• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hero Emblems |OT| A True Match-3 RPG Successor to Puzzle Quest (IOS)

redcrayon

Has anyone managed to match two of the emblem tiles yet? I tried it out earlier, everyone's super move goes off at once, it's grand!

Mike M

Nick N
Has anyone managed to match two of the emblem tiles yet? I tried it out earlier, everyone's super move goes off at once, it's grand!
I thought about, but I remember working two such pieces in Bejeweled together and swapping, but all it did was cancel each other out : (

Spruchy

Just bought because of you guys, will update with my impressions later, commuting back to Jersey for the weekend from NYC so this should be fun.

Tizoc

Got this recently and am having a blast. The English translation leaves much to be desired and I really hate Trista lol.
Otherwise its yet another match 3 drug for me and I like it.

redcrayon

Man, the final boss of this is no joke! The Dark Palace was really tough too. Need to have a bit of a think.

Edit: and it's done, the level 9 emblems did the trick. The knight's shield skill where it doesn't let any status effects through and also blocks most of the damage seems essential for the later bosses.

From the devs Facebook:

It is about 1 month since Hero Emblems was released. We are busy on new updates. Besides bugs fixes, here are something we are going to do :
1. Support iCloud Sync.
2. Add a Casual Mode. it will be somewhat lower the difficulty and the party will keep the coins/exp/items when fail the quest.
3. Better localization. Better English translation and support Simplified Chinese.
4. New challenge stages/quests, 10th Emblems and Achievements system.
We hope to release the update that contain the first 3 items before Chinese New Year.
For the 4th item, we will try to finish it soon. Please be patient and stay tuned.

Chinese New Year is in a couple of weeks.

Jawmuncher

Casual Mode?
Hell yeah I'm gonna be all over that.
Game is way too tough for me, and I don't like the grind. My 3 hours of playtime 90% of that was grinding.

Tizoc

Casual Mode?
Hell yeah I'm gonna be all over that.
Game is way too tough for me, and I don't like the grind. My 3 hours of playtime 90% of that was grinding.

I kinda like the grinding somewhat but I agree, it could REALLY go without the grinding oof.

Tak3n

Banned
casual mode is out, but you can just switch to it, so be warned if you are deep into the game, it restarts you

Syril

I just updated and the sound completely stopped working. Maybe I should let the developers know since I'm not using the current iOS?

Oh nevermind. It looks like they updated it to respect the mute switch. Most iPhone games I've played don't do that.

Finally finished it. I took a break waiting for an improved translation, but after the update came with no changes, i picked it up again. Took me about 5 tries to beat the end boss.

Excluding the translation, was a lot of fun.

New content coming soon
https://twitter.com/HeatPotGames/status/607209647565475840
CG099JfVIAEqVgC.png

CG099HFUkAAwsvH.png

Top Bottom