• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
god I hate the brawl. It really should be 1 chest for 1 game >_>

or go back to 1k gold at least.

I pick auriel, next pick is a valla. I'm thinking, "Oh, sweet! looking good!"

The valla is a potato. Does similar damage to the tank, isn't stutterstepping, and generates no hope for me.

I check his profile, he is 2k masters and has a decent winrate on Valla.

How???

The valla is a potato. Does similar damage to the tank, isn't stutterstepping, and generates no hope for me.

How???

Carried people are carried

How???

If + once Tirion is in the game, you can put your faith (hope) in the light!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
people really underestimate those Stukov auto attacks dont they?

Prelude.

There's nothing that I love more than having to babysit the team every time we're against a Valeera. Pings on the shimmer, "please stop running around on your own" after the 5th time they get killed split pushing alone, proceed to feed because no one tries to reveal her/she's about to gank someone so I try to help them. So fun. When is the stealthies rework coming?

Alur

Does anyone have link(s) to chu or one of those guys playing Kel'Thuzad in a real game? A cursory search left me without much of that.

Alur

That's MFPT on Chromie breh, lol. There's a game in there of him on KT, but I'm talking about multiple games. No one seems to have 'em. He's in all the games, but with randos playing him.

scoobs

That's MFPT on Chromie breh, lol. There's a game in there of him on KT, but I'm talking about multiple games. No one seems to have 'em. He's in all the games, but with randos playing him.

He played him multiple times on that stream, idk

Prelude.

So yeah, the sand clone swap is a talent at 11, so no Bye Bye into swap value, rip.

Pretty awkward design tbh. Taking a talent at 11 that you can't use unless you get those 80 hits, most likely a lot later in the game.

scoobs

Kelthuzad gonna be godlike. Going to spend my hard earned 15K gold on him day 1.

In there with the OTK combos.

He's going to be a top tier feeder for sure

After a 26% win rate on Garrosh in quick match, I've taken my stress out by playing Nova. God help me.

He's going to be a top tier feeder for sure

After a 26% win rate on Garrosh in quick match, I've taken my stress out by playing Nova. God help me.
67b.jpg

Rhaknar

Nova is disgusting.

Unless youre playing her, than shes awesome :3

Valeera is always disgusting tho.

Alur

Guys I haven't seen anything in the OP. Do we also have a Discord set up for HOTS?

Yep, been around for a long time but it's never really been a hangout. The game just isn't very conducive to it for sustained periods IMO. Byproduct of the short games and several years of bare bones chat functionality in client.

scoobs

Yep, been around for a long time but it's never really been a hangout. The game just isn't very conducive to it for sustained periods IMO. Byproduct of the short games and several years of bare bones chat functionality in client.
That plus ded game

Alur

Haha, yessir.

All the fucking ded game doom and gloom really didn't help around launch and the first few months after. Haven't agreed with everything they've done, but it's still awesome and I do feel a little pride in the fact that the game has improved and by what few measures we have it has grown. Do wish I could say the same about the esports but you can't have it all I guess.

So the big "Blizzard Reveal Ceremony" is at noon EST. Are we expected more Heroes announcements during this perhaps?

It'd be sweet but I feel like what we know so far is a ton compared to what I expected. Kel'Thuzad is Blizzcon level in terms of hype within the playerbase, and then we have those reworks coming. Are there UI changes as well? I thought I saw someone say that but I haven't noticed if there are or not.

EDIT: Also, Illidan's nightmare is getting released finally? lol, the Dark Tower of mounts finally out of development hell.

Alur

Was watching Chu's stream VOD and there's a KT vs KT interaction.

Kel'Thuzad: "Member of the KT fan club, are you? Who could blame you?"

Kael'thas responds but I couldn't hear what he said over chu8 marking out over the interaction.

Also, for you nonbelievers out there...

MattVi said:
We've been dealing with this in the office for a while now. I think we settled on "KT" for Kel'thuzad, and "Kael" for Kael'thas.

Kael'thas has been reverted to Kael like in WoW. The one true KT has arrived.

Rhaknar

of course its KT for Kel'Thusad and Kael for Kael'Thas.

Thats like when people were trying to make GoW for gears of war a "thing" when GoW was always God Of War, Gears is just...Gears. I saw some people try to do GeoW which is silly, just call it Gears, everyone knows what Gears is.

Its like saying Marvel for any Marvel vs game.

Mupod

when I came back to this game a few months ago I wasn't sure what heroes they added at first. When everyone kept saying KT I assumed they meant Kel'Thuzad and I was confused when I couldn't find him on the hero list.

Prelude.

Man, his kit is pretty sick. It's pretty funny seeing these new heroes being able to do a billion things compared to the old ones. It's gonna be embarrassing when a firebat will have a better kit than Raynor.

Alur

Maybe, eventually, they'll come off the "Raynor as the starter hero" gimmick and make him into something fun. Considering he still has that kit but hasn't been one of the actual starter heroes outside of RAF for a while IIRC, it'd make sense.

Top Bottom