• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Alur

Gotta agree w/ scooby. That Mad Axe Garrosh skin is so outlandish it's actually good. Seems pretty high quality animation wise compared to the base. Legendary for sure I guess?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
AOE Taunt :eek:

Post on Reddit caught something cute w the recent hero releases that strongly suggests that the leak's accurate.

Death Malthael
Pestilence Stukov
War Garrosh
Famine ______ (but we know a guy who helped poison grain!)

what leak? gimme dem leaks.

Maledict

That list is so believable that it makes me quite sad ... I liked knowing nothing of who was coming next 😢

Knowing that the most glorious arch-Liche, Kel'Thuzad, will be joining the nexus is worth it. If only for the confusion having two KTs will cause!

Alur

Knowing that the most glorious arch-Liche, Kel'Thuzad, will be joining the nexus is worth it. If only for the confusion having two KTs will cause!

Amen.

Who will be the one true KT? IIRC Kel'Thuzad was always referred to as KT...no clue on Kael'Thas pre-HOTS, though. I actually was raiding Naxxramas when Wrath hit so I remember it, but didn't raid during BC for Kael'Thas. I remember people calling him Kael in WoW at times.

Zackat

Kael is the false KT. The one true KT will smite all the unbelievers with permafrost.

We even called him Kael in Bc in my guild.

8 win daily again, for the third time. Lucio here I come

Post on Reddit caught something cute w the recent hero releases that strongly suggests that the leak's accurate.

Death Malthael
Pestilence Stukov
War Garrosh
Famine ______ (but we know a guy who helped poison grain!)

Can also be a Dreadlord

If KT doesn't get a li'l KT skin like Ragnaros did there is no justice

634950210016657458.jpg

brian!

What is the body check talent? Is it a gap closer?

single target slow that does dmg scaling off ur passive. slow looks pretty significant and you can talent at 7 to reduce healing on target for 4 secs and lvl 20 give you cdr and another charge.

i cant find out what it's cd is though, that's pretty important, but yeah nice to have a warrior anti-support option

lol i decided to finally get my ai quests done on eu server and it queues me for like 6 minutes and gives me all bots on my team

Alur

I forgot that but it is kind of damning to Kael'Thas "KT" reign that there's a several years old pet in the WoW Blizzard shop named Lil' K.T. for Kel'Thuzad.

Alur

Be hard to stop the habit, though. I mean, Morales is still medic and Kharazim is still monk long after their releases.

Alavard

Kael'Thas is just a crappier version of Arthas.

Think about it. They're both pretty boy blonde princes that dated Jaina, went crazy and sacrificed their own people for more power.

Alur

I've adopted Karl Jim as my Kharazim nickname from the Core podcast guys 😄

Karl Jim is good. Scott's incessant inability to remember hero and ability names is either the best intentional gag or a great unintentional one. I lean toward the latter since he, like Jake, doesn't play the game much...but he does at least pay attention to his co-hosts and defer to them and nudge them in thoughtful directions.

Kael'Thas is just a crappier version of Arthas.

Think about it. They're both pretty boy blonde princes that dated Jaina, went crazy and sacrificed their own people for more power.

I never knew Kael'Thas and Jaina were a thing in the past. Was this before the Arthas saga?

KaelThas felt attracted to her but you know, age differences and Jaina was focused on her studies.

That was after Jaina and Arthas left separate ways to become a Mage and a Paladin respectively.

I like calling Kael'Thas KT because he's a hip youngster who would like an acronym like that.

Kel'Thuzad is a proper aristocrat. Don't sully him with some shit like "KT". Kel'Thuzad better be a godlike addition to the game.

Alur

I like calling Kael'Thas KT because he's a hip youngster who would like an acronym like that.

Kel'Thuzad is a proper aristocrat. Don't sully him with some shit like "KT". Kel'Thuzad better be a godlike addition to the game.

Isn't Kael'Thas pretty old in human terms, though? I mean whoever it was said above part of the reason it didn't work out for him with Jaina was his age difference was creepy.

scoobs

I love that the true colors of this community come out when we get to talking about WoW lore relationships. Blizzard nerds are the best nerds.

scoobs

One of the best parts of HOTS for me is the lore behind the heroes. I know these characters, and that makes them that much more fun to play and get good at for me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
those vastly more popular mobas? Most of them are random ass to me.

I said the ones that came out in the last few years like HotS, not LoL/DOTA which are established. are you seriously saying that a big draw of HotS isnt the Blizzard heroes and people's connection to them?

Good lord... that's enough internet for tonight.

I'd hope so, Hots is a good game not because of the models it uses for its heroes. Of course the backstory matters for subsections of the playerbase based on what Blizzard games they played in the past but I'd like to believe it would be just as popular with original characters.
Saying they don't matter was wrong, they matter, but only in so much that they enhance Hots not take precedence over,

Alur

You're out in left field on this one IMO. I don't think most would even pick up the game without the tie-ins. They might stay for the gameplay compared to another MOBAs more convoluted style, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't the faces they know that gets the majority through the door.

Skab

Depends a lot since most of the Warcraft heroes are from before WoW , after Arthas became the Lich King.

Garrosh for example is the first WoW heroe from his era.

Edit: Actually there are a lot of WoW-but-not-WC3 heroes already in the game, so I'm not sure I understand what you meant

is medivh our only warcraft 1 hero?

also wow xpac wise we have most of them covered

vanilla - ummmm murky and stitches? (Rag?)
BC - Kael and Illidan (there's alot to pull from here)
WoTLK - Arthas & Anub
Cata - Rag and Garrosh
MoP - Chen Lili Garrosh (mantid hero when?)
WoD - Garrosh is really it
Legion - ummm illidan?

Guldan is WC2 ;)

Edit: Actually there are a lot of WoW-but-not-WC3 heroes already in the game, so I'm not sure I understand what you meant

Jaina, Uther,Sylvans, Illidan, ETC,Arthas and Anub are from WC3.

Murky was recently canon on Legion

Lunara can be existing since the start of Warcraft 1

Skab

Jaina, Uther, Illidan, ETC,Arthas and Anub are from WC3.

Murky was recently canon on Legion

Lunara can be existing since the start of Warcraft 1

Not counting Garrosh

Valeera, Ragnaros, Varian, Chromie, Greymane, Lili, Gazlowe, Falstad, and ETC are all characters from WoW.

Top Bottom