• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

psyfi

Banned
I've never been in a GAF community talk about streamers as much as this one. I don't mind it, I'm just curious what the reason is. Is it a MOBA thing? Or are yall just really into streamers?

Alur

Quick match is the most serious of match types.

In some weird way it really is. It's the most played mode by a pretty good margin, and I guess that's where some of that comes from. I think a lot of people never leave it.

Lots of complaints about QM pubs, but no one takes me up on the offer to play nightly with our current trio. :-/

It's a trickier proposition than just getting the group together. I mean, naturally there's the issue of getting 5 people on at once in the same region, but then there's the mitigating factors like MMR. I don't know your MMR outside of Hero League, but if your group ranges from silver to masters like HOTSGAF overall does, it's probably gonna be a worse time than your solo queue matches due to the matchmaker having issues finding proper competition.

That's always been the problem with getting GAF groups together for this game (at least in NA) It's just really hard to play regularly with people who have different MMR than you because it tests the matchmaker which is already struggling to begin with.

The vast majority of nightly active NA GAF is Diamond level or higher. They run groups basically every night. If you're significantly lower MMR, there are a few of those too but some also have their own duos/trios. Ultimately it's up to the player re: what they are willing to potentially suffer through to be in a group instead of solo, but we've been at this for 3 years in the thread and the results of mixed MMR groups have always been pretty bad.

I want to level Cho :(

I can help you level him one night if we had a time. I dunno when you play versus my time. Also why do you want to level Cho? Dat completionist in you eh?

You gotta get with the gang around Alur.

Alur's not in the gang anymore. The rest still play.

Gimme da loot! Could care less about the OW stuff (seriously does anyone that plays regularly not already have all the good stuff out of the standard boxes?) but Heroes om nom nom

Aw man, now this is going to be stuck in my head for the next few days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzvL4O3uomg

And now I want to figure out if one was to make a "hop-hop posse album cover" which HotS character goes where. I want Xul in Timbalands and a big parka crouching close to the camera, Kael'thas using his fire-y hand to spark a massive joint in the back, Tychus all thugged out, Stitches standing in for Ol' Dirty Bastard, etc.

I wonder if I set up a little audio macro that plays the chorus of MOP's Ante Up every time I hit a Stiches hook. "ANTE UP! Yap that fool! ANTE UP! Kidnap that fool! Get em get get em / hit em hit em hit em!"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont even own Cho :(

I do want to get him and play/lvl him eventually tho, love the idea of the hero. And i've seen some monster Cho's in QM.

Celegus

I've never been in a GAF community talk about streamers as much as this one. I don't mind it, I'm just curious what the reason is. Is it a MOBA thing? Or are yall just really into streamers?

Don't know anything about streamers, I just watch HGC. It's so good.

Dahbomb

I don't know any streamers or pro players in this game. I have barely watched any competitive matches in the game.

I am really backwards in that I don't even want to look at pro games/play/tactics until I am past a certain level of understanding in a game. I like to explore the game myself first.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Malth is not that good in solo queue tbh.

He's too ham of a hero, needs A) a healer and B) he needs people to engage when you go in a group and start dotting everything, and most ppl in QM are just afraid to engage (and yet, not afraid to disengage when needed).

I guess he's pretty much like any other melee assassin in the end

scoobs

Playing TL with some ~1900-2400 MMR friends of mine and boy... Genji sure is fun when you're playing lower level guys! :D Won both games in less than 15 minutes.

Basically goes like this:
1) we engage
2) I dragon blade and start dashing through their entire team
3) everyone dies
4) we win

Playing TL with some ~1900-2400 MMR friends of mine and boy... Genji sure is fun when you're playing lower level guys! :D Won both games in less than 15 minutes.

1) we engage
3) everyone dies
4) we win

Works like that at 3k mmr. Can confirm

kirblar

1) we engage
3) everyone dies
4) we win
...have you never watched Pro Overwatch?

Kioshen

Can't be worse than kio

giphy.gif

Y'all need to fix this shit. It's a video game and you're not 13.

As much as I don't like it when mommy and daddy fight over silly things, there's a bigger picture going on. I wouldn't hold my breath over it, unfortunately.

@Alur

Let me know if people in GAF Royale want to start a Brawl Stars clan.

Huh, just hit 2500 on-the-nose for QM MMR on Hotslogs. I wonder if there's a little "nudge factor" in the algorithm that pushes you to nice round numbers if you're just a couple of points off either way.

Prelude.

I had such a fun game with Chromie, I was deleting everyone. I might buy her next week if she's not on sale.
They had an Illidan that hunted me, I think, at least 6 times even though I specifically picked bye-bye for that. It was hilarious.

Second game:

I think I've joined the club.

Also, I don't think I've ever been praised for my skill during a game before.

Rhaknar

me and Prelude just had a 40min match

we Dota now

Rhaknar actively throwing matches to make them go on for longer, while I'm waiting to join the party. All just to avoid me. FeelsBadMan.

yup, thats why im playing Leoric now, so I can die a lot.

Been doing my placements and already getting tired of ranked.

All the bickering really gets to you.

Oh and people thinking they are smart by picking solo healer Lili because we have a Cassia.

Altairre

only way to completely avoid it is to turn off chat.

The wonders of the internet. The ability to communicate with people all over the world while playing a videogame and the experience to know that the best course of action is to completely remove that aspect.

I don't get why Azmodan has two Q talents at level 1. I am generally not a fan of such options, because one always turns out superior to the others.

Altairre

I think it's because they wanted to make his Q build more accessible but they also didn't want to remove the infinite stacking mechanic for people who enjoy that playstyle. If you coordinate with your team taste for blood might still be the better option. Not sure about that though.

Mupod

I like laser build the most but Q is fun too. Azmodunk was the first thing I ever got out of a loot box, it's amazing how a simple skin can make the lamest character Blizzard ever created into something awesome.

I don't actually know which of the two tier 1 talents people prefer. I guess the minions one? I feel like that sometimes takes too long to get going.

Altairre

I like laser build the most but Q is fun too. Azmodunk was the first thing I ever got out of a loot box, it's amazing how a simple skin can make the lamest character Blizzard ever created into something awesome.

I don't actually know which of the two tier 1 talents people prefer. I guess the minions one? I feel like that sometimes takes too long to get going.

Definitely sieging wrath because you can complete it fairly easily. But like I said, if you work together with your team to get the stacking going, especially on smaller maps, you can probably get a lot more out of taste for blood.

Azmodunk was meta in competitive some 2 years ago when Johanna released.

It basically was the OG Quest talent and pros would usually complete it at 500 stacks in under 10 minutes.
Tempostorm's Soldier was the one to come up with the strat.

I usually go for the minion or laser build, checked hotslogs and I had some bad picks for the Q build so I am gonna try some matches and decide again

Just tried the top hotslogs Azmo build, really fun. You take the 2 dunk talents that actually increase the damage and the rest is minion talents. He's a sieging monster and does good hero damage too.

Also I realized while trying out Lunara in a few games and just being miserable every time that I fucking HATE ranged AA heroes. Just can't stand any of them. I don't know how people play them or enjoy them. Lunara, Zul'jin, Raynor, Tychus (he at least has that spray ability that lets you move and shoot) - in the bin with all of them. I like ranged heroes with abilities fine (Li Ming is one of my favorites), but the AA ones I just can't stand to play.

Top Bottom