• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

Seeing Druids getting rekt and kicked out of the ladder is the best thing yet to happen to Hearthstone.

Greetings traveler!

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
Yeah it's silly. Pact doesn't distinguish between minions and heroes.

Speaking of, is Jaraxxus considered a minion even when playing as him as your hero? I just had this scary thought as I was launching into a Mage with a secret and wondering if I was going to get vaporized.
It was actually ice armor and I won anyway so woot!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No, but I'm pretty sure it can get Sniped and Humility'd.

I think the way it works is that Jaraxxus enters play as a Minion, game does "Minion-into-play" stuff, then it replaces you.

Cipherr

Friend asks: how does a priest deal with Ysera if no mind control is in hand?

Either the minion that swaps attack and health, a thoughtstolen answer, incredible board control allowing you to inefficiently trade into it or:

4MUOH9t.png
--->>
ho8ohdo.png

If you don't have anything, silence and play around it and hope you get lucky I guess. :(

The 4/12 dragons can be pretty brutal for a priest to deal with. I had a Druid drop Malygos on me, and I just couldn't clear it. Everything I put on the board was instantly wiped by spells. Meanwhile, he dropped pretty much every other legendary in the game on me, including junk like Nozdormu. At least the 8/8s you can kill with Shadow Word: Death. By the time I pulled Mind Control, it was way too late.

Special C

If you want a cheap Warrior, I have an enrage gimmick deck that does well. Task Master and Inner rages on Amani Berserkers or Worgens are actually very effective. Relies on getting good draws though. I say "Cheap" but it does have a Grommash and Gorehowl in it.

Tacitus_

Well heroic KT went down like a chump compared to last two wings. I'm not sure if I'm relieved because he had no things you absolutely needed to have answers in your opening hand or disappointed because he keeled over in a couple of tries.

E: On the other hand, Sapphiron HC looks ridiculous... but at least it looks like a puzzle.

Ex2 KTs greetings are hilarious! I tried for all the decks I had, I think paladins "And I will fight with big minions and horrible spells!" or Thralls "You're fighting for a hammer? OK then." the best. Didn't try druids, mages, priests or warriors

Speaking of, is Jaraxxus considered a minion even when playing as him as your hero? I just had this scary thought as I was launching into a Mage with a secret and wondering if I was going to get vaporized.
It was actually ice armor and I won anyway so woot!

The thing is, jaraxxus is considered your hero. It just so happens that sacrificial pact can target anything.

Jaraxxus can be a minion though. When put into play, rather than summoned, he is just a 3/15. And when he is summoned he is a 3/15 for a moment before becoming the hero after the battlecry kicks in.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
If you want a cheap Warrior, I have an enrage gimmick deck that does well. Task Master and Inner rages on Amani Berserkers or Worgens are actually very effective. Relies on getting good draws though. I say "Cheap" but it does have a Grommash and Gorehowl in it.

Can you post a pic? I've been trying to run a cheap enrage warrior, and it started out well, but like you said, it depends so much on my starting hand that I can just instantly tell if I won or lost. Pretty damn unreliable.

Aylinato

The 4/12 dragons can be pretty brutal for a priest to deal with. I had a Druid drop Malygos on me, and I just couldn't clear it. Everything I put on the board was instantly wiped by spells. Meanwhile, he dropped pretty much every other legendary in the game on me, including junk like Nozdormu. At least the 8/8s you can kill with Shadow Word: Death. By the time I pulled Mind Control, it was way too late.

Oh god you faced me. That's exactly the deck I've been playing within the last 2 months and those are some of the only legendaries that I have.

I'm not joking lol! Amazing!!

Mage with secrets is fun. I played mage secret decks a couple times in the past but mad scientist really pulls things together to make it viable.

And right now people are being stupid and not playing around mirror entity and no one expects a good old polymorph anymore.

And I know it is a bit dumb, but I even have a pyroblast. It is a deck from the past, with a couple naxx cards spread into it.

Seeing Druids getting rekt and kicked out of the ladder is the best thing yet to happen to Hearthstone.

Greetings traveler!

My mage deck destroyed 2 druids and I'd imagine it is a favorable match up for the mage. Their ramp up is useless when they are too afraid to play big minions on curve due to mirror entity. Then all the spell removal makes it hard for them to get value. And I am often getting sludge belcher to duplicate so it is gonna be difficult for them to use FON+SR.

MisterArrogant

Neo Member
No, but I'm pretty sure it can get Sniped and Humility'd.

I think the way it works is that Jaraxxus enters play as a Minion, game does "Minion-into-play" stuff, then it replaces you.

I'm pretty sure you can get sniped with him but I wouldn't think humility would work unless you can play it on hero Jaraxxus like a minion. Do you mean repentance? I know that affects him when he comes into play.

Repentance on Jarraxus would be the saddest thing ever.

I actually had that happen on one of the Naxxaramas fights. (Maybe the Warlock Rivendare challenge). Played Jaraxxus and the boss had repentance and I changed forms into 1 health. Unfortunately I'd already queued my attack straight into one of the other horsemen...

Did they fix the UTC time zone quest reroll bug?

Sweet RNGesus I hope not. I'll check tonight.

Haly

I'm pretty sure you can get sniped with him but I wouldn't think humility would work unless you can play it on hero Jaraxxus like a minion. Do you mean repentance? I know that affects him when he comes into play.

Right right, repentance.

johnsmith

remember me
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/90286-zetalots-top-legend-tempo-priest

Just faced a Zoolock running Leper Gnomes, Succubuses, Pit Lords and Wolf Rider, is there something more asshole-y in this game? Jeez.

Thanks. Played a couple of ranked games with this deck, vs warriors and hunters of course. Won them all, but I don't know of baron riverndare is worth a deck slot. Also I replaced deathlord, not a fan of him at all, and Cairne with Loatheb.

I still think there's a really really good priest deck out there, but nobody's found it yet.

Oh god you faced me. That's exactly the deck I've been playing within the last 2 months and those are some of the only legendaries that I have.

I'm not joking lol! Amazing!!

It's possible. Dude ran a fucking train of legendaries over me. I'm pretty sure he (you?) played a Cenarius and maybe Sylvanas. He definitely had Nat Pagle. I know because I used Thought Steal hoping to get a card to save my ass and pulled Nat fucking Pagle.

Tarazet

It's possible. Dude ran a fucking train of legendaries over me. I'm pretty sure he (you?) played a Cenarius and maybe Sylvanas. He definitely had Nat Pagle. I know because I used Thought Steal hoping to get a card to save my ass and pulled Nat fucking Pagle.

I played against a Mage that tried to do a similar thing to me. After using three totems plus a Flametongue on turn 5 to clear an Azure Drake and a Kirin Tor Mage, I felt like the mayor of Value Town. But then the Legendaries started pouring in.. Sylvanas, Cairne, Stalagg, all one after the other.. and he dropped Duplicate, so I spent it on Sylvanas since I had an empty board anyway and felt like I probably would not be able to overcome the wall of value.

I had Doomhammer equipped at this point and suddenly it occurred to me: I've actually had lethal since turn 7 and didn't even realize it. He has 25 hit points and I have my little 1/1 totem which has been bipping at him. I count it up.. double Rockbiter = 16, Lightning Bolt = 3, Lava Burst = 5. So I killed him with my 1/1 totem that he didn't even feel worthy of killing with his hero power, because he wanted to drop more legendaries..

Tarazet

So... echoing ooze in zoo?

Warlocks can't really do anything special with it... just the normal stuff you could do with any neutral card. Paladins, Priests, Druids, Rogues will scare the hell out of you, though.

The way it works is also super lame for Warrior.. since you have to end your turn to get the second ooze, so it can't charge!

This is the most unbalanced and cheap game I've ever played. Mages and Priest are so OP. The matchmaking system is matching you up with people that have been playing this game for 100+ hours and have the best cards.

Mages and Priests OP?

What rank is this?

To be fair Priest and Mage spells do seem to come out of left field if you haven't been playing for an extended period of time. At this point most of us unconsciously play around shadow words and flamestrike, but it might seem unfair if you're new to the game because their removal spells can be extremely efficient.

ShinNL

How many of you are trying Spectral Knight actively? With a meta that doesn't really play Yeti anymore and turn 5 plays are usually still greedy plays (powerhouses are turn 6+), turn 5 Spectral Knight is such an amazing play. It's also super strong when topdecking. I haven't had a single game where it disappointed me. I feel like barely anyone is playing it. And since there is no real good way to trade against it efficiently, I think it's a better 5 drop than Belcher is, which usually still dies inefficiently against aggro.

Cipherr

This is the most unbalanced and cheap game I've ever played. Mages and Priest are so OP. The matchmaking system is matching you up with people that have been playing this game for 100+ hours and have the best cards.

Its like that for every new player, and its the worst part of the game. Believe me, it gets better, but prepare for a good while of AWFUL fucking matchups with people playing cards you havent even SEEN before, let alone had enough time to collect.

Its total bullshit that some new player with no cards can get matches versus some 300 hour player with 5 legendaries in their deck. Stupid stupid stupid. They have to fix this before the game ages any further, because that massive gulf will turn off new players that refuse to spend money for the privilege of not being fodder for the first 2 months of play.

Mages and Priests OP?

What rank is this?

He might just be playing casual mode. Trust me, start an EU/US account new and go into Play mode to do your daily quests as a brand new account with $0 spent. It will be a harsh reminder of how rough the game is on new players.

Haunted

Kel'Thuzad actually
literally breaks the rules of the game, that's funny.
I've got a couple ideas on how to deal with Heroic Frostwyrm but they're all varying degrees of crazy. Not sure if that means it's challenging boss design or just broken. :lol

First time in Naxx I didn't beat any of the Heroic bosses during the first session I played.

So... echoing ooze in zoo?
It's got obvious and strong synergies in Paladin and Druid decks.

Rogue can do something with it if people would try out something else than Miracle.

Does a temporary buff like Flametongue transfer to the second ooze? If so, Shaman might have some use for it, but not really.

Don't see much synergy with the other classes.

pedr0theli0n

Neo Member
been playing a variation of the "crusher" shaman deck. maybe not the best deck out there, but its easily the most fun I've had playing the game. situations such as this are actually not uncommon.

It's all about using a ton of taunt minions to set up for huge late game combos. Gets wrecked by hunter pretty bad though, and I'm seeing a lot of them lately. Here's my list for anyone curious. Definitely recommend it as a fun and also viable shaman deck.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ooze and druid how?

Spuck-uk

Banned
Turn 10 Kel'Thuzad + Reincarnation is completely evil.

2 x 6/8's that, if you dont kill them both in the same turn, will return and duplicate everything you toss at the opponent.

SUCH a good card for shaman, shame the meta has so many faceroll hunters at the moment.

Haly

Shamans are free to Hunters tho. No life gain is killer.

Haly

That's the big thing. In order for Shaman to live the Kel'Thuzad dream, the Hunter gets 8 turns of pew pew pew. Even assuming all they did those turns was use hero power, that's still half your life!!!

And then you make a billion 4/5s and they Unleash combo you for 20 damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom