• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has Valve ruined TF2?

Proven

Oy, I forgot to say this before, but a lot of the medic achievements aren't meant to be gained in regular tournament play. Some of them are literally joke achievements made up after watching a bunch of random party games at servers. Have you never seen, heard, or been a part of game nights where the entire server starts goofing off, to a degree? Trying "dumb" strategies and etc.?

Other achievements, like the one where you must cut and run just before a patient dies happen under certain, not so perfect conditions, like say you end up having an idiot patient that goes running into three sentries. In that case, wouldn't you cut and run?

From what I see, some of the achievemtents focus on perfect play, some focus on PUB game play, and some focus on party play.

Slavik81

I was playing a pretty decent amount over the last few days and I've been noticing average medic-usage levels dropping down to 2-3 people per team (on large servers). Sometimes less.

Back to normal, it seems. And the weapons haven't been obviously unbalancing.

enum GameStatus {ruined, notRuined};
GameStatus TF2 = GameStatus.notRuined;

my question is this:

If multiple achievements require both a medic and another class, why not award the person playing the other class (say heavy) when the pair complete the achievement? Why does a pyro who burns 5 people while ubered have to play a medic himself to unlock that achievement? Just doesnt seem right

YYZ

Slavik81 said:
I was playing a pretty decent amount over the last few days and I've been noticing average medic-usage levels dropping down to 2-3 people per team (on large servers). Sometimes less.

Back to normal, it seems. And the weapons haven't been obviously unbalancing.
I think the new syringe gun is pretty cheap even though I like it. It encourages people to use medic offensively when medic isn't supposed to be that kind of class and IT WORKS which is the most upsetting thing. The worst unbalancing is medic versus spy and medic vs. demoman, with the new syringe gun it's not even close for spies so it unbalanced the game in that regard.

Slavik81

YYZ said:
I think the new syringe gun is pretty cheap even though I like it. It encourages people to use medic offensively when medic isn't supposed to be that kind of class and IT WORKS which is the most upsetting thing. The worst unbalancing is medic versus spy and medic vs. demoman, with the new syringe gun it's not even close for spies so it unbalanced the game in that regard.
It could use a bit of tweaking, but it's not that big of a deal.
At least the new weapons and achievements gets people to remember that the medic isn't totally defenseless.

Feep

Banned
fue0n.jpg

Twig

Banned
Suburban Cowboy said:
my question is this:

If multiple achievements require both a medic and another class, why not award the person playing the other class (say heavy) when the pair complete the achievement? Why does a pyro who burns 5 people while ubered have to play a medic himself to unlock that achievement? Just doesnt seem right
That's something I'm worried about. Will the next update include pyro achievements? Will one of those achievements be to burn 5 people while ubered?

It would really suck to already have something like that DONE and then have to do it again.

Not a huge deal, but still.

Top Bottom