• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone (arcade port) announced for PS4

The Orz

Any idea on what the video content is going to be like? Is it going to be a mix of story and concert videos or just the latter? What about the illustration videos from Mirai?

Also, is it wrong that this is the game (well, packs for a game) that pushes me into buying a PS4? Unless we're still being delusional and it comes to PC. That would be amazing...

raven777

Any idea on what the video content is going to be like? Is it going to be a mix of story and concert videos or just the latter? What about the illustration videos from Mirai?

Also, is it wrong that this is the game (well, packs for a game) that pushes me into buying a PS4? Unless we're still being delusional and it comes to PC. That would be amazing...

It's going to be identical to the ones in the arcade.

The vast majority will be identical to the console games, except for enhanced character models and backgrounds. The illustration videos from Mirai were never ported and probably won't be, given the current selection and timeframe.

There are also a lot of arcade original songs. Most are original story/concert videos. Some are enhanced versions of Edit Mode submissions from the console games. A few are actually just the original niconico lyric videos - hard to say if those will even be left in.

yyr

Saving it until PDX comes out so sales aren't affected.

This is a valid point; I, for one, am thoroughly uninterested in PDX because this game exists.

I'm done with 30fps rhythm games. It's 2016, for crying out loud. I play Dreamy Theater more these days than I do F/F2nd.

yyr

oh! well, that is actually excellent news. Can't say I'm fond of the unlock system, but I'll at least consider it now...

ChrisD

Will wait for end of September to purchase. I want to Day One so badly, but on top of having loads of money put into other pre-orders already, I REALLY want to know if it's going to be released in the West before I buy. I know just under two months probably isn't enough time for X on the market for FT to get a solid fate here, but just maybe a "Yes, it's coming soon/down the road"...?

I'm triple-dipping on X, but with how much content FT has I simply can't double-dip. Will support every game that comes West, but I just can't do that if I'm unaware for months after the Japanese release on whether it's coming or not.

Yasumi

Banned
Will wait for end of September to purchase. I want to Day One so badly, but on top of having loads of money put into other pre-orders already, I REALLY want to know if it's going to be released in the West before I buy. I know just under two months probably isn't enough time for X on the market for FT to get a solid fate here, but just maybe a "Yes, it's coming soon/down the road"...?

I'm triple-dipping on X, but with how much content FT has I simply can't double-dip. Will support every game that comes West, but I just can't do that if I'm unaware for months after the Japanese release on whether it's coming or not.

I'll be grabbing the Colorful pack when it comes out in Japan (since it'll be mostly new content), then grabbing the Future pack if/when it gets localized. 100+ songs is a massive amount of content to get through, and if you go the same way, you'd still be supporting the North American release when it happens.

Daft Punk

Banned
Yes, 60 fps and PlayStation VR support have long been confirmed for Project DIVA X HD.

So with the move to PS4, will the game's timing Windows be updated with it? Can't tell how sick and tired I am of going to MAGFest and doing a PD tournament only to have to play on the PS3 and deal with input lag. (Still mad you didn't run it yourself StarCreator, but you were busy running around the arcade room keeping tabs on your machines).

So with the move to PS4, will the game's timing Windows be updated with it? Can't tell how sick and tired I am of going to MAGFest and doing a PD tournament only to have to play on the PS3 and deal with input lag. (Still mad you didn't run it yourself StarCreator, but you were busy running around the arcade room keeping tabs on your machines).

Timing windows and input lag are two different things, and given the game seems able to tolerate frame drops without affecting judgement, I doubt changing the framerate would have any effect on the timing windows on a technical level.

MAGFest was kind of a glorious disaster on the arcade end, but I'm not sure how things would be different if I were running the tournament there. I usually calibrate timing pre-show but didn't get to this year since power wasn't delivered within the time I had to set up on the console side.

Tenshi

Neo Member

Sorry we weren't able to run the Diva tournament. I noticed they used one of my PS3 Diva setups for the tourny when I went to check on all of our equipment at one point. During setup, I asked StarCreator if they would let us run a Diva F2nd tournament (which is the reason why I had two PS3's among my equipment loadout), but my expectations of a good time for the players of the tournament dropped when he told me that they already had one planned. I would have much rather preferred if we ran it. Even if StarCreator was busy with his cabs, I could have run it myself. Either one of us would have been more than capable. Again, sorry about that.

I'll try and talk with the head of the console gaming floor to make plans ahead of time.

Edit: Also, just as he previously mentioned, our power setup was a hot mess. I took over setting up our equipment while he worked on his cabs due to our table not having enough available power. Needles to say, setup took longer than it should have.

raven777

pre-order is up in JP PSN

573D1B174352260032

pre-order ends in June 22nd (day before release)

pre-order bonus is 2 PS4 themes

pre-order is up in JP PSN

573D1B174352260032

pre-order ends in June 22nd (day before release)

pre-order bonus is 2 PS4 themes

I just happened to click on this thread thinking some more new about the PDX localisation was out, but I never even heard of this game. Seems insane with that many songs. Can someone tell me what it would take for me to import or buy from JP psn this and be able to buy the song packs? I have no experience or knowledge of importing.

raven777

I just happened to click on this thread thinking some more new about the PDX localisation was out, but I never even heard of this game. Seems insane with that many songs. Can someone tell me what it would take for me to import or buy from JP psn this and be able to buy the song packs? I have no experience or knowledge of importing.

make JP PSN account (which isn't hard... I am sure there are guides online on how to make one.
Buy JP PSN prepaid cards (I usually buy them from Play-Asia)

So it's not that difficult process I think.

No need to answer this. I found a a good site for making a Japanese PSN. But yeah I have the same question as above: Best site for Japanese PSN cards?

Edit: You're too fast lol

LowParry

Just to be clear, this is all digital then yeah? No disc? And you just need a JPN account (none Master) to purchase the game and DLC?

raven777

famitsu article confirms that prelude application (which is free) will have 2 songs included. So I guess it could work like a demo.

Kumubou

One thing for people importing: the game may show up on other Asian storefronts. For example, a lot of JP releases come out on the HK store on the same day and the pricing there is generally cheaper than the JP store.

So $80 for 220 songs? Do my eyes deceive me? O.O
There's got to be a catch. Even if it's something bizarre like the game wiping your PS4 after your 1339th song or Mikudayo showing up to your house and beating you to death for importing the game.

Just to be clear, this is all digital then yeah? No disc? And you just need a JPN account (none Master) to purchase the game and DLC?

Master is account-based, not console-based. You need to have a JP PSN account and it should be set as master on the PS4 you plan to play on if you intend to play the game using another account on that same PS4. Setting one account as master doesn't prevent the other account from also being set as master.

gibbsy24

I'm I correct in guessing the songs in PDX won't be in this?

Still a little bummed its only digital, but I'm all in for day 1.

Daft Punk

Banned
Arrgh man I hope PDX does well enough for them to localize this after. I can't be too arsed to make a new JP account to import this. :p

Zhao_Yun

At this point I seriously doubt that SEGA Europe will care about this game (if the West gets a localization at all), so I'd have to buy it on a foreign store either way. Might as well buy the JP version and have it earlier then.

muteki

miku baby i love you but those are pretty ugly

I'd love to get a faceplate for my white PS4 but I have yet to see one that doesn't look like crap. Clashes way too much.

Hopefully we start hearing more about the song list soon, but I'm guessing it is everything before a certain cutoff date. Actually going by the modules in the screen shot it looks like the songs added last December at least are in. Most of the arcade-only songs I have been wanting to play since forever have been in there a while, so I should be ok. The After Burner track looks amazing.
famitsu article confirms that prelude application (which is free) will have 2 songs included. So I guess it could work like a demo.
Looks like Weekender Girl and 1/6 out of the gravity are included w/ Prelude.

Tenshi

Neo Member
Two pre-orders for both JP accounts/PS4s obtained. I wonder if two setups of Diva X and two setups of Future Tone is a bit excessive. Maybe not for MAGfest, but the other cons I go to, I'm not sure.

Top Bottom