• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone now officially available in USA on Android Tablets

Anyway to get this running on a Kindle Fire HD right now? Its not showing up in the Appstore

Edit: NVM, i think i found it. its far down the list atm.

Heads up, i was just able to download it through the web play store, the german one to be precise.

You may want to check if it is available in the other regions now too.
(Don't shoot if old news)

TheChaos0

By the way it is alao available om EU play store. I've tried it out yesterday on Nexus 9. It might have been me but it was a bit choppy at times. Still nothing beats playing while in bed!

Some Nobody

Hm. Damn. Guess I'm going to need to pick up an N7 (2013) version at some point. I've been wanting to try this for ages but my 2012 model is giving me enough trouble as it is.

Card Boy

Banned
It should technically work but runs like shit on my Tab 3 10.1, so don't get your hopes up

Yeah both the Tab 2-3 are very similar, the tab 3 just has a better front facing camera and a slighly faster CPU.

Do we get a free pack for playing it on Android?

I'll install it on my my Asus TF101 for shits and giggles, but I'm not expecting good things. Not that it really matters to me. As excited as I was for Hearthstone when it was announced, I got my fill of free-to-play digital card games on SolForge while waiting for a beta invitation.

dex3108

For people who are complaining about unsupported 6- devices, trust me my Nexus 7 is barely enough for comfortable playing. In my opinion 8+ inches is optimal for this game.

foladar

If you're like me and have Amazon Coins stored up from freebies, you can use that on packs if you have the Amazon Appstore version, apparently.. now to find a way to get that on my Touchpad.

Acidote

I'm obtuse or something. I can't make it work in my Nexus 4, I think I'm mixing the wrong apk and obbs.

Acidote

I'm bypassing that restriction through adb. I'll try again in a few hours when I'm less busy. It should work, as others have made it work.

Qvoth

it's been confirmed it can work on non tablets and phones with less than 6 inches, just gotta find the right version
there's even the apk version that has the 6 inches restrictions removed for example

Noaloha

Awww, forgot that my account I use on PC is on the US servers (I think I was trying to get in on free beta before it was available in EU). So, whilst there's crossplay, the Android version defaults me to an EU server, obviously.

I'm not sure how the matchmaking / player connecting works specifically with mobile games. Assuming I'm playing on tablet at home over wi-fi, is it acceptable (in terms of my opponent's game quality) for me to play EU vs US, or should I be sticking to 'local' matches when playing on tablet? Not sure if it matters or if it's functionally identical to playing on PC.

Pachimari

it's been confirmed it can work on non tablets and phones with less than 6 inches, just gotta find the right version
there's even the apk version that has the 6 inches restrictions removed for example
Where can I download this version?

Would love to play it on my LG G3.

ViviOggi

Yeah both the Tab 2-3 are very similar, the tab 3 just has a better front facing camera and a slighly faster CPU.

Do we get a free pack for playing it on Android?
Yes, one old pack after you complete a match, including vs AI.

Awww, forgot that my account I use on PC is on the US servers (I think I was trying to get in on free beta before it was available in EU). So, whilst there's crossplay, the Android version defaults me to an EU server, obviously.

I'm not sure how the matchmaking / player connecting works specifically with mobile games. Assuming I'm playing on tablet at home over wi-fi, is it acceptable (in terms of my opponent's game quality) for me to play EU vs US, or should I be sticking to 'local' matches when playing on tablet? Not sure if it matters or if it's functionally identical to playing on PC.
All versions are running on the same servers, there'll hardly be any difference. There'll be a slight delay on your actions compared to your home region but that doesn't matter at all in a turn based card game.

Des0lar

will learn eventually

Just switch to back to US servers?

Murdoch

I was able to download to my LG G Pad 8.3 here in the UK. I've never played this before ad heard good things. I can't say I've played ANY card game before however.

I concur that it runs brilliantly on the 2nd Gen nexus 7. Also I really can't imagine playing this on anything smaller. I really wouldn't bother going through the hassle of rooting your phone if it isn't officially supported.

I can see me spending a hell of a lot of time with this over Christmas.

For everyone complaining about no phone support:

With the UI as it is now, some things would be nearly impossible to use on a smaller screen. Sure, the actual gameplay would be fine, but have fun trying to set up your decks on a 4-5" screen. It's a bit of a mess even on my LG G Pad 8.3, I can't even imagine trying it on a smaller screen than that.

Also, it seems to be pretty unoptimized. The menus lag quite a bit on my G Pad.

Tenck

Booted it up on my Nexus 7, and I noticed some slow-down. Especially when finding a match.

After that it went smoothly up until the end, where it lagged again. I could live with that.

I ended up winning with a shitty mage deck. Time to go pro.

Follow me at Twitter for stream updates! /s

Noaloha

All versions are running on the same servers, there'll hardly be any difference. There'll be a slight delay on your actions compared to your home region but that doesn't matter at all in a turn based card game.
Cool, and yep, this aligns with what I just experienced. Bit laggy, but the opponent was playing their turns nice and fast, so I assume it wasn't a shitshow for them.
Just switch to back to US servers?
Yeah, just did that, works fine for the most part. I was just worried that tablets might handle cross-atlantic games really badly and make it a pain in the arse for anyone I'm playing with in the States (which I'd feel responsible for, since I'd be choosing to play outside my region).

Edit: one small irritation is that there doesn't appear to be a way for it to automatically log you in. Makes my super long and convoluted password a bit of a hassle to enter every time.

Mbrill82

It sorta sucks...I REALLY want the nexus 9 to play this in bed but all the current hardware issues it has is preventing me from getting it...damnit HTC =\

What specifically are the hardware issues that have you worried? I'm pretty sure the wife is getting me the Nexus 9 for Xmas.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It runs pretty poorly for what it is. I would expect it to run really smooth where instead its pretty laggy.

I'm playing it on a Nexus 7 (2013 version), so ether I have higher expectations then some people in this topic, or maybe I screwed up something.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It runs pretty poorly for what it is. I would expect it to run really smooth where instead its pretty laggy.

What device?

Again performance can be shitty to perfectly fine, but you have to tell us what device your using + decent net connection.

I noticed a lot of lag when I tried it on an iPad 3, it doesn't surprise me if it still runs like shit on a Nexus 7, but...damnit Blizzard, get your shit together. I don't need all the whizbang effects, I just want it to run smooth. Apparently that's too much to ask.

pr0cs

Played it for a while yesterday on my OG nexus 7 (2012).
It warns you saying performance will not be 'optimal' but the game does run.
It does run like shit but it's not unplayable, once the match actually starts it runs well enough.

It's a good game, I was hooked in for 6-7 matches so I'll keep playing even though the performance on my tab is shit.

Minsc

Gold Member
For everyone complaining about no phone support:

With the UI as it is now, some things would be nearly impossible to use on a smaller screen. Sure, the actual gameplay would be fine, but have fun trying to set up your decks on a 4-5" screen. It's a bit of a mess even on my LG G Pad 8.3, I can't even imagine trying it on a smaller screen than that.

Also, it seems to be pretty unoptimized. The menus lag quite a bit on my G Pad.

Works totally fine on larger phones though, made a deck with no issues on a Note 4, even uses the stylus fine (which I didn't use when making the deck, just tested it once in a match earlier). It feels fine for using with your fingers normally too, played a bunch of matches.

I'd say menus are a little slow (15-20fps), but not horrible, especially considering they're menus and you don't need to use them too much, but the game itself runs better, not 60fps smooth, but somewhere between 20-30fps, which is totally playable, even for me being used to 60fps from a PC.

I do agree smaller phones probably have more of an issue for deck building (they'd probably manage playing fine), but on the larger ones it works fine as is. I'm not even sure I'd want to use a mobile client on my phone, if there were hurdles added to it to make it more accessible vs the regular one.

As for the optimization, I definitely feel Android is just being Android, generally things just don't run as well on Android as they do on iOS, and that's just how it is I suppose.

splattered

If you're like me and have Amazon Coins stored up from freebies, you can use that on packs if you have the Amazon Appstore version, apparently.. now to find a way to get that on my Touchpad.

Hell yea I just confirmed this myself! I saved up $20 worth of free coins from the goofy Amazon promotions earlier this year specifically so I could maybe buy the Naxxramas adventure wing set with them and it worked!!! I am so fucking stoked! You also get 1,000 coins for purchasing the wing set which will net you around another 7 packs!

Top Bottom