• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Henkei Shoujo - Cute girls doing.....wait...what!?

jstripes

Banned
The transformation into a fighter jet leaves small openings for cleavage and panty shots?

Can we just, like, end the otaku thing already.

John Blade

What did I just watch? I am so confuse
tenor.gif

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
And the wonder why I can't play SHMUPS anymore. They have become so loaded with fanservice it's crazy. Fansservice of underage girls with gigantic boobs, try buying that box in the toystore :(.

That's why you preorder it and have it delivered to your door. Nobody has to know but you.

(Well, maybe the delivery person: when I got my Senran Kagura special edition delivered, the box from Marvelous had a barcode/delivery label shaped like a pair of boobs. 10/10 Marvelous)

AWAKE! JUDGEMENT GUN MORPHING!

Thanks for reminding me of a show that did this much better. All hand-drawn, as well!

13ruce

Banned
Haha wtf.
Amazing how crazy this is. I like anime but this fan service is super insane tho. I kinda avoid such things. But i don't watch much Anime anymore anyway lol.

Coming from someone who enjoys and has watched his fair share of anime...This is why Anime, deservedly, gets the bad rep it has. Stupid shit like this. "Subverting the trope" my ass. This is trash. Maybe anime really was a mistake.

Skittles

Or I can call dumb shit out as the dumb shit it is, and furthermore attribute it to the fan culture that made the dumb shit so financially viable that we're now at the point where we're justifying dumb shit because it's not being "played straight," whatever being "played straight" even means.

Parodying a thing by merely doing the thing you're parodying doesn't make for a good parody.
I see people use the same defense for Kill La Kill, doesnt make it any less garbage

Nepenthe

I see people use the same defense for Kill La Kill, doesnt make it any less garbage

I've never seen KLK, but the art and gifs I've seen make it seem like a world that's based around, like, clothing, scissors, tailoring and stuff- where women and men are equally susceptible to the universe's rules- and from there I don't get the impression of this kind of gross fan service, or at least the kind of fanservice that can barely be defended by a Thermian argument.

But then again, I haven't watched it, soooooo.

I really dont think this is meant to be taken at face value at all. It's parody man.

Each short is concluded with images of the girls doing regular dakimakura-like pose complete with their body measurements. It's kinda obvious what the purpose of the whole property is, even if it contains elements of parody.

I see there is some debate on whether its satire or not. I don't think it is because the title is a play on kanji meanings. We all know Hentai (変態)、which is for Japanese anime adult content. Hentai can also be written like this (変体) to mean change ones bodily form. However since the girls turn from humans to machines they seems to switch out (体) for (形) which is used for when something looks like something else (inanimate). Also the adverts after each episode.

I see there is some debate on whether its satire or not. I don't think it is because the title is a play on kanji meanings. We all know Hentai (変態)、which is for Japanese anime adult content. Hentai can also be written like this (変体) to mean change ones bodily form. However since the girls turn from humans to machines they seems to switch out (体) for (形) which is used for when something looks like something else (inanimate). Also the adverts after each episode.

i feel like this post is peak weeabo

Skittles

I've never seen KLK, but the art and gifs I've seen make it seem like a world that's based around, like, clothing, scissors, tailoring and stuff- where women and men are equally susceptible to the universe's rules- and from there I don't get the impression of this kind of gross fan service, or at least the kind of fanservice that can barely be defended by a Thermian argument.

But then again, I haven't watched it, soooooo.
Nopeee, don't believe anyone who says that to justify it. The camera is consistently on the character's ass/tits most of the time. There's no woman empowerment or trope aversion/parody in that show.

I feel like having a grasp on languages other than English measures rather weak on the "fanaticism of other's culture and media" scale.

I see your point

But I feel like the specific words he showed knowledge of, in combination with the specific content this knowledge was used to analyze in depth, justifies my joke

Omadahl

Banned
Oh god... I can't catch my breath after watching that gif. I'm laughing so damn hard. This is why society needs to fall.

Dreavus

Nopeee, don't believe anyone who says that to justify it. The camera is consistently on the character's ass/tits most of the time. There's no woman empowerment or trope aversion/parody in that show.

Yeah, I think to say anything else is giving the show way to much credit.

Top Bottom