta have come and gone so quick! Many, many players jumped at the chance to take Blitz for a test drive on Xbox One and Windows 10 and we’ve gathered a ton of great feedback, bug reports and game data to help the development team.

As the beta fades into the distance Dan Ayoub, 343's Studio Head of Strategy Games Development, passed along the following note for our community:

“On behalf of the entire Halo Wars 2 team I want to extend a huge thank you to everyone who participated in the Blitz beta! Your feedback and the data we gathered during the beta is critical to helping us make Halo Wars 2 as awesome as possible when it launches on Feb. 21. I hope you’ll continue to share your thoughts and feedback for the rest of Halo Wars 2 when you experience the full game in just a few short weeks. See you online!”

I don’t know about you but I love a good infographic. Thankfully the team has us covered with this sweet snapshot of some of the more memorable statistics from the Blitz Beta:

blitzbeta-infographic-inline-655da8bb75414f6a979be1ce81597434.jpg

TOP PLAYERS
A huge shout out goes to RTS YODA VIDS for earning the title of the player with the most wins of anyone in the entire Blitz Beta! That is a SERIOUSLY IMPRESSIVE amount of wins. I’d also like to give a shout out to our top standing players on our playlist leaderboards:

Windows 10

1v1 Playlist : Nib7221 w/ 279 wins
2v2 Playlist: SoH 44 Instinct w/ 226 wins
3v3 Playlist: S1E3P1E5SX77 w/ 204 wins
Xbox One

1v1 Playlist: xSSx Cryptic w/ 511 wins
2v2 Playlist: COOL Skidda w/ 370 wins
3v3 Playlist: RTS YODA VIDS w/ 598 wins

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/cetacean-celebration

Top Bottom