• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harvest Moon: It's a wonderful life.

I watched G4s review, and IMO Tommys reasons for hating the game seem really uncalled for. One of his complaints was that "The graphics were to cutesy", and "To much reading". I guess this guy LOATHES RPGs:). Anyway, can someone give me an un-biased review? It seems pretty cool, and seems like something that I'd want to play. BTW, is the music really as bad as he says?

kiryogi

Banned
Music's decent, and if you got the GBA version, you can also unlock tunes from the older games. (Nicely arranged) In any case, the lack of music is somewhat annoying. (Music only plays on your farm or during an event)

tenchir

Sounds like he's very bias against these type of games. How can the graphics be too cutesy knowing what type of game it is? He probably will say the same thing about Animal Crossing.

I can't be unbias since I like the series and the genre and it's not even a big genre, like RPGs.

AniHawk

Okay, basically, it's a farm sim. You wake up in the morning, plant things, water them, take care of your animals (start with just a cow and a dog, you can get a horse, a bull, chickens, ducks, and more). You have the choice of getting married to either one of three girls at the end of the first year. One is an "old-fashioned" wife who cleans the house and cooks dinner. There's a dumb blonde who just looks good, and isn't worth anything else. Then there's a redhead who is very smart, and isn't tied down to the house once you're married.

You make friends with other people in the community, sell food, trigger special events, and eventually raise your son there. Depending on what friends you make, you'll get special items (like hoes and sickles).

The game is laid back, even though you work hard in it, and the music reflects that. It isn't really anything which jumps out at you, it helps with the overall mood (albeit there's not a ton of variety). Sone of the characters (your main character, potential wives, etc) are done in chibi form though, which is kinda disturbing at first.

Top Bottom