• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HDR Game Mode for LG OLED TVs

vg260

Wtf, "working on a solution" they better have one already. And it better not be some weird cycling input lag.

And also have a proper flat model without a sound bar.

If they can retroactively lessen the issue for existing sets, that's great, and if they can also improve/redesign the hardware for 2017 models for better performance out of the gate, even better.

well guys, we did it. we at least got them to acknowledge us, so before we pop the champagne, let's see what actual improvements they make to our OLEDs.

Fraxin

You'll be pleased with your purchase.

Don't forget that each game has its own HDR toggle anyway, so if lag is of utmost importance for a particular game, you can just disable HDR and enjoy 34ms lag.

There's still confusion as to whether there will be a HDR Game Mode update - LG UK is saying no, LG US is saying yes.

To be honest, you'll be blown away by games in SDR on this TV - IMHO they look far better than games in HDR on LCD. No HDR required for them to look absolutely stunning with a breathtaking contrast ratio and perfect blacks.

I've got the C6 and I wouldn't swap for LCD if you paid me. It's just a stunning TV in every way. TV and movies also look stunning - and make sure you try out the 3D which is the best in class by a long way.
I looked at the other displays in the showroom (mainly Samsung TVs and especially the KS8000) while the videos played weren't similar, the difference in the picture quality were so noticable. Felt like the colors were so washed out on the LED displays. Coming from plasma, OLED was the only thing that really impressed me.
Already got myself the E6, now I only hope that LG can get the input lag in HDR in the 30s.

Update on lag results from the latest firmware update for E6 and C6. Bottom line, amazing job by LG to respond to our requests with a substantial improvement. They definitely now without a doubt sell the best TVs available!

We have tested our C6 and E6 and found fairly significant input lag improvements - for a 1080p @ 60Hz + HDR input the lag is now 36.6ms for both TVs, and for a 4k @ 60Hz + HDR input the lag is 36.8ms for both TVs. The reviews will be updated with this new information by the end of the day, and we will also test the other LG TVs the update applies to.

Daniel O'Keeffe
Rtings.com

Datawhore

on the 15th floor
I have the latest firmware (4.30.65, auto-downloaded and installed last week) and live in the US.

Went to test HDR Game Mode on my B6 tonight and so I fired up The Witness on PS4 Pro.

[HDR] popped up in the top right hand corner of my screen. Sweet.

But, when I go into Picture Mode, there is still only three options: Vivid, Bright, and Standard.

Has anyone seen HDR Game Mode on the B6 yet?

I still have HDCP 2.2 disabled but I doubt that would matter.

Update on lag results from the latest firmware update for E6 and C6. Bottom line, amazing job by LG to respond to our requests with a substantial improvement. They definitely now without a doubt sell the best TVs available!

We have tested our C6 and E6 and found fairly significant input lag improvements - for a 1080p @ 60Hz + HDR input the lag is now 36.6ms for both TVs, and for a 4k @ 60Hz + HDR input the lag is 36.8ms for both TVs. The reviews will be updated with this new information by the end of the day, and we will also test the other LG TVs the update applies to.

Daniel O'Keeffe
Rtings.com

Yay!

ryohumar

I have the latest firmware (4.30.65, auto-downloaded and installed last week) and live in the US.

Went to test HDR Game Mode on my B6 tonight and so I fired up The Witness on PS4 Pro.

But, when I go into Picture Mode, there is still only three options: Vivid, Bright, and Standard.

Still no HDR game mode for the B6. I've been checking daily and haven't found anything regarding why the update hasn't come out for B6 owners yet.

Kyoufu

Still no HDR game mode for the B6. I've been checking daily and haven't found anything regarding why the update hasn't come out for B6 owners yet.

B6 uses different internals so they have to approach the update differently, which takes time.

Lexxism

The latest firmware was meant to fix the hdcp issue

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
What are people's calibration settings for HDR Game Mode?

Just curious what people have found best.

Top Bottom