• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

So I was just playing Arena, got disconnected despite my internet connection being okay, reconnected with it saying it was the opponent's turn. His time ran out and then it was his turn again! Really Hearthstone? Really?

Special C

From the Fireside Chat blog update:

What good is adding this compatibility if I can't download and access the game on Windows 8 on a Surface 2? Sometimes, all I have is my BF's Surface around and I'd love to play it on that. No dice.

Am I missing something? It's not on the Windows Store for that device, and I don't think there's any other way to get apps on a Surface.

It just changed a few features when you are using touch like I am on a Surface Pro 2. Little things like before you had to long press to simulate a right click to emote and now you can single press. Made it easier to manager your decks (deleting and renaming)

Mixed2k

vT2O00k.jpg
Aw Yiss modafucking legendary.
Something that I wanted to have since the first season but never had the patience.
Surprisingly it didn't take as long as I expected after rank 5, but boy did I have to use my head a bit more than usual.

For anyone wondering : rank 5-4 Malygod miracle / 3 shaman / 2 deathrattle priest and finally rank 1 I took no pity of the fools who faced my zoo gul'dan, I crushed them all.

Rank 1 was honestly the easiest, a lot of control decks and low rank legend players with crap decks, like a deathrattle priest running leper gnome.
Now I can go back to fun mode instead of tryhard.
Am I finally part of elite hearthstone gaf?

caesar

Banned
Aw Yiss modafucking legendary.
Something that I wanted to have since the first season but never had the patience.
Surprisingly it didn't take as long as I expected after rank 5, but boy did I have to use my head a bit more than usual.

For anyone wondering : rank 5-4 Malygod miracle / 3 shaman / 2 deathrattle priest and finally rank 1 I took no pity of the fools who faced my zoo gul'dan, I crushed them all.

Rank 1 was honestly the easiest, a lot of control decks and low rank legend players with crap decks, like a deathrattle priest running leper gnome.
Now I can go back to fun mode instead of tryhard.
Am I finally part of elite hearthstone gaf?

Grats, feels good.

Yeah from rank 2 onwards there isn't really any difference, but dat card back.

So I was just playing Arena, got disconnected despite my internet connection being okay, reconnected with it saying it was the opponent's turn. His time ran out and then it was his turn again! Really Hearthstone? Really?

You reconnected after your turn already finished, even though it appeared different.

iirate

http://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/2jwdcu/brand_new_an_arenastyle_open_tournament_for/

Arena-style open tournament for NA. Can't join because my NA-account doesn't really have enough cards for it, but the set-up sounds awesome. I did a draft on the site and it's really cool.

I really shouldn't have done this at 1 in the morning. I think my deck is pretty decent, nothing crazy, but I totally drafted a Zombie Chow when I'm still 1000 gold away from actually owning the wing it's in... > <

Neki

Just hit legend, did miracle rogue all the way until rank 3, and then basically switched between control warrior and miracle rogue, until rank 2, where I just control warriored my way to victory.

It also helped I only faced one hunter from rank 1 to legend, warrior crushes druid and rogue. It's ridiculous how strong hunter is, I can get a great opening against hunter like fiery war axe + double armor smith + into belcher and still lose the game, but I suspect that's on the strength of undertaker + low drops means you always have a good curve. Every hunter game I lost was because they either got double undertaker opening or double leper gnome opening, like how do you beat that shit? And then either animal companion or bow on turn 3. It's like clockwerk every game.

ViviOggi

Quick thought: Silence bodies should be stronger. No non-Warlock class can really afford to run 1 HP Owls that die to anything from hero powers to Voidwalkers and Spellbreaker's 4/3 is absurdly bad stat distribution for a 4-drop. I think 2/2 and 3/4 or maybe even 4/4 respectively would be completely fine while weakening the stupid Naxx value cards by making silences more viable to run across decks.

Quick thought: Silence bodies should be stronger. No non-Warlock class can really afford to run 1 HP Owls that die to anything from hero powers to Voidwalkers and Spellbreaker's 4/3 is absurdly bad stat distribution for a 4-drop. I think 2/2 and 3/4 or maybe even 4/4 respectively would be completely fine while weakening the stupid Naxx value cards by making silences more viable to run across decks.

I think it's okay to leave those cards the way they are if they're planning on introducing better cards in the expansion. They're in a tricky place because they can't exactly just say certain cards are dead(you need them for arena anyway). If they "fix" older cards to bring them more in line with naxx cards then where do the new cards fit in? They'll have to come up with a new mechanic to make them worthwhile. Which isn't great because that leads to mechanic bloat and that's definitely something they're weary of.

There's gonna be a lot hanging on the next expansion and I think it'll determine if this game has a future.

zoukka

Nah Silence minions need to be weak bodies otherwise they would be too great of value and be an autoinclude in every deck since they almost always have valid targets.

caesar

Banned
Just hit legend, did miracle rogue all the way until rank 3, and then basically switched between control warrior and miracle rogue, until rank 2, where I just control warriored my way to victory.

It also helped I only faced one hunter from rank 1 to legend, warrior crushes druid and rogue. It's ridiculous how strong hunter is, I can get a great opening against hunter like fiery war axe + double armor smith + into belcher and still lose the game, but I suspect that's on the strength of undertaker + low drops means you always have a good curve. Every hunter game I lost was because they either got double undertaker opening or double leper gnome opening, like how do you beat that shit? And then either animal companion or bow on turn 3. It's like clockwerk every game.
So lucky, I just play 90% hunters. >.>

You know exactly what they're gonna do but sometimes you just can't do shit about it.

Minsc

Gold Member
So lucky, I just play 90% hunters. >.>

You know exactly what they're gonna do but sometimes you just can't do shit about it.

Undertaker x2 + Mad Scientist x2 + Webspinner x2 for their opening hand (and first two draws), they go second. Hope you have your turn 4 mass dispel and turn 5 holy nova ready!

Sounds unlikely, but the number of games I play against hunters with both undertakers followed with a webspinner and/or mad scientist is much higher than it has any right to be.

I read Blizzard (Ben Brode on twitter anyway) said Undertaker is functioning as intended and they have no intentions of changing the card, but damn we better get some more incredible 1-drops, at least on the tier of undertaker soon with this expansion.

It'd be nice to have 5 or 6 different types of 1 drops that are as (or more) threatening than Undertaker, so every game isn't about who got their Undertaker first.

Worst thing too is if your hand is undertaker + scientist and you go second, and they dropped undertaker on their first turn, you can't even use your undertaker to get rid of their undertaker since yours will be 1/2 and they will have a 2/3 one (or 3/4) when they go.

Minsc

Gold Member
20M players,but only 500k unique players? That's an average of 40 accounts per player...

No, each one of those icons represent 500k players, there's 42 of them I believe. So ~21 million players.

Blizz is unknowingly acknowledging the shaman bot problem.

Lol, nice catch. But shouldn't Warlock bots outnumber Shaman ones for hero power usage? Looks like more evidence for those who say there are no bots, just people who think they are playing bots.

gutshot

This is why I'm loving druid at the moment. Keepers are so good in the current meta. I'm even thinking of running a spellbreaker as well, just because with all the undertakers, sludge belchers and legendaries running around, you can never have too much silence it seems.

Xanathus

Lol, nice catch. But shouldn't Warlock bots outnumber Shaman ones for hero power usage? Looks like more evidence for those who say there are no bots, just people who think they are playing bots.

There are much less zoo bots and zoo players nowadays, and zoo uses their hero power less compared to shamans because they tend to have more low drops to play.

Minsc

Gold Member
There are much less zoo bots and zoo players nowadays, and zoo uses their hero power less compared to shamans because they tend to have more low drops to play.

True, but this is for overall (not just last month or something), and Zoo bots have had a more prominent run I think (due to cheaper barrier to entry too maybe)... maybe not. Though the few streams I watched a Zoo play (and win) they do use their hero power quite a bit after turn 4, maybe 3-5 times a game, and their games should be faster I'd think too, giving them a slight advantage in games per hour or whatever.

That aside, it is kinda weird not seeing hunter or warlock in the top 3 spots, given how often they're encountered (and hunter does use their power a TON), I mean Zoo has got to be the most complained about meta in the game's history, so surprised Warlock isn't there.

hunter was more or less unplayed until they made unleash cost 2 mana. so it had a lot of ground to make up. warlock wasn't played much until zoo became popular. shaman has always been consistent.

Mage hero power has to come from her being a windmill slam choice in Arena, right?
yeah. plus it's just really good in general because it lets you make favorable trades.

inky

hunter was more or less unplayed until they made unleash cost 2 mana. so it had a lot of ground to make up. warlock wasn't played much until zoo became popular. shaman has always been consistent.

UTH and Hunter was played a lot way before that. They've nerfed the card twice already, although it had a different effect back then. It was something like Charge and +1 to all that was used in extremely powerful combos.

UTH and Hunter was played a lot way before that. They've nerfed the card twice already, although it had a different effect back then. It was something like Charge and +1 to all that was used in extremely powerful combos.

yeah but when it was that it was super early beta when few people were playing.

CoolOff

So, that page I linked is doing a EU Arena tournament on Sunday, I can join! Just did my draft:

Class Cards
1 Deadly Poison x1
2 Blade Flurry x1
2 Defias Ringleader x1
3 Fan of Knives x1

Neutral Cards
1 Worgen Infiltrator x1
2 Acidic Swamp Ooze x1
2 Bluegill Warrior x1
2 Ironbeak Owl x1
2 Knife Juggler x1
2 Loot Hoarder x1
2 Murloc Tidehunter x1
2 River Crocolisk x1
2 Youthful Brewmaster x1
3 Acolyte of Pain x1
3 Blood Knight x1
3 Demolisher x1
3 Earthen Ring Farseer x1
3 Flesheating Ghoul x1
3 Mind Control Tech x1
3 Wolfrider x1
4 Ancient Mage x1
4 Chillwind Yeti x1
4 Gnomish Inventor x1
4 Spellbreaker x1
5 Azure Drake x2
5 Frostwolf Warlord x1
5 Stampeding Kodo x1
6 Argent Commander x1
9 Onyxia x1

Decent enough. No backstabs or eviscerates is a pain though.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
"Most played hero powers" looks more like a per capita thing. Shaman use their hero power more than any other class. That doesn't mean the total times the button is clicked is higher. That's why warrior is in the top three and warlock or hunter isn't. Control warrior hits that button so often.

johnsmith

remember me
So less than 15% of players have ever lived the dream of 12 arena wins? A lot less than 15%, since most good arena players have gotten it multiple times.

Haunted

So less than 15% of players have ever lived the dream of 12 arena wins? A lot less than 15%, since most good arena players have gotten it multiple times.
I've gotten 11 twice, never 12. Really surprised at the number of players who managed to do it.

There is no way Maexxna is the hardest Naxx boss. People probably stopped trying Heroic after the first wing. :lol
Both of the bosses mentioned are from the first wing - the number of people who only have the first wing (since it was free for a while) probably explains that.

Leezard

Huh. I've gotten it 3-4 times, I would assume that it would be slightly more common to have done it at least once.

Never realized so many people take it so hard when I say Well Played. I guess it's like an offensive GG in SC2 if the winner uses it first... so I can see it I guess.

Personally, I guess I'm a glass half-full type, because it never bothers me and I always assume they mean it sincerely.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It really isn't.

Why not? In Hearthstone, you don't necessarily know you're dead until your opponent lands the final blow. It makes sense for the victor to say Well Played when they are the first to know you are dead. I say Well Played at the end of every match and I never intend for it to be gloating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom