• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has Neogaf ever met a celebrity? Tell your stories here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric WK

Viggo Mortensen came into the pharmacy I work at today. I pulled out my Blackberry to text someone and I'm pretty sure he thought I was trying to take a photo.

Had I talked to him I'd probably just have been like "Dude, A History of Violence, like holy shit," but I didn't want to be an asshole and bother him.

AcridMeat

Banned
Cday said:
My Dad took me to a Cavaliers game during the '98-'99 season. I was chose by some lady walking around the arena to be what they called a "Cav's Courtside Kid". Basically they gave me a t-shirt, pass and let me shoot on the court after the pre game warm up. Before that we sat behind the basket where the Wizards were warming up and my Dad started talking to Tim Legler. He was nice from what I can remember. Didn't call security or anything even though he was supposed to be warming up not shooting the breeze with plebs. He so owed me after that.

You just reminded me of something similar from my childhood. My dad and I went to a Trail Blazers game (back when they had Scottie Pippen) and I was chosen to be one of those kids as well, got to do the same things. Was an awesome experience, especially since we were on vacation. :lol

Other than that I can only remember meeting Glen Pine (trombonist/singer from The Slackers) after their New Year's concert at Slim's in SF. Nice guy, very down to earth. They're coming back to Slim's in April this year, can't wait.

edit: I just remembered a time I was at a festival in San Rafael with a buddy and as we were walking to get some food an Asian man walked by us who sort of looked familiar. Without saying anything we both turned to each other as we realized we just passed by Grant from Mythbusters. We're huge fans of the show, so it was exciting. :lol

Hyphen

NYR said:
:O is my honest reaction to that story. Duuuude, she was totally hitting on you....

D4Danger said:
dude

You blew it.

Yep, yep my friends made it very clear to me how much of a doofus I was after it happened. Anyway, as far as I know, she's got a man now and a kid. So it wasn't meant to be. Atleast, that's the way I will forever look at it.

Which reminds me of something similar happening to my best friend - He's walking in the West End of London on a break from work, and he notices a really pretty girl staring at him. He's a good looking bastard with a boxer's build (he is a boxer, think Sly's build in Rocky IV, make him black, and that's my friend's physique) so it happens quite regularly to be honest. Anyway, when they finally walk up to each other she says hi, he says hi, "how are you today?", "enjoying the weather?"... blah blah. Anyway, after the usual chit chat the conversation ends abruptly with him saying something along the lines of "nice meeting you", her saying the same and smiling at him as they part company. He had a girlfriend at the time, so I was cool about it, until he tells me who it was he was talking to...

0206_femmesfoot_10.jpg

Noemie Lenoir

I'm thinking she was over here at the time she was shooting all those M&S adverts.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Oh yeah, met random skateboarding celebs in my heyday. Rick McCrank, J. B. Gillet, Bastien Salabanzi, lots of German dudes you don't know.
That was totally unspectacular though, we were just streetskating with them, really; they were making clips, and we watched a lot of the time as well.
I had this friend who was flow at a skateshop, so he usually had to come along anyway for networking and making photos and all that.

So it was as if they weren't famous, just really good skateboarders. They were amongst themselves anyway, so I guess it's no surprise.

Oozer3993

Hawkian said:
This story makes me very sad.

Oozer3993 said:
I once had a chance to maybe get a hug from Taylor Swift, but I wussed out.

This story has returned me to a normal emotive state.

You're welcome?

My sister kinda knows Kate Voegele. They have a couple friends in common and my sister has gone back stage and met her at least once.

MakgSnake

Banned
30ur2qb.jpg

Met him at X'09. Awesome personality. Very friendly and a funny guy. I was shocked for days when I met him!

I even asked him "Why do you want people to call you Cliff Bleszinski and not Cliffy B anymore"?.. He said "I dont care, I just want to fuck around with them"... too funny!!! And the first game he tried, after leaving his awesome GEARS booth... "Sonic"... and then "World at War"...

Excellent guy. I respect him more than anything now.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
me and my best friend randomly ran into steve harvey on the lower east side..he was being badgered by a someone who was trying to sell him a cell phone..we were on the same side of the intersection crossing the street..he looked over at us and said something like 'man i dont even pick up my house phone why you tryin to sell me a cell?'..he was taller then i thought he was..

Alucrid

Banned
MakgSnake said:
http://i48.tinypic.com/30ur2qb.jpg[IMG]

Met him at X'09. Awesome personality. Very friendly and a funny guy. I was shocked for days when I met him!

I even asked him "Why do you want people to call you Cliff Bleszinski and not Cliffy B anymore"?.. He said "I dont care, I just want to fuck around with them"... too funny!!! And the first game he tried, after leaving his awesome GEARS booth... "Sonic"... and then "World at War"...

Excellent guy. I respect him more than anything now.[/QUOTE]

But like, did he steal yo' girl?

My family and I were on vacation in Washington DC, and we decided to check out the Spy Museum (Would not recommend it. It's crazy expensive, and just not as good as the many other museums you can get into for free.) Anyway, as we entered the building my dad elbowed me and asked, "Isn't that the guy on NBC news?" I was thinking Brian Williams, which would have been a lot cooler. Instead it was Washington corespondent David Gregory. He was talking to the guy at the desk and then turned towards us. He walked our way and I was kind of expecting a "Hi, how you doing?" or a "Watch NBC News." Instead he sort of gave me a nudge so he could get out the door. Not a word, not a smile. Maybe he had to get to a camera or something, but it seemed pretty rude.

whitehawk

Banned
MakgSnake said:
What does that even mean? I am so lost!
There was a thread recently where Cliffy B stole a GAFers girl on new years eve. CliffyB posted, there was a burn, and then there were lulz to be had.

Met Brendan Fehr & Walter Gretzky at a restaurant that I used to work at. (Not at the same time.)

Fehr was really nice and laid back. (I didn't recognize him, a friend pointed out who he was after he left.)

Gretzky was quite popular when he came in, people were swarming him for autographs like crazy. Very gracious and amiable, telling people stories and signing various napkins and scraps of paper.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just had a cool little experience I thought I'd share. So, I work a desk job at a hotel and our modest little city is having a few comedy shows this weekend. The most notable person in town, for me at least, is Jeff Garlin of Curb Your Enthusiasm. I love that show. Anyways, he's staying at our hotel and I just got to meet him. He's a really nice dude, we talked for a little while and he hooked me up with tickets to his show tomorrow night. Also, he was with another guy who looked familiar...I just realized it was Tom Kenny, most known as the voice of Spongebob Squarepants. This all just happened like an hour ago so I'm still jittery over it.

It's not like meeting Tom fuckin Cruise or something but it's a pretty big deal for me considering where I live and that I'm a big Curb fan.

Salsa

Danny Glover, Michael Mann, Mark Ruffalo, they were cool, saw Colin Farrel but didnt talk to him too. I live in southamerica so not that many opportunities.

But these are relatives of mine:

j8idcl.jpg

zssbiv.jpg

hsin

Banned
Bob White said:
natasha khan
bat-for-lashes.jpg

:D She's so nice. Just walked up to us and starting talking. Said she was going to play on Jimmy Kimmel and other random things.

Jealousy is setting in.

mj1108

I met David Letterman the last time he did a week of shows in Los Angeles (15 years ago). I ran into him in the CBS parking lot. We had just a quick, friendly exchange of words and I got a picture. I had tickets for that day's taping and the show was awesome. :D

I met Scott Skiles (former NBA player and current Coach of the Bucks) at the South Bend airport. It was like the middle of the night and I was waiting to get my bags. I just looked over and was like "Oh, thats Scott Skiles." Knowing that he's not a very friendly guy I just said "Hey" when he looked over.

I also walked past Steve Buscemi and Casey Affleck. They worked on a movie called Lonesome Jim at the town I went to high school. I knew they were out filming so I went out to see if they were around. I saw Steve Buscemi and walked past him, saw that he was with Casey Affleck. They both looked over at me and I gave a little wave but that was it. Didn't feel like bothering them.

Met Dennis Rodman a couple years back in the Mall. Didn't even ask for an autograph or a picture.

My sister has a picture of Kobe with her cellphone. She looks like a midget standing next to him.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
It's funny when people post photos and I can't tell who's the Gaffer and who's the celebrity.

Eric WK said:
Viggo Mortensen came into the pharmacy I work at today. I pulled out my Blackberry to text someone and I'm pretty sure he thought I was trying to take a photo.

Had I talked to him I'd probably just have been like "Dude, A History of Violence, like holy shit," but I didn't want to be an asshole and bother him.

OMG. You should have said some shit like "Become who you were born to be" or "You have my sword"

that's some epic shit right there.

I met Benicio Del Toro in Toronto in 08. It was really cool because he's one of my favorite actors. Got to talk to him for a minute or so.

I also saw Viggo Mortensen but he was really far away and it was crowded. I had half the mind to actually just push through the crowd and run after him :lol :lol :lol

Oh yeah, also met Mitch Daniels, the Governor of Indiana. Considering he might run for President at some point its pretty cool. It was at some event where there were only like 30 of the largest donators to his campaign. I wasn't one of them at all but people that got a Global Studies Scholarship at my school got invited. He was a nice guy, really friendy. Considering he was meeting donators I'm not surprised though.

Cardigan

In high school, they filmed War of the Worlds (2005) in my home town. I got a role as an extra and we filmed for two days. While we were filming one scene, I was right behind Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning. We would walk in a line for several hundred feet, and then do a re-take. While we were walking back to do a re-take, Tom asked me if it was always this cold in Virginia (this was in the winter), so we shot the shit for a second or two, and Dakota made a comment about a prop I was holding (a stuffed dog in a portable kennel). I also got to talk to Steven Spielberg for a second.

Also, I bumped into Leilani from "The Colony" (a post-apocalyptic reality-simulation show that was on Discovery channel a couple of months ago). I got to talk to her for a couple minutes and she was really nice.

Edit: don't know if this really counts - but I was an audience member for The Price Is Right and got to ask Drew Carey a quick question.

Talon

Jeff Foxworthy opened the door to my car every school day for 3 years because he worked carpool at my school.

I met Rudy Giuliani in a private meeting for a few of us. He was actually a jerk to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom