• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F |OT| - Evacuate The Dance Floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuterald

Will buying this game ensure a release of Yakuza 5 in the west? XD

Sorry, not trying to derail the thread, but I couldn't resist!

I love Japanese rhythm games and was totally prepared to love this as well, but I tried the demo a few days ago and came away rather unimpressed. I'm not sure what it was... it was just a general "meh" feeling. I'm gonna go back and give it another shot, though, because I REALLY want to be excited about this.

Anyone else feel the same way? Or maybe this is the wrong thread to ask that question in, haha...

Higher difficulties are a lot more enjoyable than the normal mode in the demo

Kumubou

I love Japanese rhythm games and was totally prepared to love this as well, but I tried the demo a few days ago and came away rather unimpressed. I'm not sure what it was... it was just a general "meh" feeling. I'm gonna go back and give it another shot, though, because I REALLY want to be excited about this.
I've been kind of meh about this entire series, it always felt like it was a second rate series of music-rhythm games... but the good ones don't come out on console at all. I say that even after having damaged a friend's PSP after mashing too hard during one of the most difficult songs while playing Project Diva 2nd.

I'm still buying the US version because the fact that the game is coming out in the US at all is a little absurd, and I'll probably enjoy it enough, regardless.

I put way too many hours into this game.

I highly encourage folks to give this a shot, even if they're not huge on Hatsune Miku. It's an extremely solid rhythm game that'll def scratch that itch.

As others have said, Hatsune Miku and the other Vocaloid software are just tools for artists to express themselves with. Give it a shot.

Himself

I had no idea what Hatsune Miku was (still don't, I suppose), but I gave the demo a shot and had a blast. Got stoned and basked in the absurdity. Bravo to whomever thought a demo would be a good idea. Never would of considered this game otherwise and now it's pre-ordered. Hyped!

I'd love to convince some non-believers that this isn't some creepy loli game, but a very fun and silly oddity that we should probably be thankful for.

Yasumi

Banned
I'm very tempted to preorder, since I love the Project Diva series, but I always found them more difficult to play on a large screen. With the notes flying in from every direction, it's harder to keep track of them compared to the portable titles. I need Sweet Devil and Tokyo Teddie Bear in my life, but I'm probably going to let it stew for a couple more days before I decide.

Mesoian

This is an interesting point of view. I didn't know about Vocaloids until I played the first one on PSP so I basically got hooked purely on gameplay alone. You don't even have to like the music to enjoy the games. Even in games such as DDR, DJMAX or Elite Beat Agents, I seldom like to listen to their songs (with a few rare exceptions) outside of the games, but playing them and tapping/stepping to their beats I can really get into it.

Hmm, that's fair.

Kazzy

Back on that fateful day, when I got my Vita, I feel to the all too familiar scourge that plights many an adopter. Yes, lack of software! In my search, I started to delve into genres that I typically wouldn't look, but then came the issue of another language barrier. All this preamble is just to say that had I been afforded other options, I probably would have never given Project Diva a chance. Which truth be told, would have been a shame, because it quietly stands as one of the best games on the system.

I too was similarly skeptical, given the presentation, but it's a really well-made and charming package. The gameplay is nothing to sniff at, and even if you only know Hatsune Miku by name (like me), it shouldn't be something to deter you. In fact, it'll probably endear you, seeing the collective endeavor that it actually is.

I heartily recommend it.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
The control part in the OT is wrong isn't it? I don't know if PS3 ver. has configurable controls, but if it doesn't then analog isn't used for the directions it's only used for stars. You have to use dpad for the arrows.

Auskeek

The control part in the OT is wrong isn't it? I don't know if PS3 ver. has configurable controls, but if it doesn't then analog isn't used for the directions it's only used for stars. You have to use dpad for the arrows.

Yeah I was just thinking that. I've always used the dpad for the double arrows.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Yeah, it's wrong. The only thing the analog sticks are used for are star notes. There is no customizibility in controls.

I ordered this game because it looks squee. Squee is good. Long live Miku!

Whats the gameplay like?

The best way to describe it is an Ouendan (or elite beat agents) setup with a DDR style rating system. Though that's probably really confusing to imagine :p

Volcynika

Yeah, wrong. It's also not X when it's a left facing arrow, it's square. And it's pink, not red.

hamchan

So glad I didn't end up importing this. Was so close to pulling the trigger, then English versions were announced.

I don't really have much attachment to vocaloid songs. Only really like a few Miku songs here and there by Supercell, haven't bothered listening to others or other voices. Still, a great rhythm game is what I'm most excited about.

Higher difficulties are a lot more enjoyable than the normal mode in the demo

Good to know, thanks!

I've been kind of meh about this entire series, it always felt like it was a second rate series of music-rhythm games... but the good ones don't come out on console at all. I say that even after having damaged a friend's PSP after mashing too hard during one of the most difficult songs while playing Project Diva 2nd.

I'm still buying the US version because the fact that the game is coming out in the US at all is a little absurd, and I'll probably enjoy it enough, regardless.

That's kind of how I feel on both counts... just seemed like a second-rate Japanese rhythm game, especially compared to stuff like Rhythm Heaven, Ouendan, DDR, IIDX, etc. That said, I want to support SEGA releasing a game like this in the US at all... it would just be easier to justify if I enjoyed it a little more. Gonna give it another shot, though!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So glad I didn't end up importing this. Was so close to pulling the trigger, then English versions were announced.

I don't really have much attachment to vocaloid songs. Only really like a few Miku songs here and there by Supercell, haven't bothered listening to others or other voices. Still, a great rhythm game is what I'm most excited about.

You're in for a real treat, the music selection is legit, has something for everyone (and I would argue only two or three of them I don't like). Extreme difficulty is very entertaining and satisfying (and I'm gonna brag, the mini controller makes this game 100% more fun to play).

Kazzy

Say what you will about the pointlessness of a lot of fluff in some OT's , but this is what happens when someone creates one for a game they have no interest in. It's really shoddy, screenshots are largely not even from this game, and the information is just plain wrong.

Possibly the worst OT I have seen.

chrono01

I appreciate the OT, but you might want to change "Megurine Ruka" to "Megurine Luka".

I know, it's a small change, and some people do refer to her as "Ruka", but she's largely referenced as "Luka". It might help clear up some possible/future misunderstandings.

Say what you will about the pointlessness of a lot of fluff in some OT's , but this is what happens when someone creates one for a game they have no interest in. It's really shoddy, screenshots are largely not even from this game, and the information is just plain wrong.

Possibly the worst OT I have seen.
5SXsnrc.gif

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
You have doomed us all!

Also, in-response to your custom tag, you need to replace your other 98 problems with 98 more waifu's.

Get to work!

I want it changed to "Got 99 problems and they're all waifus" but the mod that suggested me to have this tag in the first place knows that would make me happy, so no go >_>

Busaiku

So in most rhythm games, I ignored the stuff in the background, and I probably will here as well.
More games should do stuff like Elite Beat Agents, where the story's (or whatever animations in this case) told between the gameplay.

Unless it's stuff like HarmoKnight, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom