• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has the PS4 surpassed the previous three consoles in terms of quality? (Answer: no.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AudioEppa

The only thing I can think of that's been getting rare these days, which isn't really a genre, is big budget 3rd person action-adventures that are not open world. That's the one thing that peeves me, the open world fad.

Same way I feel. Not to take anything away from open world game such a Horizon coming out next week. I'm sure it's a good game. But I do wish there was a lot more leaner 3rd person story games. I would be even ok w/wide leaner like Uncharted 4 was. I really don't care about free roaming a big world unless it's GTA. Even with that game I still mostly focused on the story and GTA Online is cool from time to time. But I want DLC story or a new game already.

Last gen when Sony canceled The Getaway and Eight Days. That really hurt.

Thretau

Not yet in my opinion. I've held off buying one so far. Only games that interest me (that I can't play on my PC) are Bloodborne and Uncharted 4, and those I played on my friend's PS4.

For people without a PC I can imagine PS4 has a lot of quality games to play.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I dunno but PS1 will always be king to me.

PS2 got lots of JRPGs, sure. But quality wise, PS1 had em.

At least PS4 is starting to have a much better selection of JRPGs than what PS3 had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom