• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone (arcade port) announced for PS4

Nyoro SF

A full gameplay video has dropped.

https://www.segalization.com/2016/0...e-ps4-gameplay-from-tokaigi-game-party-japan/

Unfortunately, the "Extreme" versions of songs are indeed locked, which does not bode well for all the fan requests to have it unlocked from the start...

Looks like slides and multi-button hits are in. Slides are done with the thumbsticks. Multi-button on pad is done simply by striking both thumbs on the diagonals, makes sense. Looks like nearly all the modules are purchaseable with the in-game currency... also you can adjust the icon symbols to be something else, and you can turn off the vocals too. Can't read the other options.

There's also someone wearing a Sonic hoodie, looks awkward...

The UI looks worse than the arcade version. Not sure why they didn't just adapt a lot of the arcade version's UI.

Zhao_Yun

A full gameplay video has dropped.

https://www.segalization.com/2016/0...e-ps4-gameplay-from-tokaigi-game-party-japan/

Unfortunately, the "Extreme" versions of songs are indeed locked, which does not bode well for all the fan requests to have it unlocked from the start...

Looks like slides and multi-button hits are in. Slides are done with the thumbsticks. Multi-button on pad is done simply by striking both thumbs on the diagonals, makes sense. Looks like nearly all the modules are purchaseable with the in-game currency... also you can adjust the icon symbols to be something else, and you can turn off the vocals too. Can't read the other options.

There's also someone wearing a Sonic hoodie, looks awkward...

The UI looks worse than the arcade version. Not sure why they didn't just adapt a lot of the arcade version's UI.

Slides can be done with L1/R1 and the Touchpad as well apparently.

Wouldn't make sense otherwise! The arcade game uses tokens to play. Same shall be applicable here. Buy tokens from store. The game should be f2p or a new purchase should come with a fixed amount of tokens.

No. The game should be made free to play altogether without any restrictions whatsoever, just like every single game that gets ported to consoles after the Arcade releases.

So is Project Diva Future Tone the same game that is used in the current SEGA arcades in Japan as well as Round 1 Entertainment centers in America? I've got an Aime & Bana Passport card with my information saved from these games on there. Will we be able to sync up our arcade stats along with the PS4 version or is it going to be completely separate?

QJUHTaB.png

raven777

Info from famitsu this week

They will release in 2 packs: Future Sound and Color Tone

Future Sound will have songs from home console Diva series: 120 songs

Color Tone will have songs from arcade and 3DS Project Mirari: 100 songs

1080P/60fps
If you buy both packs, it will be over 220 songs and 340 modules
It will also have key binding for the first time in the series. You can bind multi-hit into one button

The price is still not announced, but Sega says "The price won't be expensive, so don't worry"

Redhood

1080P/60fps
It will also have key binding for the first time in the series. You can bind multi-hit into one button

The price is still not announced, but Sega says "The price won't be expensive, so don't worry"

Oh wow! Makes sense. Now all we need is info for physical release. (which I feel will not happen)

Rob85Fr

Neo Member
And no PSVita version announced for now ? :'(
I would really love these 220 songs on the Vita, as I'm always playing Project Diva on the go.

ZeroAKA

1080P/60fps

I might have to buy a Japanese PSN card for the first time ever if there isn't a physical version.

Zhao_Yun

Wondering how they'll define "not expensive" :p
As long as the price seems reasonable for the amount of songs and modules included, I'm in.

Zhao_Yun

On its newest blog entry SEGA is hinting at the pricing for one pack.
http://info.miku.sega.jp/8936

According to the producer you will be able to pay with one bill and still get change. It's confirmed that it won't be below 1000 or 2000 Yen and looking at their comments to 5000 (WOW) and 10.000 (Eh...You could buy a quite substantial game for that), it seems probable that one pack will cost below 5000 Yen?

edit: Gematsu has an article on it as well http://gematsu.com/2016/03/hatsune-...e-details-future-sound-colorful-tone-versions

muteki

On its newest blog entry SEGA is hinting at the pricing for one pack.
http://info.miku.sega.jp/8936

According to the producer you will be able to pay with one bill and still get change. It's confirmed that it won't be below 1000 or 2000 Yen and looking at their comments to 5000 (WOW) and 10.000 (Eh...You could buy a quite substantial game for that), it seems probable that one pack will cost below 5000 Yen?

edit: Gematsu has an article on it as well http://gematsu.com/2016/03/hatsune-...e-details-future-sound-colorful-tone-versions

So less than ~100$ per pack then, at most. Even split in half I think that more than makes it worth a full game price, between that and 10,000 isn't that much for some titles these days.

Just give me a date. I'll justify it by probably not picking up X for PS4 then.

raven777

Very good price and much sooner than I anticipated. Hope they'll release a demo so I can check my PS4 audio setup.

The actual main application is called Prelude and it's free to download, after that you buy those 2 packs. So maybe I could see them having 1 or 2 songs inside prelude as kind of demo?

system11

Please don't be as difficult as Diva F 2nd... Please.

I gave up with that game, it wasn't fun. Normal mode was much too difficult on some songs, but easy mode was so easy it wasn't enjoyable to succeed. Original Diva F game for normal mode was pitched just right.

Don't mind what they do with harder modes, I'll never use them. Whatever the pro players like is good with me.

Nyoro SF

Great value, but I'm still going to hold out for localization. Not like digital games on PS4 are going anywhere anytime soon.

mrmickfran

yyr

Cheaper than I was expecting. I'll be in for both packs.

Okay, now what's the best way to add JP currency to one's wallet? Obviously we need a Japanese account. What then? Can we use credit cards from other regions yet, or are we still needing to buy a prepaid JP PSN card?

BTA

I still never got around to F or F 2nd, so I'll hold out and wait for an English release for a while after I catch up on what I've missed and X.

Hopefully that'll actually be a thing that happens.

Marche90

Okay, now what's the best way to add JP currency to one's wallet? Obviously we need a Japanese account. What then? Can we use credit cards from other regions yet, or are we still needing to buy a prepaid JP PSN card?

If I understand correctly, you need a prepaid card to buy from the JP PSN.

Hmmm... now to decide if I want the game in June or to hold on to see if they announce a surprise localization.

raven777

prepaid JP PSN card

ar4757

Sweet! That's a damn good price, for what you're getting. My gut reaction is there's no way this'd getting localized, but then again, all the other Miku games have gotten localized lately and they have lots of songs too, so this one shouldn't be too different.

Time to think about whether to wait or not

ar4757

:

I thought this was a port?

I think it's because the Future Sound pack is from the Diva F subseries, while Colorful Tone is the Arcade/Mirai stuff. I assume a lot of these songs aren't in the normal arcade version? Not sure.

On that note with the pack names, the game could just as well be called Colorful Sound. Both sound cool

Damn, great price. Good, good shit all around.

Still just super stoked to be getting an arcade rhythm game port. Really hoping it does well and other publishers take note of this model (I guess Future Tone is easier to bring to console than most arcade rhythm games due to the control setup but still.)

yyr

If I understand correctly, you need a prepaid card to buy from the JP PSN.

Booooo.

Well from the looks of things, Play-Asia sells digital Japanese PSN codes and their markup doesn't seem very big.

According to Google, 5000 JPY = $45.88 USD. Play-Asia's selling the 5000 JPY code for $49.99. Can anyone do better?

Unfortunately it looks like we'll have to buy 10000 JPY in credit; 5000 + 3000 won't be enough, due to the added tax =\

Now if Hori has some good news too will be perfect and make this much more enjoyable

The best news IMHO would be if the game supported PS3 controllers, such as the previously released Project DIVA F controllers, but I'm assuming it'll be a no.

I think it's because the Future Sound pack is from the Diva F subseries, while Colorful Tone is the Arcade/Mirai stuff. I assume a lot of these songs aren't in the normal arcade version? Not sure.

All of these songs are in the arcade version. Sega is still porting the last of the Mirai songs to Arcade as of April.

I assume the timing of the release is to ensure that all the content from Mirai that will ever be in the game is fully ported first.

It's coming out sooner than expected! With Miku and Person 5 coming out, it seems I would have to buy a PS4 soon.

However, am I weird for not being fond of these higher-res character models? I've played the arcade game a few times and every time I always felt put off by the smooth and plastick-y look of Miku and Friends. They look like animated mannequins. And their eyes scare me >_<;

I much prefer the console version that looks more cartoonish (and cute) to my eyes. And 30 fps never bothered me while playing.

Top Bottom