• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT2| Created by Unstable Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was only a matter of time for HS to get its first ddos crisis

While the weak link is most likely Skype as always I wouldn't be surprised if IPs were leaked by the client either

Its actually more like the third or fourth tournament to have "DDOS" issues. Not entirely convinced just cause someone disconnects its DDOS but there have been assumed DDOS attacks in a few other tournaments as well.

Alright folks, sorry to bother everyone since we're probably all sick of this by now, but I lucked into a golden Anima Golem that suddenly became 400 dust and now we're looking at another Legendary to be crafted:

I want:
Baron Geddon
Cenarius
Neptulon
Prophet Velen
Sneed's Old Shredder

I have:
Al'Akir the Windlord
Alexstrasa
Archmage Antonidas
The Black Knight
Bloodmage Thalnos
Cairne Bloodhoof
Dr. Boom
Edwin Van Cleef
Foe Reaper 4000
Grommash Hellscream
Harrison Jones
Lord Jarraxus
Malorne
Malygos
Ragnaros the Firelord
Sylvanas Windrunner
Tirion Fordring
Troggzor the Earthinator
Vol'jin
Ysera
All Naxx legendaries

Willing to listen to any other suggestions. I'm leaning towards Geddon but I find Control Warrior really boring.

My current decks for laddering:
jy1c0Tm.png

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Some people have it like burned into their brain that you can only use rockbiter on your hero. Two games in a row I've had people take 6 face damage with it instead of just putting it on the creature that runs into mine anyway.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
The mage that ended you was pretty much a good example of the average HS player right now. Straight for the face and a cunt :p

Took forever to play that last fireball too. D=

Anyways, I went 10 wins and 8 wins with Shaman and Paladin respectively. With the Paladin deck I had 2 Consecrates and 2 Avenging Wraths, so that was a LOT of AoE. Got pretty lucky with the drafts today. Thanks for everybody to came and watched.

Biochet

Alright folks, sorry to bother everyone since we're probably all sick of this by now, but I lucked into a golden Anima Golem that suddenly became 400 dust and now we're looking at another Legendary to be crafted:

I want:
Baron Geddon
Cenarius
Neptulon
Prophet Velen
Sneed's Old Shredder

I have:
Al'Akir the Windlord
Alexstrasa
Archmage Antonidas
The Black Knight
Bloodmage Thalnos
Cairne Bloodhoof
Dr. Boom
Edwin Van Cleef
Foe Reaper 4000
Grommash Hellscream
Harrison Jones
Lord Jarraxus
Malorne
Malygos
Ragnaros the Firelord
Sylvanas Windrunner
Tirion Fordring
Troggzor the Earthinator
Vol'jin
Ysera
All Naxx legendaries

Willing to listen to any other suggestions. I'm leaning towards Geddon but I find Control Warrior really boring.

baron for that complete warrior deck or cenarius, the others aren't so good compared to these two

Dahbomb

Drafted a scumbag Mage Arena deck with double Pyroblasts (but no Fireballs). So far 5-1 and the one game I lost the guy got lucky and top decked that new Paladin card that gives like 4 heal. He was dead next turn to Pyroblast lol.

ViviOggi

I want:
Baron Geddon
Cenarius
Neptulon
Prophet Velen
Sneed's Old Shredder

I have:
Al'Akir the Windlord
Alexstrasa
Archmage Antonidas
The Black Knight
Bloodmage Thalnos
Cairne Bloodhoof
Dr. Boom
Edwin Van Cleef
Foe Reaper 4000
Grommash Hellscream
Harrison Jones
Lord Jarraxus
Malorne
Malygos
Ragnaros the Firelord
Sylvanas Windrunner
Tirion Fordring
Troggzor the Earthinator
Vol'jin
Ysera
All Naxx legendaries

You're boring get that Baron

Being pretty lazy here, but does anyone have any tips/guides to build a cheap but capable Druid deck? Pretty new to this so I have little dust.

Cheers

Ive been running mid-range hunter on the ladder, and i must say.....i feel dirty.

I've only had one nutty game with Undertaker. Had 2 4/5's out against priest.

The real all-star is kill command. Ridiculous nuke.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Ive been running mid-range hunter on the ladder, and i must say.....i feel dirty.

I've only had one nutty game with Undertaker. Had 2 4/5's out against priest.

The real all-star is kill command. Ridiculous nuke.

Kill command with a beast out is headed towards OP territory.

Raxus

i got a second nozdormu today guys :( I was all excited too when i checked the card and saw yellow.....fuck you RNG!

Speaking of RNG gods, Minsc saw me get a gold Archmage Antonidas. I am only missing a handful of legendaries now and it is my second golden legendary!

BraXzy

I've not played Hearthstone for months and months but I got a sudden urge to play it so I figured I'd hop on for a couple of games. I totally forgot what my deck was or how it was set up but yolo.

WON TWO GAMES AND IT FELT GOOD! :D

Edit: Just noticed the new expansion. If I buy Goblin cards, can they be mixed in with current sets? How does that work? I've done a google on the expansion but can't really get much info on it besides yay spectator mode, ooh new cards.

johnsmith

remember me
I've not played Hearthstone for months and months but I got a sudden urge to play it so I figured I'd hop on for a couple of games. I totally forgot what my deck was or how it was set up but yolo.

WON TWO GAMES AND IT FELT GOOD! :D

Edit: Just noticed the new expansion. If I buy Goblin cards, can they be mixed in with current sets? How does that work? I've done a google on the expansion but can't really get much info on it besides yay spectator mode, ooh new cards.

Yes, all the cards work together. Open some packs, and just add them to your existing decks if you want.

BraXzy

Aaand there goes my winning streak. Bed time for me.. After playing a lot of Dota recently which can take 40 mins - 1 hour per game, it's nice to play something that's still competitive but short and sweet. I don't know why I stopped playing.

I'm tilting. Have fallen back to Rank 8 and I'm getting pissed. Terrible, terrible luck. The one game I play tempo rogue and I get a Druid that's wild growth into wild growth for a 3-mana advantage the whole game.

I never get Turn 1 Undertaker playing hunter, and if I do, I get nothing to combo it with.

Pop out my Druid and face Muster -> Muster -> Quartermaster Paladins with no response in sight.

This fucking game is out to get me I swear.

And every other game is hunter which is 50/50 at best with any class. Handlock is okay if you get moltens and healbots, but even then you'll just get Kill Commanded over your taunts 60% of the time.

IceMarker

How the fuck is placing me constantly against people with 5+ legendary decks? Losing streaks are bullshit.

I'm about ready to just make a shitty Zoolock/Facehunter deck just to spite everyone.

Celegus

Woooo finally got a GvG legendary! Trade Prince Gallywix - sounds interesting, definitely good enough to warrant a place in my rogue deck.

Dahbomb

Scumbag Pyro Mage Arena deck went to 10 wins. One game I lost because two Pyros were sitting in my hand doing nothing but it did win me one game where I Pyro'd a Warlock twice to win it. All 3 losses were to Paladin, I expected to lose to Priests. One more Flamestrike in the deck (had only 1) could've allowed me to go to 12 wins.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I think Gnomish Experimenter would be a much more interesting card if it had your opponent draw the card instead.

It would also be a much worse card if it did that. It'd only be used in mill decks at best.

I think gnomish experimenter actually is a pretty interesting card as it is.

I personally think 3/2 stats are fine for a 3 drop. There aren't a lot of 2/4s being ran and I think that would be the worst case scenario, aside from si7 agent or keeper of the grove. When you are in a match up that isn't going to fatigue, you'll never get full use of all your cards in your deck anyway, so losing a minion to become a chicken isn't as bad as it sounds.

It might not be good enough to ever run in a constructed deck, but at least it is interesting.

I personally think 3/2 stats are fine for a 3 drop. There aren't a lot of 2/4s being ran and I think that would be the worst case scenario, aside from si7 agent or keeper of the grove. When you are in a match up that isn't going to fatigue, you'll never get full use of all your cards in your deck anyway, so losing a minion to become a chicken isn't as bad as it sounds.

The problem with the "unless you go to fatigue" argument is that it assumes there is no synergy between the cards in your deck. As the simplest example, losing an acolyte of pain is a pretty big deal if it is your only card draw.

You still might not get to fatigue, but you also probably will not get the cards out that you needed or be able to pull off a combo.

Dahbomb

If Gnomish Inventory drew a card for the opponent and turned it into a chicken then I would play it on both of my Mill/Fatigue decks. Considering most of the matches on Ladder are played against rushdown/aggro decks with a ton of minion count, this card would be insane in those types of decks as it would almost always guaranteed a free Polymorph.

As it is right now it's only really usable in spell heavy/combo decks although there are probably much better ways to draw than this card.

The problem with the "unless you go to fatigue" argument is that it assumes there is no synergy between the cards in your deck. As the simplest example, losing an acolyte of pain is a pretty big deal if it is your only card draw.

You still might not get to fatigue, but you also probably will not get the cards out that you needed or be able to pull off a combo.

If you don't go to fatigue, you would never get that extra card to use anyway. If you're running a combo deck that requires 1 specific minion that you only have 1 of, then GE probably doesn't belong there in the first place. It makes more sense to use a different card draw if you're playing a deck built that needs a combo to win.

Combo decks are really a thing of the past anyway. I mean, even FON+SR is moving out of style. But on that note, neither FON or SR are minions and thus only benefit from GE when drawn.

edit:
I also think of it more along the lines of a tempo or aggro card. Can help keep the pace of minions on board and you'll draw into additional burn cards that you would never have gotten in a meaningful amount of time. There is literally no card draw mechanic for aggro on turn 3 that I can think of (coldlight oracle is the next closest but it is a very bad turn 3 play). You have acolyte which is basically worthless for an aggro or tempo deck. It probably wouldn't work in zoo, since you could lose pretty hard by turning a doomguard into chicken and that is the deck's burn, but in hunter you're probably okay with 1 highmane turning into a chicken every once in a while. The other times you draw a minion it'll be like turning a 2/2 into a 1/1 or something like that. And when you get a spell, that is one additional resource available to you for almost not cost on your minion's stats.

Dahbomb

I think running that card in an aggro deck is awful. The card itself is easy to kill off, it's not sticky enough or fast enough.

We are talking about decks that run 3/2s or 2/3s as a fucking 1 drop (Flame Imp, Zombie Chow, Undertaker, Mana Wyrm etc)... ain't no one got time for a 3/2 3 drop that turns one of your minions into a worthless piece of crap.

You are much better off running Jeeves in an aggro deck. It comes out 1 turn later but it has the potential to draw you more cards and basically rewards you for dumping your hand. Sure your opponent can draw more cards but so what... you are going to burn them down before they get to use most of them.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, I don't think he's good in an aggro deck. I could maybe see some decks using him if the chicken was 0 mana. As is, hell no.

Even the ideal deck for him that focus on spells still tend to have a big minion they hinge a lot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom