• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Maledict

Its particularly egregious on Sonya, who at 16 and 20 becomes harder to kill than most tanks and has all that ridiculous self healing. I mean, I understand and agree she shouldn't count as a tank, but equally you can't put her in a game and not have a bruiser on the other side as well.

brian!

Sonya can be run as solo "warrior" imo
Her 16/20 def absurd, wouldnt be surprised if that became a topic of discussion soon

Maledict

Sonya can be run as solo "warrior" imo
Her 16/20 def absurd, wouldnt be surprised if that became a topic of discussion soon

I think you'll find a post from me from a year ago saying she needed to lose that talents... ;-). You can't be a bruiser and have two direct tanking talents like that. Doesn't make sense and results in really lopsided games later on when she just becomes unkillable.

Alur

My question re: the Twitch cheer loot thing...the vast majority of teams aren't gonna be at Clash, so why would I be cheering for Dignitas or Roll 20 during that event? I mean obviously some people will, but it seems like the kind of thing that would make more sense for regular season play.

brian!

Wrath also needs to be toned down w/r/t how it interacts with spells. I do like how it gives more dmg to q or more healing to e, but it feels like the numbers arent really considered here.

I did about a third of dehaka's health (including poison) with one ability rotation i think

If she were squishy before 16 id have less of a problem with it (tho the 20, that talent was a mistake on everyone), but shes not even that

Shes finally getting picked in competitive now too so i bet that conversation starts up soon

I think you'll find a post from me from a year ago saying she needed to lose that talents... ;-). You can't be a bruiser and have two direct tanking talents like that. Doesn't make sense and results in really lopsided games later on when she just becomes unkillable.

yeah one of us brought it u a while ago and we pretty unanimously agreed those talents had to go.

brian!

It's just their way of putting their hand further in the pot

Last part of this especially
Q: Why would I would I want to Cheer?
A: To show your support, to interact in chat in a highly visible way, to celebrate when something cool happens, have fun, make crazy copypasta.

Man imagine if posting copypasta cost a buck a pop

brian!

They're essentially the same thing tho the 20 is def better, both enable you to get ur own ancestral off. Having access to one isnt the worst but two? That's old odin lvls of hp bar and you're doing decent dmg at the same time

scoobs

There's some bad blood between those two for whatever reason. I know grubby called out Mewn for playing the game solely for monetary gain (he's probably right) and Mewn got super pissed.

scoobs

I think he probably just got sick of answering questions about It, and it ruining his chat so he banned the name from even being said lol

My question re: the Twitch cheer loot thing...the vast majority of teams aren't gonna be at Clash, so why would I be cheering for Dignitas or Roll 20 during that event? I mean obviously some people will, but it seems like the kind of thing that would make more sense for regular season play.

i could see Dig or Roll20 or Nav being cheered ironically. Like now you can throw a naventic logo on there every time you cheer ZUNA FEED or lagf

scoobs

I'm holding out hope he's a real tank, but I'll take another melee assassin too I guess if that's what they're gonna do.

WinFonda

my little foray into QM tonight gave me 3 games with nearly identical enemy (partied) teams, all including a solo DVA while i had just random assortment of whatever on my team

jesus no wonder dva caught those weird nerfs, she doesn't classify as a tank?

every single one of those games was suffer, get your shit together blizz

I don't play Dota 2. Is that similar to butcher?

There's no correlate in HotS. Axe can do the following stuff:
1) Taunt everyone around him to force-attack him for a bit.
2) Every time he gets hit, % chance to whirlwind for AoE damage around him.
3) A finishing blow attack for anyone who is worn down.

So a good Axe player teleports into the enemy team, taunts all of them, and does a bunch of AoE damage while they are helplessly autoattacking. Then he executes a weakling and the fight is won.

He's a ton of fun to play. I would love Garrosh as an Axe correlate.

Think AoE Varian taunt with random extra auto-attacks proc'ing while you're taunted and attacking him.

The fun thing about Axe is if his Ult, an overhead slam with his axe, kills a low health target, insta-gibs and turns them into red mist, it resets the CD and he can use it again immediately.

Think AoE Varian taunt with random extra auto-attacks proc'ing while you're taunted and attacking him.

The fun thing about Axe is if his Ult, an overhead slam with his axe, kills a low health target, insta-gibs and turns them into red mist, it resets the CD and he can use it again immediately.

When did they let his ult do that? I haven't played seriously since DotA1. I tried DotA2 out a few months ago, got annihilated and realized I needed a more forgiving game like HotS.

Always in Dota 2, or at least it was that way for quite a while...

Axe spots a weakness and strikes, instantly killing an enemy unit with low health, or dealing moderate damage otherwise. When an enemy hero is killed with Culling Blade, its cooldown is reset, and Axe and nearby allied units gain bonus movement speed.

The teamwide movement speed thing came later, I think, it's been a while since I last played Dota 2.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Axe

Having a tank with an aggressive design like that sounds like it would suit Garrosh Hellscream. Besides, who doesn't want to punch Garrosh in the face?

Looking forward to the dialogue between him and Thrall. "You cheated at Mak'gora Thrall"

Dahbomb

They gave something similar to Axe's ability to Malthael where it just straight up kills a character below a certain HP point. Maybe Go for the Throat as well for the resets?

But yeah Axe has no corollary in HOTS. The combination of Counter Helix and AOE Taunt is what makes Axe hella interesting.

Remember that in DOTA 1 Axe's model was based off of Grommash Hellscream. I do hope Garrosh plays similar to Axe but I really doubt it for 3 main reasons:

1) HOTS really scales back on the RNG element compared to DOTA 2 which I like a lot. I doubt Blizzard would implement an ability like Counter Helix in the game even though now Counter Helix works off of pseudo RNG.

2) An AOE taunt as a regular ability it too powerful in HOTS, that's like a Heroic ability.

3) Battle Hunter doesn't work when there's no last hitting in the game.

Maledict

There is a HotS version of last hitting though - Greymane and Malthael both have heroics that work of it, and azmodans taste for blood also works off it. I don't think that's the barrier to implementation tbh.

scoobs

There is a HotS version of last hitting though - Greymane and Malthael both have heroics that work of it, and azmodans taste for blood also works off it. I don't think that's the barrier to implementation tbh.

Theres more than that, nazeebo, thrall, ragnaros as well. Last hitting is weirdly becoming quite prominent in HOTS

Rizzi

Well shitty matchmaking prevailed. Uninstalled HotS. Can only get matched up against teams with good composition as a random group of terrible hero combinations so many times before I give up I guess.

Theres more than that, nazeebo, thrall, ragnaros as well. Last hitting is weirdly becoming quite prominent in HOTS

Valla death dealer is a huge last-hitting mechanic as well. Demonstrated by this (amazing ) clip here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnDf6geZ2-E&t=0s

Well shitty matchmaking prevailed. Uninstalled HotS. Can only get matched up against teams with good composition as a random group of terrible hero combinations so many times before I give up I guess.

Damn that sucks. I certainly understand. If I played Quick Match alone I'd probably uninstall too, being 100% honest. Unranked is such a better experience its not even funny. You get a semblance of a real comp, and usually its not the same type of clown fiesta. TL with 5s is the most fun, but obviously requires 4 other people.

Maledict

Bakery on stream saying genji doesnt need nerfs but might need changes to make him more fun to play against

I think there's probably something wrong with him at the pro level, but at normal level of play (even Master level) he isn't overpowered. He's just brutally unfun in every respect to play against, and that's what needs fixing.

brian!

Imo his kit should for all purposes indicate a more niche pick and the fact that he can get away(?) with being first pick shows something. But id say that at the top lvl they have been dealing with him very well recently and i wouldnt be surprised if he lost fp/fb status organically without nerfs

I personally dont think he's unfun to play against but im def in the minority i think

Milly79

latest

Top Bottom