• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harvest Moon 64 also hitting the North American Wii U Virtual Console on Thursday

Now we know the Virtual Console solution for Switch! Just buy a Wii-U!
/s

This is awesome news. Please mean that N64 support on Switch will come sooner rather than later.

DylanEno

Just in time!

Moon-fall.jpg

God dammit if I knew I could play HM64 again I would have just stolen my friend's Wii U :C
Switch better get VC I swair 'fo gawd.

I'd love to pick this up, but I will wait until there's confirmation that purchases will transfer to Switch. I'd really prefer to play this on the go.

This is absolutely HUGE news.

While I still have my N64 cartridge, this will be a Day 1 purchase.
Harvest Moon 64 is the best Harvest Moon game

Thats good and all. Switch VC information dump when? Will HM64 be available on Switch too? If I buy it on WiiU now will I be able to play it on Switch in a couple of weeks?

Switch please! Please. Nintendo. Get your act together. Launch Switch VC with the existing 3DS/Wii-U VC library. You have/had plenty of time to figure it out with Hudson, Konami and Capcom.

enoki

I deeply hope we see HM64 on the Switch... with where I am right now, I can't justify owning both consoles. :(

kunonabi

Really wish they could have put this out back on the wii. This will probably be the only N64 game I buy on the wii u. The cart is just too expensive.

Would be interested but I'm getting a switch next week and I'll be unplugging the U. I hope the switch doesn't lower the brightness to 0 like it does for every n64 game on u.

_h8bit

Banned
Happy this is getting released but isn't this kinda the same game as FOMT? I'm just curious why one would play HM64 over that one.

DonShula

Happy for y'all but I'm sitting here wondering how Natsume is announcing VC games for Wii U while Nintendo is not even acknowledging VC exists for the Switch, which releases in 11 days.

enoki

Happy this is getting released but isn't this kinda the same game as FOMT? I'm just curious why one would play HM64 over that one.

No, BTN is closer to FOMT than 64.

Moondrop is still my favorite of all the locations in any Harvest Moon game. There's this underlying distopia in the village that none of the other games had. If I could play only one HM title for the rest of my life, it'd be between 64 and BTN.

asagami_

Banned
Happy for y'all but I'm sitting here wondering how Natsume is announcing VC games for Wii U while Nintendo is not even acknowledging VC exists for the Switch, which releases in 11 days.

Other user reminded us in the other thread that Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns (from the real Harvest Moon/Bokujō Monogatari devs) come out the next week.

So it's more fishy this situation from Natsume in fact.

This is literally just Natsume confirming Harvest Moon 64 VC is in North America, calm down.
Switch comes out in 11 days and we still know shit about its VC service and instead of talking about it we have news of a welcomed new addition to the VC library for WiiU but, apparently, WiiU only. This is ridiculous.

Exactly. I'm not buying anything digital on WiiU until they explain how this'll work.

When did you make this decision?
Did you not buy any VC games on Wii U at all?

The fact that a thread about the Wii U VC release of one of the greatest games ever is being filled up by Switch discussion is depressing.
This is Harvest Moon 64, people!

styl3s

When did you make this decision?
Did you not buy any VC games on Wii U at all?

The fact that a thread about the Wii U VC release of one of the greatest games ever is being filled up by Switch discussion is depressing.
This is Harvest Moon 64, people!
I made the decision when i packed up my Wii-u and put it away because the Switch is coming out and i will already have to re-buy everything i already bought on Wii-U which i re-bought from the Wii. Besides, i have Stardew Valley which is filling that Harvest Moon itch i have right now. If we are lucky we will get most if not all of the Wii-U VC library the first year and not get 1-2 games a month over the course of its life.

edit- To be clear i love HM64 but even if i didn't already pack up my Wii-U i still have Horizon coming out soon, Switch, Zelda, Mass Effect and am deep into For Honor/Stardew right now and by the time i actually found time to play HM64 it will most likely already be out on Switch.

Esque7

I've been waiting since 2006. Only problem is I really don't have the time anymore for this game anymore. Dammit Natsume.

So what was the reason this wasn't released beforehand? I thought it was some compatibility error?

One of the executives said from an interview from 2010 that they ran into issues with the source code when trying to port the game. Which does make me wonder how they were able to get the game up and running. Maybe it was issues with the Wii hardware? Or were the finally able to fix the source code problems? Or they used an alternative source (a ROM, presumably) to the game up to the VC.

e: Apparently executives said in a 2015 interview that technical issues prevented the game from coming to the Wii U VC too. So....what exactly happened that they were able to now get the game up on there?

El Sabroso

OMG, they even got same week for NA, SE was quick with Ogre Battle 64, now Natsume having same week for Harves Moon 64 is even more godlike, will download DAY 1

The Big N

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Oj0iqra9Y
Sums up my childhood. Wasted so many hours playing this game. Part of me thinks most kids today won't like the farm sims, because how long it takes to accomplish rather simple/boring tasks. However, with that being said I can't wait for Stardew Valley to come out on the Switch so I can finally play it.

Top Bottom