• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has 2023 gone by fast for you as well?and how was this year for you?

Mondai

It's almost the end of the game and it's been one of the fastest years that's gone by in my life. This year was great for me overall, little stress (mostly health related) but aside from that. No work worries and a simply peaceful existence has made this one of the best adult years of my life.

An uneventful year but I like 'em like that.

I got my health, a job I love and a ton of games to play. Eat good & sleep good.

Also a great community to visit once in a while thanks to you Magnificent swashbuckling Bastards 🤠
9QDF9iZ.gif

Mr1999

Gold Member
I really don't know what a good year is anymore. 2023 was the year I moved thousands of miles away from a place Ive lived in all my life, over 40 years, I feel lost, but I really have no excuse because even if I went back it's not the place I remember 20 or 30 years ago so there is nothing left to miss or find again. I'm living in a much bigger place now, no more crazy car payments, no more expensive rent. I guess that's a good year, but right now im really not feeling it.

Kenpachii

Terrible and good year.

Terrible year.
- lots of financial problems at the start of the year
- got my shit destroyed in a traffic accident
- broke my legs / ribs endless recovery
- lost my work
- house on a rocky place
- depression hit me hard

Good year.
- new girlfriend
- new work
- new educations
- met a ton of new people
- lots of new goals.
- great games
- new gaming laptop
- new steam deck
- bought switch with a bunch of games

All with all, good and bad.

Last edited:

tamago84

Good
- financially great
- health is great, stronger than my prime in college years
- hormonal mood is great, mainly due to good nutrition

Bad
- no GF
- becoming incredibly selfish, lost sense of any shit giving for literally everything

Last edited:

lachesis

Well, I heard time feels like it's moving at the speed of your "age"mph. If you are 10, the speed of life = 10mph, but since I just turned 50, it's moving like 50mph. Not exactly highway speed, but still moving pretty fast.

Good
- Sort of a promotion within my company with better benefits and security
- Broke my 9yr voluntary celibacy. 1st time having a gf (who is 12yrs younger) since my divorce.
- Good health in general
- Financially doing okay
- Started playing TOTK since it's release, and Ys X on the horizon!

Bad
- teenage child's depression
- haven't had a single day of vacation... :( Feeling a bit burnt.
- house needed some repair, so spent a bit more than I should have.
- Still playing TOTK. Mostly due to lack of gaming time (only a couple hours a week)

GymWolf

So-so year in general like most past years in a while, but at least at work the turnover\total sales were more than any other year (we surpassed the 1 million euros by far it's all i'm gonna say).

Top Bottom