• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavy Rain and a new ps3 game shown behind closed doors at E3

°°ToMmY°° said:
next month heavy rain and fumito ueda's game will be shown at GC.

i heard this from a game journalist who attended e3 (probably team ico game was shown behind closed along with heavy rain).

homer_angry2.gif

bullplop. i'll kill you if you're lying.

raviolico

°°ToMmY°° said:
next month heavy rain and fumito ueda's game will be shown at GC.

i heard this from a game journalist who attended e3 (probably team ico game was shown behind closed along with heavy rain).

ooook...sounds nice - but you know where this ends: heard it from a guy who heard it from
Uedas mum and so on...

webrunner

Why show a game behind closed doors? You're showing it to a few journalists who cant say anything about it.. as a result, they can't even do their job as journalists so why are they even there?

Why show it at all if you're going to show it to, what, two people who can't say anything? What's the point?

i've just sent him a mail to ask some more info.

i'll keep you updated.

i tranlated what he said: "sony'conference was a bit slow due to a management error and i'd like to remeber to you that two gems are coming: heavy rain and team ico game. and i'd like to remeber to you that GC in Leipzig (or whatever it is) will be much more sony-centric."

°°ToMmY°° said:
i've just sent him a mail to ask some more info.

i'll keep you updated.

i tranlated what he said: "sony'conference was a bit slow due to a management error and i'd like to remeber to you that two gems are coming: heavy rain and team ico game. and i'd like to remeber to you that GC in Leipzig (or whatever it is) will be much more sony-centric."

well at least we have something to keep the thread going :D

Dante

N'gai said:
Heavy Rain wowed the crowd. Hate to be a tease, but we can't say more other than if you liked Indigo Prophecy, you'll *love* this.

I knew it wouldn't dissapoint!!!!

Betcha it was the BBC game.

roMonster

Alright, so is this secret game different from the BBC blogsters game? Becuase I thought the blogster was talking about a game by SCE London (or Cambridge) or Heavy Rain.

Or is it the same game that the OPM lady was talking about OPM mentioned in their top 5 2009 anticipated games list (unless that was MAG).

This is confusing.

Issun23

roMonster said:
Alright, so is this secret game different from the BBC blogsters game? Becuase I thought the blogster was talking about a game by SCE London (or Cambridge) or Heavy Rain.

Or is it the same game that the OPM lady was talking about OPM mentioned in their top 5 2009 anticipated games list (unless that was MAG).

This is confusing.

We can't be sure which games those two were talking about. They could be the same, or entirely different ones. BBC's can't be Heavy Rain though as it was already announced at the time of viewing.

KZObsessed

roMonster said:

This is confusing.

OPM Lady's No. 5 was MAG (confirmed by Zipper dev in Sony E3 Prediction Thread)
The BBC blogger "secret game" was an unannounced title so it wasn't Heavy Rain.

Heavy Rain is separate from both... most likely :p

Spoo

Alright. I'm excited. If - and only if - David Cage learned his lesson with Fahrenheit (game was awesome, but so many problems that no doubt stem from ambition coupled with amateurity), Heavy Rain could be the next big thing :D

Regardless, this may call for a GAF plays Indigo Prophecy thread!

It's cool that N'Gai liked it. I bet he was hitting people behind him with his hair during the presentation.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Spoo said:
Alright. I'm excited. If - and only if - David Cage learned his lesson with Fahrenheit (game was awesome, but so many problems that no doubt stem from ambition coupled with amateurity), Heavy Rain could be the next big thing :D
He said he did. IP was undoubtedly rushed (you could tell that the ending hardly made any sense, as it unexplainably skipped things) but it was also a flawed ambition. He promised HR won't have any funky fantasy cyber matrix stuff in it. I think it must have been beaten into his head how much people liked the game before it went all cyber matrix.

Spoo

Marconelly said:
He said he did. IP was undoubtedly rushed (you could tell that the ending hardly made any sense, as it unexplainably skipped things) but it was also a flawed ambition. He promised HR won't have any funky fantasy cyber matrix stuff in it. I think it must have been beaten into his head how much people liked the game before it went all cyber matrix.

Just so long as there aren't any 20 min+ QTEs :D

Someone linked me the interview on GamaSutra where Cage was talking about how he fucked up, and how he was going to fix it for HR. It sounded pretty genuine and insightful; I'm glad that we still have designers these days who aren't afraid to say 'we fucked up', and try to address that.

I eagerly anticipate Liepzeg for this.

Wow...damn Im stoked.

Well if this is the layout Sony is thinking I believe they are putting together a incredible lineup for the year.

E3
-KILLZONE 2
-INFAMOUS
-R2

LEIPZIG
-SOTC 2
-HEAVY RAIN
-Expaned KZ2 details

TGS
-WHITE KNIGHT STORY
-RPG's!!! PAHLLEEASE

Sutanreyu

Third time we've heard about this "super secret game".

In the least, we now now that it may be a Team ICO game.

Can't wait 'til August, I guess.

Top Bottom