• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Alur

I thought you were kidding about this part. I tried another real human match because IDGAF and someone took the shooting blue loli (tutorial hero) so I took the other free dude they gave you at the start. I wasn't clicking on the buy stuff button fast enough. I was doing whatever I felt like on the map it was insane. They gave this guy the same move set as Diablo but with a passive combo like the multiple palm move from kharazim and a go faster button ultimate lmao. I'm going to enjoy this until my MMR gets adjusted. The only reason I died was because I forgot that in LoL style games tower aggros you when you dive below them. Even then, they were all dead 2v1 with tower shots.

Yun Zhao was pretty strong at all MMR ranges when we last played, no clue if he is now, but yeah his Diablo style grab/displacement is very strong starting out. There's a decent mix of good melee versus good range. That range hero you want wasn't very good back when we played IIRC, but I played two games yesterday and the player on her dominated in both.

I also wouldn't worry about "starting MMR". I've played 51 matches and have a 64.71% winrate, and prior to a three loss streak right when Milly quit playing it was like 75%. The stomping seems doable for quite a while. I used to main Bruno, but they changed his voice and it just wasn't the same. Bruno has a skin that looks like they tried to get as close to Lucio as they could. I've played the most games on Freya, who was OP when we used to play but appears to be much weaker now, and also Miya.

The best part about this game is gone now, though. The announcer for English speaking countries used to be this way over the top, super hammy broken English dude and it was fucking hilariously awesome. They removed that and put in a more League style announcer it appears. Wish I could get that old one back.

Edit: Ironically after saying this is the game without latency issues, I've had stutters in all 3 of my games since yesterday while sitting right next to the router.

Milly79

I had issues with latency in both games, haven't tried either since I got a new router.

I would be down to try ML again, but probably not VG. I preferred the faster pace of ML and really only cared for the battle royale in VG.

Oddly enough I follow ML on FB and their tournament streams get more viewers than HoTD did. Not sure about the finals, but they're typically over 1k viewers.

Kioshen

In HotS news land, HGC Korea is also starting this week-end for those not inclined to watch some NA action. Here's the also the patch that they will be running on which I'm a little sad about, to be honest. They should have started it out with Cassia's right off the bat but I respect that.

There's also this video for Alarak fans. Of course it's a best of video but there's some really neat plays and tricks in there.

============= MLGG stuff (I swear I'm going to stop talking about this soon)

I think I've accepted your friend request, Milly. The name kinda gave it away :p. Alur continues the tradition of having way more alts than necessary. Just finished 21k - 5a - 0d in a 30-5 game with spear guy. I'm sure at this point it's just kids playing this. There's no way I can run around the map, smashing my face on the screen and getting away with barely any health removed.

=============

Alur

In HotS news land, HGC Korea is also starting this week-end for those not inclined to watch some NA action.

If you watch HGC and don't watch NA I wouldn't know what you're doing. It's really the only one with any parity or semblance of storylines. Europe is top heavy and so is Korea. The level of competition has definitely been lower, but it's the more entertaining from my POV if you're not someone with a rooting interest.

============= MLGG stuff (I swear I'm going to stop talking about this soon)

I think I've accepted your friend request, Milly. The name kinda gave it away :p. Alur continues the tradition of having way more alts than necessary. Just finished 21k - 5a - 0d in a 30-5 game with spear guy. I'm sure at this point it's just kids playing this. There's no way I can run around the map, smashing my face on the screen and getting away with barely any health removed.

=============

What is MLGG? It's MLBB is it not? :D

And yeah, Milly and I did the same thing when we started. It'll pick up eventually and you'll start seeing opponents with a strong player or two. The ranked mode is a little better for catching up to your skill level quickly. Frankly I enjoy it, though. Good times. Just wish I knew why it's making me lag now. That alt you added was me playing it on Bluestacks to see if it lags there, but it doesn't. P weird. I invited you to join me when you were on earlier but you never responded.

Kioshen

If you watch HGC and don't watch NA I wouldn't know what you're doing. It's really the only one with any parity or semblance of storylines. Europe is top heavy and so is Korea. The level of competition has definitely been lower, but it's the more entertaining from my POV if you're not someone with a rooting interest.

Some people just want to watch high-level gameplay. I know both EU and Korea are top heavy but I still like watching NA because it's another meta and another approach.

What is MLGG? It's MLBB is it not? :D

And yeah, Milly and I did the same thing when we started. It'll pick up eventually and you'll start seeing opponents with a strong player or two. The ranked mode is a little better for catching up to your skill level quickly. Frankly I enjoy it, though. Good times. Just wish I knew why it's making me lag now. That alt you added was me playing it on Bluestacks to see if it lags there, but it doesn't. P weird. I invited you to join me when you were on earlier but you never responded.

Oh yeah, their stupid subtitle is Bang Bang. I'm sorry for missing the invite but frankly, their interface is pure crap. I honestly don't know where to look if I ever get one.

Alur

Agreed. But then you're probably watching Korea over the other two anyway, right?

And yeah the interface is a little clunky, though with all the stuff they have in it I'm not sure how they could get it all in any other way. They are pretty married to the old League aesthetic in more ways than one.

Kioshen

I've watched all three regions equally, to be honest. I prefer EU/NA over Korea for the casting but I still watch them overall as much as I can.

Alur

Not talking about you specifically Mr. advocate, I'm talking about someone wanting to see high level gameplay. They'd already be watching Korea.

scoobs

Anyone remember when Gilly first started casting and was awful at it? Watching some of these dorm matches, it's amazing how much better she is now. Props to her for improving so much.

Maledict

He should be pretty good on warhead tho he really has to keep track of the enemy team

It's just the size of it, and the fact the fights tend to be quite mobile and he's poor in that environment. His worse maps are actually haunted mines and black hearts bay.

scoobs

I feel like I should be playing Overwatch, but I just can't stand it anymore. Kaplan is a hack.

HotS is my #1 now.

267402_1.jpg

brian!

It's just the size of it, and the fact the fights tend to be quite mobile and he's poor in that environment. His worse maps are actually haunted mines and black hearts bay.

Makes sense, warhead obj is probius's bag and the map is big enough that you basically know where everyone is, but the sprawl hurts him in grouped fights and he can get flanked easily there

Alur

I was worried Khaldor would talk down/dismiss him a bit. I prefer Kaelaris/Trik so far, but yeah they aren't bad.

Apathy

I'm really like zarya and sonya as characters, also played a bit of kharazim. Hope to play some more soon.

Accidentally hit play on a qp match rather than just the ai matches i've been playing, i said fuck it even though I was with a character I had not played at all yet. It was not fun at all. Is it normal to have people die in the first few seconds of a match (like the first engagement)? Like it felt like 2 people on my team got wiped out in the middle lain (their team had 2 in that lane as well) with no fighting at all. just seems odd to die that fast that soon. I am not used to that if that's the norm.

Like halfway through that match I hadn't died at all but my my team just kept running in and dying. That was not fun in the slightest.

Apathy

Then people are just morons then. Why would you overextend or not realize move back. like you don't need to be a pro to know this

Alur

EDIT: I turn on HGC, Kenma gets picked. It's like they never left.

And of course, B Step gonna B Step =/

Then people are just morons then. Why would you overextend or not realize move back. like you don't need to be a pro to know this

That's MOBA lyfe. People don't know when they are in too deep and without voice comms it's hard to gauge when your team will follow you or not no matter how good your engage was.

If it miffs you that badly already that it happens, you're in for a rough time. It's pretty standard fare across every MOBA I've played when starting out. But, FWIW, playing AI isn't good for much of anything but a rough familiarity with the hero and doing quests quickly. It's not really going to improve you in any way that wouldn't be increased many fold by playing in Quick Match or Unranked or any other PVP mode. You just kind of have to take the lumps and go with it.

brian!

Are nvt the first tychus team today? Havent really been paying attention to tychus but he'd be great in this meta if he's playable

Alur

McIntyre on Auriel? With Malf? What am I missing here? Like I get the Auriel with Gul'dan...but da fuq double support and Mc is one of them?

EDIT: The between game highlight thing was pretty cool.

Alur

Feels bad watching them look like this. I hate it. It's like when your favorite player in sports reaches the end of his career and won't quit, thinks he still has it but doesn't...only this time it's the whole team.

man NA, you crazy. Naventic looks alot better, but it seems like alot of that was due to B-step being too scrappy.

As for GFE, im glad to see them do better, but my guys on Team 8 also looked shaky, not as bad as b-step but still struggled.

I think NA is getting better??????

Also zuna confirmed NA curse for not taking the game seriously before :p

Alur

Was weird to see Zuna admit they hardly played the game and didn't take the first half of the season seriously because they thought they'd just roll it over.

Maledict

NA drafts seem a bit shaky to me. Maybe it was just the games I caught, but feels like they are underestimating lucios current strength and letting him through, whereas he's constantly banned in EU.

Shame about Team 8 though - I like them and GFE so was hoping for a more competitive match. I wonder how much GFe has improved by forcing players onto specific roles and stopping Equinox shot calling.

brian!

Really interesting to see nvt go for natures culling luna in that boe game, i guess obj burn is imperative in this meta

Mine01

Sup guys, after playing overwatch for like a year i wanted to try something else, so now im playing heroes of the storm, level 5 already i think.

1 thing tou, I've only seen the crow map, whats up with that? Are the other maps level restricted or something??

scoobs

Sup guys, after playing overwatch for like a year i wanted to try something else, so now im playing heroes of the storm, level 5 already i think.

1 thing tou, I've only seen the crow map, whats up with that? Are the other maps level restricted or something??
There are like 12 others, you'll get to try them once you play a certain number of games. They want to ease you in, as all the maps are totally different

Top Bottom