• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hans Zimmer, Unsatisfied with Batfleck, Really Misses Christian Bale’s Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still say they should give Nolan and Bale a blank check to return for the continuation of that universe.

It could be set many years after the events of The Dark Knight Rises, Bruce Wayne, old and worn down, is forced out of retirement to save Gotham from Red Hood. After getting his ass kicked, realizes he needs to train the new Batman.

BOOM Batman Beyond set in the Nolan universe.
You could even kill Bale off at the end, so he wouldn't have to be signed on for more than one movie.

Still say they should give Nolan and Bale a blank check to return for the continuation of that universe.

It could be set many years after the events of The Dark Knight Rises, Bruce Wayne, old and worn down, is forced out of retirement to save Gotham from Red Hood. After getting his ass kicked, realizes he needs to train the new Batman.

You could even kill Bale off at the end, so he wouldn't have to be signed on for more than one movie.

The Logan of Batman films.

jtb

Banned
If Ben's turn as Batman doesn't inspire them to do their best work and what results is a middling product, sure.

Plenty of bad movies have great soundtracks. (Like every M. Night movie falls into this category)

If Zimmer can't get the job done, then he should hire better ghostwriters.

I don't understand why they'd even bring Zimmer onboard for Batman again in the first place. The guy already put his marknon the character. It's not like he's going to bring anything new to the table at this point. Same goes for Danny Elfman or even Elliot Goldenthal. They ought to have brought someone completely new in.

If you're going to do that, you may as well go all the way and set it way in the future and get Clint Eastwood in there instead, with flashbacks to Balebats or something.

wetwired

In the meantime, hire David Fincher, pick up after TDKR with JLG taking up the mantle of Batman, struggling to run the orphanage (wayne manor) overrun with kids a after the events of TDKR. He's more of a detective Batman and struggling to take up the mantle, literally failing in places. With a Se7en-like plot, tracking down a serial killer (Riddler), following clues throughout a ruined, rebuilding Gotham, throw in some corporate conspiracy- killing people off for contracts and land to rebuild gotham.

/Fan dream

500x1000px-LL-1b217d51_tumblr_mb5pk9YpHb1rh9txfo1_500.gif

Maybe Ben isn't as good as Nolan as to not just getting to the coolness of Batman but also the emotional core.

There are reasons why the most powerful moments of the Nolan trilogy are the emotional ones rather than the epic looking ones.

Except they're contrived bullshit.

"Hey catwoman, let's go have a coffee; Alfred will be there today and I want to fulfill a lifelong fantasy for him"

Except they're contrived bullshit.

"Hey catwoman, let's go have a coffee; Alfred will be there today and I want to fulfill a lifelong fantasy for him"
Is coincidence not a thing in your world? Have you never coincidentally come across a friend you haven't seen in the longest while? Also, it's a movie, they're full of "contrived bullshit".

wetwired

Is coincidence not a thing in your world? Have you never coincidentally come across a friend you haven't seen in the longest while? Also, it's a movie, they're full of "contrived bullshit".

Or more realistically, Bruce, being a fucking detective would know where Alfred would be, since you know, he told him, and made a point to be there to show Alfred, the one person he cared for who was still alive that he was OK

rekameohs

Banned
People love the movies yea, but when is Bale's Batman referenced in anyway that isn't raspy voiced mocking "where is he?!" quotes and shit like this:

all_about_batman_640_71.jpg

No doubt the movies he was apart of were good but nobody is waxing poetic about that actual character.
This might come as a shock, but there are memes of critically acclaimed characters, too. See: Charles Foster Kane clapping

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
1. Keaton
2. Bale
3. Kilmer
4. Affleck
5. West
6. Clooney

1. Nolan
2. Burton
3. Martinson
4. Shumacher
5. Snyder

Joke post? Ninjas and elite societies exist. Hallucinogens exist. 'Roided up strong man is a very small stretch of reality.

You're really comparing aliens and super powers to these things?
not a joke post and yes i am comparing such things. a ninja-illuminati society exists that claims to be responsible for the destruction of Rome, London, and the black plague?

and people in the world exist that can punch through concrete unscathed?
Clearly you can tell the difference, you're just being obtuse for the sake of it.
clearly you can't read my thoughts, which is, i don't care how much nolan or fucking anyone says that trilogy is "grounded in reality" because based off the shit I said, it's not.
You can't tell the difference between fantastic but grounded in reality between regular fantasy?
in reality there are no ninja illuminati groups hidden in society nor are there normal people who punch through concrete and if you believed such things/people existed, you'd be a conspiracy theorist

HeelPower

I never liked Bale's Bat. Probably the worst iteration of the character.

Makes sense for Zimmer to like him though.The movies brought them so much success whereas BvS was met with so much criticism.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
clearly you can't read my thoughts, which is, i don't care how much nolan or fucking anyone says that trilogy is "grounded in reality" because based off the shit I said, it's not.

Nobody's disagreeing with you, there!

jb1234

Who can blame him? I can't think of many examples where a composer has made his mark on a franchise and is then asked to come up with a second take for a character. And Zimmer was already showing signs of superhero burnout in the Nolan films.

Renekton

Nolan's Batman is derpy, clumsy and stiff.

Weak CQC, poor detective skills, forced raspy voice.

He makes Batman look like a pansy.

Betty

Banned
Affleck is leagues ahead of Bale. It's not even a question.

His Bruce is woeful and in the suit he looks fat, his exposed mouth is the biggest issue, the stubble makes him look unkempt and messy and the skintag/mole on his right cheek feels like something that would be too distinguishing for Batman to have if he's trying to keep his identity hidden.

Bale's Begins version of Batman is far superior to Batfleck in stature and appearance, and in the other two movies his Batman is more intense than Ben's.

Also as a character, Batfleck is turgid.

With a better script/plot, maybe he'd have done better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom