• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heads Up Everyone !! Halo 3 Limited Edition Big Disc Problems !!

"I guess you like paying extra money for unusable items."

Did you miss the part where he got is disks replaced in a week in perfect condition and got a free month of live gold? And most disks worked they were just scratched.

LiveWire

ascully said:
I just wanted to update you guys on the official halo 3 ce disc swap you can do through MS. I sent mine off last Wednesday and they arrived back today with a free 1 month live card. Pretty quick turnaround for sure I am impressed. They come in a standard bubble envelope in paper sleeves and they are in perfect condition thank god.

halo3pp3.jpg

Good to hear. Just sent mine out yesterday by Priority Mail. MS should get them today and I guess I'll have them back before next weekend.

GhaleonEB

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"I guess you like paying extra money for unusable items."

Did you miss the part where he got is disks replaced in a week in perfect condition and got a free month of live gold? And most disks worked they were just scratched.
I think he was referring to paying extra for the metal case that won't hold the disks, so he actually missed the part where ascully said he was going to just keep the games in the paper sleeves but use the case anyways. Still trolling (badly) though.

This supposed CE is the absolute worst I've EVER bought! I just went to open my copy to play a little MP and what do I hear? The goddamn disc loose in the case. How in the hell is that possible when the damn thing is sitting motionless on the shelf? Well, I open up the case and what do you know. The F'ing little plastic shitty holder that is supposed to be securely fastened to the case has detached. It is still securely wedged into the disc though. What in the blue hell, MS?!?!?! You even had to resort to using the absolute shittiest glue to secure the absolute shittiest plastic disc holding thingamajig to the flimsiest metal case in CE history? Good job! Man, am I pissed right now :-(

how much is it for shipping and handling to send the dvd's and forms back to MS? both are scratched so i have to send two packages..

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
Yea, I just had my game disc messed up and sent it off Tues. Hopefully it'll get back soon. In the meantime I guess I'll mess around with my Bungie mug and blue filter..

thatbox

Banned
kozmo7 said:
Yea, I just had my game disc messed up and sent it off Tues. Hopefully it'll get back soon. In the meantime I guess I'll mess around with my Bungie mug and blue filter..
My CE didn't even come with a blue filter, apparently. Which is fine because my extra DVD is scratched to all hell, so!

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
thatbox said:
My CE didn't even come with a blue filter, apparently. Which is fine because my extra DVD is scratched to all hell, so!

To my knowledge no game came with the blue filter, mine included. They have them now on the Bungie store though. Thing is it's free but you gotta order something so I got a mug. :lol

Edit: Nevermind about what I had here but if you do order something from the store make sure to add the free filter to your cart.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?link=h3Filter

you guys should call the xbox support number

MS is just sending me some replacements, i'm not paying to send anything to them. i was told to call back in few hours to recieve the tracking number.

thatbox

Banned
Rekki-Maru said:
you guys should call the xbox support number

MS is just sending me some replacements, i'm not paying to send anything to them. i was told to call back in few hours to recieve the tracking number.
So I could get my discs replaced (my game disc is scratched pretty bad too, but the only problem with it is the music in the main menu skips occasionally) without losing a week of playtime?

123rl

Just as an update, as I posted a few times in here about how many scratched copies we had at work, we still haven't had one come back as faulty. So my own experience is that it did scratch a few discs, but not enough to cause serious problems. The ones that were badly scratched were just very unlucky

RumFore

Banned
What the fuck. I sent in my disk that was scratched up and they sent me back a disk that is even more scratched up. Can you call MS about this? What the hell. I cannot believe this.

RumpledForeskin said:
What the fuck. I sent in my disk that was scratched up and they sent me back a disk that is even more scratched up. Can you call MS about this? What the hell. I cannot believe this.

Wow. That honestly sounds even more negligent then sending someone a refurb. That's kind of the worst business practice I've ever heard. How hard is it to look down before you seal the fucking envelope?

Pretty late to the party on this one - but mine came as a Christmas present - and both discs of course arrived scratched. It was from Amazon.

Are people sending these back to Amazon or was there another resolution. I checked through 13 of the pages in this thread and didn't see any official word.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
awesomeapproved said:
Are people sending these back to Amazon or was there another resolution. I checked through 13 of the pages in this thread and didn't see any official word.

Microsoft is replacing them. Call support.

urk said:
Microsoft is replacing them. Call support.

Thanks. Yeah I actually tracked it down some more and saw that Microsoft has an order form (http://assets.xbox.com/en-us/support/replacementdisk_orderform.pdf) and has extended the free replacement to February 2008. Thing is - I don't want to be without the game (and there is no Costco near me so the scam option is out). So - sort of trying to figure out what to do. I haven't even tried the disks - they may play fine but there's no way I am keeping them like this.

I know it has been beat to death on here but I can not believe that they allowed this tin to be released in such a way. Doesn't really take a genius to see that it wasn't going to hold the discs adequately. In my instance, the disks barely stay in place if held sideways for a moment - let alone survive a shipping process. Completely idiotic and disappointing that this issue is well known and the editions that have this problem haven't been pulled from the stores' and distributors' shelves.

GhaleonEB

awesomeapproved said:
Thanks. Yeah I actually tracked it down some more and saw that Microsoft has an order form (http://assets.xbox.com/en-us/support/replacementdisk_orderform.pdf) and has extended the free replacement to February 2008. Thing is - I don't want to be without the game (and there is no Costco near me so the scam option is out). So - sort of trying to figure out what to do. I haven't even tried the disks - they may play fine but there's no way I am keeping them like this.

I know it has been beat to death on here but I can not believe that they allowed this tin to be released in such a way. Doesn't really take a genius to see that it wasn't going to hold the discs adequately. In my instance, the disks barely stay in place if held sideways for a moment - let alone survive a shipping process. Completely idiotic and disappointing that this issue is well known and the editions that have this problem haven't been pulled from the stores' and distributors' shelves.
Apparantly the turnaround time is a couple of days, so at least it won't be a long wait. And yeah, the tin design was a class-A fuck-up, especially for a game that was going to move as many units as this. That's not the kind of stuff they should be skimping on. (The CE costs $70, FFS.)

Top Bottom