• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Alur

LOL, that is entirely not what I got out of what you wrote. It looked like you were bitching that someone WAS solo queuing Tyrande.

If it makes you feel any better those are the comps I get 50% or more of the time no matter who I queue with unless it's as a warrior.

Milly79

Idk.

I feel like there is a disparity in EU/NA and I'm not sure if it has to do with MMR or what. Proto and I have been trying Jaina + Ana and just getting shitty comps. Whereas in EU it was giving us halfway decent comps to where I wouldn't be getting dove to death 3+ times. The players in EU will actively ignore objectives and soak to constantly fight. That still happens sometimes in NA, but to a much lesser extent.

And as I said, not sure if it has to do with the MMR.

Alur

Part of the stomping had to do with MMR I would assume. You're really a 2800-3k player playing at 1900-2300. Not to mention you're also probably playing sub account level 100 people too in those games, right? At least most of mine had that. Them ignoring the game to team fight pretty much confirms it I think.

Milly79

Nah, hardly saw any less than 100. Even saw a few 1000+. I'd assume that has to do with Rhak and Pre being 400+.

Rhak is like 2300 in QM and Pre was 2400. I think mine ranges from 25-29. I wish Blizz would come out with official MMRs. Hotslogs has been varying so much with the resets and stuff. I'm somehow Master 200 something (2900 mmr) in Unranked.

Alur

You're not seeing an equal account level person to your level 10 or whatever on the other side? I've never played a smurf game without that happening.

Kio and I just had the worst 4 or 5 games in existence. If it wasn't for throwing it was just outright done from level 1. Full CC blowup comps vs comps with none, push comps vs those with no wave clear, you name it. Good times.

Alur

Yeah I grouped with them two or three separate times and had it happen. Sometimes the person would be like level 90 or something, but they were always way lower than everyone else. Every time I have it has been for a very small amount of games, though, and at least once was on a different account. Maybe you've played enough by now where it has some semblance of an MMR for you. It didn't even have 5-6 games total on me any of those times.

Alur

The snipe ult is super satisfying. I still don't know if it's any good cause your teammates can muck it up so easy, but it's fun.

Milly79

Zero idea why I am getting this much disparity in MMR. Is it because I'm playing a healer?

uzS-7cR4RgKz_IfgsbXlwQ.png

I typically have no issues dealing with a CG on a 3 lane map. Usually dominate, even. Well this game was not the case. As soon as we get into the match Valla starts spouting off about how Li-Ming is toxic and only farms damage. Well, guess what? It was true!

Zeeb goes top, dies to Malth then decides to come mid before I ping the fuck out of bot. Valla quits early on, meanwhile we have 4 mid fighting 3 of them while we lose soak and the fight because people want to farm damage. What a waste of time.

QM comps have become increasingly worse. They really need to change up the formula somehow. I get it's "quick match" but there has to be something implemented to where you're not getting fucked 60%+ of the time. I really wish they'd cut out the draft bullshit and just give us a somewhat decent comp every time with a tank, healer, X, X, X. No more than 1 spec on every time, etc.

Alur

I have a ~60% winrate with Sylv and a lot of games, Familie, and it feels like that for me when playing her or having her in a game. Really seems to depend on the team around her. Puts out a ton of damage but it's all just numbers so she needs follow up, can't really push alone in this meta, and with heroes like Garrosh and Artanis so common in QM it's really hard to even use your disables properly behind an objective pusher like Punisher or Immortal cause you can still get flipped over the wall. I think she's fine, but definitely a bit frustrating.

And Milly, I had the same kind of disparity right after the season reset. I think I may have posted about it in here. I was alvl 1000+ and having no one above 300 in my games for like 3 straight days with MMR gaps of 600-700 from highest to lowest at times. I was just blind queuing Azmodan so it stomped the lowbies 70% of the time anyway, but if I played something else it was a rough ride. I've noticed when I queue with Kioshen the MMR disparity isn't as bad as when I queue solo.

Celegus

Finally did my first ranked placement game today, hoping it's settled down a bit since the season roll over. First picked Valla on BoE, then got flamed for saying I was going Q build when someone asked, "gg it's already over you gold scrub". Not sure if it continued in game since I have chat off, but the guy actually played well and I didn't die at all, we owned hard. Some people.

New map seems like a winner, though I've only ran into it once in a dozen or so games already. Played Rexxar which seems like a good map for my favorite bear!

scoobs

Looking like they destroyed Dehaka with the latest round of nerfs, and I just dropped 2400 shards on D.Haka 😢

Can't decide if having a skillshot healer is the most amazing or frustrating thing, often it's a pretty fair split of both in a given match.

It's hella frustrating. You have to be predictable to help her land shots. Which means you're predictable for the enemy as well.

TBH she kinda sucks in this iteration. Even in a double heal situation, why would i choose Ana over Brightwing? BW has similar damage output, has a global, can talent into more mobility, and BW's CC is point and click.

She is fun to play atleast, but not really viable IMO

scoobs

It's hella frustrating. You have to be predictable to help her land shots. Which means you're predictable for the enemy as well.

TBH she kinda sucks in this iteration. Even in a double heal situation, why would i choose Ana over Brightwing? BW has similar damage output, has a global, can talent into more mobility, and BW's CC is point and click.

She is fun to play atleast, but not really viable IMO

Cuz Nano Boost

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I think you need to renounce your Trump land and come play EU is what I think Milly

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
maybe y'all just really suck at landing skillshots :3

Alur

I think you need to renounce your Trump land and come play EU is what I think Milly

FWIW there was this guy let's say his name was "Rula" and about a month and a half or two ago he ventured to the kid's end of the pool :)P, sorry I had to) and we had some good games. In this hypothetical scenario, a guy named Rankahr said "you should come play kid's end of the pool more often" and the Rula guy said let me know what time you guys play or when you want to play and maybe I can. He kept checking his DM's but nothing.

That my friends is the story of when the EU boyz swiped right on Alur and then never set up a date. I didn't sleep for days, Rhaknar. DAYS!
all Kappa locks

I might not survive that long. I would have strangled a cute bunny with glacial efficiency after those 4 games yesterday.

Kio will never leave the salt behind. To be fair I did call our last team we played with mouthbreathers after the game yesterday, though the Tracer and Varian certainly deserved it. Called me "the worst kind of person" for asking relatively politely why we didn't follow up for an easy kill 3v2...and this is the same game our Varian picked Twin Blades. Was such fun m8s great game never have a bad time in HOTS

Rhaknar

FWIW there was this guy let's say his name was "Rula" and about a month and a half or two ago he ventured to the kid's end of the pool :)P, sorry I had to) and we had some good games. In this hypothetical scenario, a guy named Rankahr said "you should come play kid's end of the pool more often" and the Rula guy said let me know what time you guys play or when you want to play and maybe I can. He kept checking his DM's but nothing.

That my friends is the story of when the EU boyz swiped right on Alur and then never set up a date. I didn't sleep for days, Rhaknar. DAYS!
all Kappa locks

that time you showed up? thats the same fucking time, always.

Alur

Q0MUQSM.gif

Here in the NA we don't play at the same time every day on a schedule m8 so how am I supposed to know what you do without you saying

Alur

Not sure TBH. Even though I can switch my launcher to log into EU, it still only shows my NA friends list in the client until I'm actually in the game. If you could see that region's friend list it would help a lot.

Rhaknar

Q0MUQSM.gif

Here in the NA we don't play at the same time every day on a schedule m8 so how am I supposed to know what you do without you saying

neither do we, its roughly around the same time. You never show up at any time anyway so dunno why you whining. Besides, from what I hear, you dont even play this game anymore, EU or US.

Alur

Damn, why so snark? You never could take any ribbing but this is a new level of defensive breh.

Any time I've checked EU no one has been on and once or twice you've been in a game and I've whispered you and you never responded. I would hardly call that "never show up". I'm not saying I check it daily, but at least once or twice a week just to see who is around.

As for not playing, I dunno where you got that. I have been playing. I don't play every day now, but I usually do enough to keep my dailies cleared barring this past weekend when I was gone (and gone from here too). No one here would know whether I've been playing or not because I was cast out of the main NA group over a level 4 death in a Haunted Mines game months ago.

Top Bottom