• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone (arcade port) announced for PS4

muteki

I think it has been hinted at, but I wonder if there will be a arcade controller released.

Has anyone tried using a fight stick for the the PS3 games? I was just thinking with the custom mapping a wired fight stick might work well, using the stick for slides. Some of the button combinations I'm seeing don't look like they would work out well on a regular pad, but I haven't played the arcade system so I wouldn't know.

Unknown but theorized no. Unless worldwide licensing is already in place, I would think it is unlikely to be profitable without a significant price increase.

That was exactly the same assumption for the console games before they started getting localized, though.

Between PDF, 2nd, Mirai Remix, and even the Miku Flick games, there aren't that many songs here that have never been licensed for the west. I would say less than 50, at a guess.

Really, the bigger issue is the English translation rights.

I think it has been hinted at, but I wonder if there will be a arcade controller released.

Has anyone tried using a fight stick for the the PS3 games? I was just thinking with the custom mapping a wired fight stick might work well, using the stick for slides. Some of the button combinations I'm seeing don't look like they would work out well on a regular pad, but I haven't played the arcade system so I wouldn't know.

The arcade configuration is the four buttons in a straight line. From left to right, Triangle, Square, X, and Circle. (Basically what you get if you considered the four buttons to be along a string, then cut the string between Circle and Triangle and pull it flat.) In the short term, a fairly good use case would be native support for the previous controllers. The large arcade style ones have a physical switch and swappable caps that allow it to mimic the straight line layout.

That was exactly the same assumption for the console games before they started getting localized, though.

Between PDF, 2nd, Mirai Remix, and even the Miku Flick games, there aren't that many songs here that have never been licensed for the west. I would say less than 50, at a guess.

Really, the bigger issue is the English translation rights.

50 songs is still larger than any Project DIVA game that has ever been localized. And we know there is definitely some sort of issue given Round1 is still unable to deploy the game to all its locations.

50 songs is still larger than any Project DIVA game that has ever been localized. And we know there is definitely some sort of issue given Round1 is still unable to deploy the game to all its locations.

PDF 2nd had 56 songs in the end.

And if Round1 can license the game in the first place, they have a license to the music. I would think it's a matter of there not being enough machines to go around.

PDF 2nd had 56 songs in the end.

And if Round1 can license the game in the first place, they have a license to the music. I would think it's a matter of there not being enough machines to go around.

No, there's apparently an issue that prevents the game from being deployed beyond the three states Round1 was operating in at the time they first carried the game. From what I hear, they had actually attempted to move machines beyond those states but were forced to redistribute them back in the end because Sega wouldn't turn the routers on.

Sega also removed the US from the list of arcade locations on their website at around the same time, though you can still navigate to the orphaned page directly. Note that Santa Ana and Grapevine (expansions to their California and Texas footholds, respectively) have been added to the list, but Tukwila and Taunton have been left out despite Santa Ana and Grapevine being newer stores.

Holy shit do NOT tell me there won't be a localization of this game.

And now you're telling me they don't have the arcade game at all of it's locations? Please tell me they have it at their new location they just opened in Grapevine, TX. I am supposed to head there next month with a bunch of friends and introduce them to this game.

Come on SEGA, step it up! We just got done with the Miku Expo Tour 2016 as well and it was absolutely fantastic! I know a concert and video games are two completely separate entities but come on!

No, there's apparently an issue that prevents the game from being deployed beyond the three states Round1 was operating in at the time they first carried the game. From what I hear, they had actually attempted to move machines beyond those states but were forced to redistribute them back in the end because Sega wouldn't turn the routers on.

Sega also removed the US from the list of arcade locations on their website at around the same time, though you can still navigate to the orphaned page directly. Note that Santa Ana and Grapevine (expansions to their California and Texas footholds, respectively) have been added to the list, but Tukwila and Taunton have been left out despite Santa Ana and Grapevine being newer stores.

For what it's worth, that doesn't sound like a music licensing problem. This is a total guess, but that sounds like a behind-the-scenes dispute over operation and revenue terms for expanding into more states.

If that's the case then I'd say it's only natural, since Round1 is the only company operating these here. There are no industry standards for how things should be run or how much they should be paying.

At least that's a problem that doesn't exist for console games.

ar4757

I want to get this but I don't want to have a dedicated JP machine. Need that DLC.

What do you mean? The game is basically a demo (Prelude) with 2 huge DLC packs (Future Sound and Colorful Tone). You just download it all to you JP account, then switch to your US/EU/etc account and can play as you normally would!

Lukemon

Loving that track list. The lure of potentially playing Black Rock Shooter on my PS4 and not having to hook up my old plane-taking-off-loud PS3 is too strong, so I have to get involved here.

raven777

pre-order theme revealed

5750026D4C5A540009

5750026E4C33760030

muteki

I like the Future Tone theme on the last page a little better. I guess it will be purchasable after the fact.

Hopefully it isn't a X HD preorder only thing (not that that would make much sense) as I am really on the fence about picking that one up at all. Having that+FT on my PS4 while at the same time having X on my Vita...I doubt I will double dip this time.

So, if I want to play this here I only need a Japanese PSN account? Is that difficult to set up? Is it easy to switch accounts on a single playstation?

Never done this.

I've not gone through the process to set up a Japanese PSN account from scratch on a PS4, but once the account is created it's a pretty easy process. Just make sure you use an email account you won't lose access to and won't forget the password; too many people use throwaway email accounts then end up SOL down the line.

Once the account is created, just make sure the PS4 you intend to play on is set as the account's primary PS4. (Primary status is an account thing, not a console thing; if you only own one PS4, -all- your accounts should be set as primary on it.) This will allow any PSN account on that PS4 to play that account's content, so if you'd rather play logged in to your not-Japanese PSN account, you can. Also, if any of your accounts are PS+, the automatic update benefit applies, even for other accounts' content.

It's very easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnLCaLg0NdQ&feature=youtu.be

Just remember to activate your PS4 as the primary system for that account if you plan to use your NA/EU account to play the game.

I've not gone through the process to set up a Japanese PSN account from scratch on a PS4, but once the account is created it's a pretty easy process. Just make sure you use an email account you won't lose access to and won't forget the password; too many people use throwaway email accounts then end up SOL down the line.

Once the account is created, just make sure the PS4 you intend to play on is set as the account's primary PS4. (Primary status is an account thing, not a console thing; if you only own one PS4, -all- your accounts should be set as primary on it.) This will allow any PSN account on that PS4 to play that account's content, so if you'd rather play logged in to your not-Japanese PSN account, you can. Also, if any of your accounts are PS+, the automatic update benefit applies, even for other accounts' content.

Great, thanks! I will try.

Is there any other benefit to pre-ordering? Cheaper or something? The theme really doesn't sell me and I really dislike digital pre-orders.

Otherwise I'll just buy it when it's out.

Is there any other benefit to pre-ordering? Cheaper or something? The theme really doesn't sell me and I really dislike digital pre-orders.

Otherwise I'll just buy it when it's out.

You get to watch the countdown timer with me

You probably also have to preorder to take advantage of the preload two days prior to launch.

That description seems to imply the button assignments can be changed, so it should work fine. Remember, the arcade layout is, from left to right, Triangle, Square, X, Circle.

yyr

I want to get this but I don't want to have a dedicated JP machine. Need that DLC.

Did you forget? PS4 is region-free.

Other than the addition of the (small) touchpad, this looks virtually identical to the previous PDf mini controller.

I'd really prefer a dedicated controller, and would certainly consider buying one if it were produced. After seeing the songlist, it basically looks like

a) day one buy
b) there's no reason to play any previous Project DIVA game ever again

muteki

Just crossed my mind that the arcade game is 4 buttons and only 4 buttons.

I think I'll try out my fight stick and see how that feels. It has always been a learning curve shifting from PSP/Vita to dual shock anyway.

SephLuis

Just crossed my mind that the arcade game is 4 buttons and only 4 buttons.

I think I'll try out my fight stick and see how that feels. It has always been a learning curve shifting from PSP/Vita to dual shock anyway.

I might do the same, thought it might take a while to adjust properly to the button assignments.

This right here... This is killing me right now. T-minus 19 days, 17 hours...

We're all together against the clock.

raven777

I think it's finally time to get a new HDD.... 500GB have been almost full for a while and this game will be huge in terms of file size I feel...

GWX

All these songs, and no Triple Baka in sight :(

Still, Project Diva's GOAT is in, so it's all good.

I'm talking World's End Umbrella of course

Top Bottom