• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hate Group gets school to cancel a reading of a Transgender themed Children's Book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I'm still not sure that it's productive to call them "hate" groups. Just seems to me that blocks any chance of a productive dialogue if we want to welcome them into 2015 with the rest of us.

Yeah let's coddle the hate groups.

Bunch of adults bullying an innocent child for being different. They should have their voting rights taken away.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Holy crap did we pile on EmSeta!

Lots of people are frustrated about these types of groups, I don't think anyone meant to pile on like that, lol.

I see your original point, but the SPLC does not take their classification lightly.

KDR_11k

What's the theological foundation anyway on which they base their discrimination against transgender people? Only this "god created a man and a woman" stuff?

I think the Bible only says men shouldn't have long hair (when researchers tried to reconstruct what Jesus looked like that was the only clue they found, so he likely had short hair and was of course a Hebrew).

Holy crap did we pile on EmSeta!

Lots of people are frustrated about these types of groups, I don't think anyone meant to pile on like that, lol.

I see your original point, but the SPLC does not take their classification lightly.

What pile on? EmSeta made a statement, folks disagreed, provided sources, EmSeta then doubled down on statement even after proof was given and thus created a new line of discussion (that being we should be nicer to hate groups because apparently if we just do that they'll stop being hate groups)

That's not a pile on that's a bloody discussion

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
What pile on? EmSeta made a statement, folks disagreed, provided sources, EmSeta then doubled down on statement even after proof was given and thus created a new line of discussion (that being we should be nicer to hate groups because apparently if we just do that they'll stop being hate groups)

That's not a pile on that's a bloody discussion

Had like 6 people post all at once, an unintentional pile on.

Can be intimidating, even though it's not intended to be.

eu pfhor ia

Neo Member
And yet liberal minorities are the ones killing free speech and exchange of ideas by demanding "safe spaces." The whiniest groups about ideas that challenge their world view are -always- sheltered right wingers.

Sorry to snipe at this one point here, but are you saying if I'm not 100% on board with the "safe spaces at college" thing I'm a "sheltered right winger?"

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I think the Bible only says men shouldn't have long hair (when researchers tried to reconstruct what Jesus looked like that was the only clue they found, so he likely had short hair and was of course a Hebrew).

No it doesn't there's an entire group of people called Nazerites, who had a covenant with god which included not cutting your hair. Might as well say the Bible said had issues with Samson being a guy.

Had like 6 people post all at once, an unintentional pile on.

Can be intimidating, even though it's not intended to be.

None of it was aggressive. Hell most of it was all of a here's a link. Nature of a discussion forum.

Calling it a pile on makes him sound like a victim of some sort. He ain't.

EmSeta

Yeah let's coddle the hate groups.

Bunch of adults bullying an innocent child for being different. They should have their voting rights taken away.

I can't tell if this is a joke. Voting rights taken away?

Are we really going sink to their level of stupidity here?

For some reason the "no safe spaces for anyone" and "free speech"-yellers never show up in such cases. I wonder why that is?
Because this isn't about free speech? Don't even know what you're talking about.
This is like the third one of these stories I've heard lately that started with the school sending out a letter warning parents that they are going to read a book that deals with LGBT issues, then immediately backing down when some hatemonger fuckwits throw a fuss. Why do they warn people about this stuff in the first place? The school just put that kid on blast to the entire community and then didn't bother to have their back. I'd fucking sue if if they pulled that shit with my kid.
Exactly. The school couldn't even go through with it. What a bunch of cowards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom